Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Someone asks if you're a brony: What do you say?

Midnight Blaze 98

So, if someone asks you if you're a brony, let's say, after spotting a Rainbow Dash poster in your house or a key ring on your bag, what would you say? Do you deny it and say it's a joke, or someone else put it there? Or do you just admit you're a brony?

It really depends for me. I think I would tend say yes if someone asked if I was a brony, although there are a few people to whom I would definitely deny it to.

However, I think I would answer differently if someone said, 'Do you like my little pony?' to me, if you know what I mean? I must admit, I would probably deny it, just because if they haven't heard of bronies... well, it could be quite hard to explain!

So what are your thoughts on this?

• Brohoof 1

"Yarp",

"That is correct, yes",

"Nooooooo, I just happen to have my little pony stuff for no reason...... Of course I am!",

"Neigh",

"I'll give you some information and then I'll let you decide...",

"Indeed"

I'd probally just hint that I watch it maybe. It's hard to say since I've still yet to finish watching season 4 and beyond. As open minded as I am, I do feel quite awkward admitting to things that I know most people will just instantly label me as weird, even though that's true anyway. I don't want people assuming that all bronies are weird like me. ;P

• Brohoof 2

I have been asked this on numerous occasions due to wearing at least one piece of pony merch anywhere I go and my answer is always one word: "Yup." That's it really. XD Nothing elaborate is really necessary, I just confirm it and leave it as that. It has lead to some actually nice casual conversation though, and this is with people that don't watch the show. Pretty cool.

• Brohoof 5

I say no. 

Because I'm not anymore. 

Even when I was, I was closeted. I only told those I trusted most. I don't exactly live in back country Alabama, but I lived in a town where word gets around and everybody is pretty conservative. I didn't want anyone to know about it. And even if someone should ask if I was, my answer is still no. 

I don't call myself a brony so I wouldn't even be lying if I answered no. :bedeyes: Even if the person asked if I like the show, I'd still say no since I don't want anyone to know anymore since it has caused enough problems already.

I tend to be pretty up front and in your face about things I enjoy. So Id answer yes and not give a buck if they take issues with it. As a veteran, hunter, martial artists, and avid sport shooter my man card is never in question. At least not to me. And my view of manhood is the only one that ought to matter outside of a few key people in my life. 

Edited by Jedishy

I try to be as honest as possible. So, I will be honest about it. This can go many ways, it could go "Oh, cool. I watch the show too!" or "Get a life!" At the end of the day, I will still like the show and I have the possibility of making a new friend.

I have dropped hints that I am a brony to my friends, I think they are bronies too. One of them had told me that he really likes Twilight. That is about it, I watch many cartoons and I am pretty open about it, how is MLP any different?

Someone in my workplace once asked :" Hey, whats that Pony Picture on your Facebook Page about?" And i simply replied : " Its from a Cartoon i like. " But i didnt even mentioned the name, because i was afraid that he would make fun off me, so i tried to tell him as less as possible.

I never even used the Words " Brony " or " My Little Pony ".

If someone would directly ask me if im a Brony...i think i would say yes, but only if they would specifically ask me that. With some People though i would probably say, " Im not anymore " or " only kind off ". Depends on the Person.

Well for me I would just make up an excuse that all the pony stuff in my room was a prank set up by my younger brother. And then I would just try to get everything including myself to move on from it and forget about it! It's really because I'm not exactly ready for my friends and family to know that I'm a brony yet!  :) 

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 1