Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Preview for Triple Threat.

CastletonSnob

3 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'll bet Spike's having stress visions. 

Whatever happens for better or worse, I'm curious as to what will happen.

Most likely Stress Visions

I just hope it doesn't end up with Spike getting in trouble, because I've seen enough episodes of that.

I wonder is what happened in the preview is actually happening, or is Spike imagining the worst possible scenario, because I feel like it could go either way.

On the plus side, for all those people wondering if changelings could still shapeshift after their transformation during the season 6 finale, it looks like they still can.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, cmarston1 said:

I wonder is what happened in the preview is actually happening, or is Spike imagining the worst possible scenario, because I feel like it could go either way.

On the plus side, for all those people wondering if changelings could still shapeshift after their transformation during the season 6 finale, it looks like they still can.

Just as long as they don't change into non-living things like rocks or trees. You would never be able to trust your own bed again. :o

Thorax turning into a rock that one time doesn't count, because no other Changeling was shown using it to their advantage like they could have in S6 Finale.:okiedokieloki:

25 minutes ago, Brainstorm said:

Most likely Stress Visions

I just hope it doesn't end up with Spike getting in trouble, because I've seen enough episodes of that.

It's an episode about him thinking of all of Equestria, and not his own personal ego, it's a big improvement!

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'll bet Spike's having stress visions. 

Whatever happens for better or worse, I'm curious as to what will happen.

No doubt. How can a bear fly in the first place since he is looking to the skies. :D

Just now, Hierok said:

No doubt. How can a bear fly in the first place since he is looking to the skies. :D

Don't forget the Bugbear from Season 5:

598f5203d01b8_download(4).jpg.de85c49f2348627ca5ee967cd6cfc8ab.jpg

Well, what do you know! A bug-like person like Thorax turning a bear! He's the 2nd Bugbear to deal with! LOL! Nice subtle callback!

• Brohoof 2

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Don't forget the Bugbear from Season 5:

598f5203d01b8_download(4).jpg.de85c49f2348627ca5ee967cd6cfc8ab.jpg

Well, what do you know! A bug-like person like Thorax turning a bear! He's the 2nd Bugbear to deal with! LOL! Nice subtle callback!

That is actually a clever reference there. Now I can't wait till I can see it. :)

I think I know how it's gonna end! Yeah, obviously they get along, but I mean, perhaps Spike would feel bad because he doesn't know his friends well enough to know they wouldn't fight, so Twilight makes him ambassador so he could visit them more and keep the the 3-way friendship alliance healthy! That would be the best case scenario!

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, cmarston1 said:

I thought it was already shown in the Season 7 Premiere that the changelings can still shapeshift in Twilight's vision.

• Brohoof 2

It looks great! I'm not sure that's a stress vision though. At least the dialog isn't from a stress vision. The visuals could be. Normally you don't write a scene like that with concrete dialog that x is happening. It would usually be phrased differently. 

I actually believe this may not be a typical "much ado about nothing" episode and more about real tensions that exist between Dragons and Changelings with Spike having to mediate and create the foundation of a new relationship between them. 

• Brohoof 1

Probably would've had more intensity had it been thorax as an old school changeling vs. Ember, as it would be a clash of two creatures with visually intimidating styles. Something that MLP has yet to really do. 

But thorax is still a pretty bug and a reformed character. I mean look at him. He has one of the least intimidating designs and behaviors of the show. so ember just from the preview looks like the aggressor, rather than leaving it ambiguous.

I'm sure it'll be an interesting episode (so long as it's not a stress vision), but it just feels like this should've been done last season. Post Times they are a changeling, pre-finale.

4 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

But thorax is still a pretty bug and a reformed character. I mean look at him. He has one of the least intimidating designs and behaviors of the show. so ember just from the preview looks like the aggressor, rather than leaving it ambiguous.

His normal design is probably why he transformed into a bear, an aggressive animal. Plus from the way the preview was edited, Thorax was the one shown to be agressive first, and Ember isn't seen until after.

Holy crap! What could've prompted Thorax to transform into bear and attack Ember? Do Dragons and Changelings have some sort of past issues we don't know about?

Also, more Starlight? Awesome! One of my hopes for Season 7 was for Starlight to appear in more episodes than Season 6. If you add this episode and a certain other upcoming episode, that makes 8 appearances for her in S7. Only 2 more for it to match S6 and we don't even know about the finale yet.

15 hours ago, Jeric said:

I actually believe this may not be a typical "much ado about nothing" episode and more about real tensions that exist between Dragons and Changelings with Spike having to mediate and create the foundation of a new relationship between them. 

That would be pretty awesome. I just hope that this time he gets some actual credit for it. I am little bummed that Spike got near zero recognition for helping to tame two of Equestria's more serious threats.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, zaighster said:

That would be pretty awesome. I just hope that this time he gets some actual credit for it. I am little bummed that Spike got near zero recognition for helping to tame two of Equestria's more serious threats.

Aye. I'm crossing my fingers that he gets named an official ambassador like Pinkie Pie did with the Yaks. 

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, zaighster said:

I think Spike is fine with things as they are.

He has actual statues to him in the Crystal Empire; Both Thorax and Ember know what he did for them, and I think that relationship and the respect they will have for his opinion/decisions will be key to resolving this episode. In ponyville though, there is only one pony whose opinion he really cares about, and she was there for all the pivotal "Spike the Brave and Glorious" moments in his career, so... yeah

Hope this episode isnt painfully predictable :orly: Thorax and Ember dont hate each other and Spike is just being paranoid, please not be the case. From i saw, the fight between Thorax and Ember is super cool but ... Is it just Spike's imagination, right? He doesnt even need Twilight's spell to cause paranoid for himself.:scots: Please prove me wrong, writers.