Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Equestria Distopia {RP}

Pripyat Pony

@Radience @silvermoon15000 @Drago Ryder @Acnologia

OOC: [x]

(Two days ago)

Princess Celestia was worried, and trying not to show it. All thru the day, she sat alone in her bedroom, desperate to tell her sister her worries but not wanting to disturb Luna's sleep. After all, Luna would need to be well rested for what lay ahead, a task that only she could do. Celestia sighed, and once again, read over the reports she had had from various ponies in Equestria. All had the same theme, more or less, and ranged from casual to panicky, depending on the author. There was a problem in Equestria; it seemed as tho the magic and joy was seeping out of the world. Celestia had already established that it was nothing at all in Equestria that was causing the magic drain; she shuddered once more as she remembered how she'd discovered the true cause.

The magic mirror; that was the key to the strange force that was slowly draining the magic from Equestria, and with it, the joy. Ponies were getting depressed; unicorns found that their spells went awry, and pegasi would suddenly lose the ability to fly. Earth ponies found that their strength was failing. The mirror was the doorway to other dimensions, and it was in one of these alternative worlds that the cause of the drain was present; an alternative form of Equestria, for years the sickness infecting it had been self contained, but now it was leaking thru the mirror into Equestria. The only way to stop it once and for all was to send a task force thru the mirror and into this alternative world.

This was why Celestia was waiting for her sister to awaken; she was to be the scout, to check out the lie of the land and pave the way for the task force with her power of dreamwalking. Luna would not even have to leave the area to be able to perform the scout mission. She could walk into the dreams of the ponies who lived in this world and discover exactly what was causing the drain, and stop it by whatever means necessary...

(Present)

The task force had been assembled; two fighters and a healer, and Celestia had sent them messages to inform them that the mission was to start. If anypony was late, then no matter, they could always go thru the mirror at a later date. This was not a mission that would be improved on rushing it; time and care would have to be taken. Thanks to Luna, nopony would be going in blind; a missive had been sent to each task force member detailing what this alternative world was like, but of course, nopony would know what they were dealing with til they actually got there.

~~~

A clearing in the middle of the Everfree Forest. Tents scattered around a wooden hut, the trees around the clearing seeming to shimmer with magic. A blue unicorn wearing a long black cloak with the hood covering her face emerged from the hut. She flipped back her hood, revealing light purple eyes and a mane in two shades of pale blue. Her name was Trixie Lulamoon, and she was one of the leaders of the Resistance. The other, a black and white zebra mare walked out besides her.

"Something about this day makes me think, I wonder, will we find the link?" said Zecora to Trixie.

Trixie nodded, her face taking on a puzzled frown. "Yes, I sense it, too," she replied. "I can't quite put my hoof on it, but something about today is... different. I think that something is going to happen, out there. Perhaps I should take a patrol out to investigate."

"Do as you believe is best, I wish you luck in your quest," Zecora said. "Meanwhile, I the fort will hold, it is not for all of us to be bold."

Trixie smiled widely at the zebra mare. "As if that could ever be true of you," she said, warmly, to her friend and comrade in arms. "You, Zecora, are probably the bravest of us all."

Link to OOC Topic: https://mlpforums.com/topic/169067-equestria-distopia-ooc/
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Pripyat Pony said:

@Radience @silvermoon15000 @Drago Ryder @Acnologia

OOC: [x]

(Two days ago)

Princess Celestia was worried, and trying not to show it. All thru the day, she sat alone in her bedroom, desperate to tell her sister her worries but not wanting to disturb Luna's sleep. After all, Luna would need to be well rested for what lay ahead, a task that only she could do. Celestia sighed, and once again, read over the reports she had had from various ponies in Equestria. All had the same theme, more or less, and ranged from casual to panicky, depending on the author. There was a problem in Equestria; it seemed as tho the magic and joy was seeping out of the world. Celestia had already established that it was nothing at all in Equestria that was causing the magic drain; she shuddered once more as she remembered how she'd discovered the true cause.

The magic mirror; that was the key to the strange force that was slowly draining the magic from Equestria, and with it, the joy. Ponies were getting depressed; unicorns found that their spells went awry, and pegasi would suddenly lose the ability to fly. Earth ponies found that their strength was failing. The mirror was the doorway to other dimensions, and it was in one of these alternative worlds that the cause of the drain was present; an alternative form of Equestria, for years the sickness infecting it had been self contained, but now it was leaking thru the mirror into Equestria. The only way to stop it once and for all was to send a task force thru the mirror and into this alternative world.

This was why Celestia was waiting for her sister to awaken; she was to be the scout, to check out the lie of the land and pave the way for the task force with her power of dreamwalking. Luna would not even have to leave the area to be able to perform the scout mission. She could walk into the dreams of the ponies who lived in this world and discover exactly what was causing the drain, and stop it by whatever means necessary...

(Present)

The task force had been assembled; two fighters and a healer, and Celestia had sent them messages to inform them that the mission was to start. If anypony was late, then no matter, they could always go thru the mirror at a later date. This was not a mission that would be improved on rushing it; time and care would have to be taken. Thanks to Luna, nopony would be going in blind; a missive had been sent to each task force member detailing what this alternative world was like, but of course, nopony would know what they were dealing with til they actually got there.

~~~

A clearing in the middle of the Everfree Forest. Tents scattered around a wooden hut, the trees around the clearing seeming to shimmer with magic. A blue unicorn wearing a long black cloak with the hood covering her face emerged from the hut. She flipped back her hood, revealing light purple eyes and a mane in two shades of pale blue. Her name was Trixie Lulamoon, and she was one of the leaders of the Resistance. The other, a black and white zebra mare walked out besides her.

"Something about this day makes me think, I wonder, will we find the link?" said Zecora to Trixie.

Trixie nodded, her face taking on a puzzled frown. "Yes, I sense it, too," she replied. "I can't quite put my hoof on it, but something about today is... different. I think that something is going to happen, out there. Perhaps I should take a patrol out to investigate."

"Do as you believe is best, I wish you luck in your quest," Zecora said. "Meanwhile, I the fort will hold, it is not for all of us to be bold."

Trixie smiled widely at the zebra mare. "As if that could ever be true of you," she said, warmly, to her friend and comrade in arms. "You, Zecora, are probably the bravest of us all."

Silver looked at the other two ponies and decided to make some small talk,

"So...I'm Silvermoon, both of you are?"

@Pripyat Pony

Tempest breathed calmly as he sat on a tree branch, meditating. He had been foghting this war for a good portion of his life, and he had seen many friends come and go. The bat pony then glanced at Trixie and opened his eyes. "I don't sense anything, but Gale and I don't exactly have anything to do." While the other members of the resistance knew the basics when it came to his abilities, they didn't know where they came from or the inhaitant within his mind.

Gale sighed as she looked into the air from the shadows of the forest floor. Considering the the current situation Equestria was facing, flying would only cause more trouble for her and the others. That being said, she was under the branch Tempest was on. "At least you can meditate. I'm literally grounded." She said.

@Pripyat Pony

Clayton sat on a tree stump, whestone in hand as he sharped his scythe. Things had gone to tartarus so fast, and now he was fighting to set things. Thankfully, the resistance had been in need of a blacksmith, and he was the perfect stallion for the job.The earth pony then set out a new rack of weapons, before taking a walk around the camp.

Orion gave a low growl as he watched the ponies mill about the camp. Aside from him, there was only one dragon that had even bothered to join the resistance. "At least they have some counter for the pegasai" He thought, before glancing at Trixie from a distance. 

@silvermoon15000 Jay looked shyly back at Silver. "My name's Jay," she replied. "I'm sort of alright at fighting, but my main talent is healing."

In fact, Jay was, thanks to the evil mage who had inhabited her head for most of her life then departed, quite accomplished at fighting and offensive spells. She didn't like to say so, tho, as she didn't really want to discuss that part of her life which was now over.

Celestia looked at the clock. "The others are late," she said. "The two of you had better go in now, and I will send the others when they arrive. Try and find the resistance group first, and get them to fill you in on how things are right now."

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia Trixie looked at the two other members of the resistance, the pony and the dragon. "The two of you had better join my patrol," she said. "I'm getting the feeling that this will be no ordinary patrol, and a dragon would come in handy should we encounter anything or anyone who causes difficulties. Two would be even better," she added, looking around to see if she could spot Orion.

She sighed, heavily. "Ever since the last captures, we have been stretched to our limits." Trixie was speaking from experience. Several ponies had been captured by the enemy; four by Glitter's forces, and two pegasi had been snagged by Cloud's enslaved griffins while spying on Cloudsville. As a result, spying missions had been reduced, as since unicorns were needed to maintain the shield, they could not be risked any more. Save for herself; Trixie was rueful. Tho there were others she could delegate to, she would have felt guilty had anypony been captured from a patrol that she was not a part of.

"Do not worry about guarding the nest," Zecora said, comfortingly. "All of us will do our very best."

"Thanks, Zecora," Trixie replied, gratefully. She knew that she could always rely on Zecora; the zebra mare had a magic all of her own which was brilliant when it came to lifting spirits and inspiring the resistance.

@Pripyat Pony

Silver looked at the shy mare,

"Good enough for the team, and its still nice to meet ya," he gave her a smile.

After Celestia spoke he nodded,

"I hope this resistance isn't hostile towards us when we meet or there may not be a team any longer," he said.

He then waited for a signal to enter the portal.

@Pripyat Pony

Orion could almost tell that Trixie was looking for him, but he didn't exactly like the conditions he would have to fly under. The dragon was by no means a coward, but he knew when to stay back. He only had a limited charge of electricity without a storm, which wouldn't do him any good in a prolonged fight. That being said, the fact that there were other members of the group did mean that he'd have backup. Eventually, Orion stood and walked towards the three. "I might as well go along with you." He muttered under his breath.

Clayton noticed that another group was being sent out and shook his head. Nothing had changed ever since Glimmer took over years ago, but they still kept fighting. "Hopefully they learn something useful." He thought.

@Pripyat Pony@Acnologia

Gale gave a light smile as Orion approached and nodded. "Looks like someone's getting involved." She said. The dragoness then stretched her wings and body. She hadn't been in the air in days, and she was excited to get going.

Tempest overheard the conversation between Trixie and Zecora, and shook his head. If they got caught, the resistance would lose a lot of important members. "We need to get the general public on our side. They fear their rulers too much." He thought.

Nero gave a low growl from within the bat pony's mind. "If you'd just use more of our abilities-"

Tempest immediately cut off the spirit inhabiting his mind when he realized what was about to be said.  "No. The last thing we need is for our enemies to learn of you." He muttered, his eyes narrowing." The bat pony then trotted away from the others and headed towards the edge of the barrier. He'd wait for the others within the scouting party there.

Día Rosetta

Día Rosetta thought something was a bit off when the unicorn around Equestria started to loose their magic. She was quite a bit conserned when earth ponies lost their strength and she lost the ability to fly. She was sure somgthing was very, very wrong when the princess of the moon herself visited her in a dream. Turned out a magic portal mirror was taking all the magic in Equestria, and she had to go fix it. 

Horray. 

"We have seen your great capability in reasoning with and convincing others, Día Rosetta. As we have no knowlage of what lies beyond the mirror, we see it fit you accompany a group into the mirror as a negotiator for whatever might lay there," Luna explained. 

Rosetta, waking up, wasn't all that thrilled. She tried to push the facts to the edge of her mind, dismissing them as silly, made up thoughts she had drempt up to create a conclusion for the chaos around her. But all throughout the day day, the thought just kept coming back to the front of her mind. This was her chance to do something noteworthy, to be important and with a purpose for once in her life. By the next morning, she had made up her mind. With a ticket to the Crystal Empire, Día Rosetta hopped onto a train. She would be late compared to the others, but that couldn't be helped. It didn't matter anyhoof. Rosetta would be a hero. 

Edited by Silver Note

@silvermoon15000 Celestia nodded to Jay and Silver. "You may enter the portal," she said to the first two members of the task force. "Good luck, my little ponies."

Jay took a deep breath and stepped into the mirror. Immediately, she felt as tho her mind and body were being melted and whirled around together, but only for a few moments. When she stepped out the other side, Jay felt a bit queasy and had to sit down on the rough ground. It took a while for her eyes to focus, but when they did, she knew instantly where she was; in the Castle Of The Two Sisters. It had obviously been left to lie in cobwebs and disrepair, rather than being cleaned up as it had been in the Equestria that Jay knew. The room where the mirror was propped up was thick with dust and spiders and the door was half off its hinges. Taking a deep breath, Jay stood up and waited for her new associate to join her.

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia As well as Gale, Tempest, Orion and Trixie, two others joined the patrol; a half zebra mare named Sanura and a pegasus stallion named Mist. Sanura had been a spy for Celestia and burned with a desire for revenge. Mist had been a citizen under the hoof of Cloud, who Sanura had persuaded to join the resistance. Trixie said to the other members of the resistance, "Everypony, you all must continue with your tasks and protect this base. Unicorns, maintain the shield. That is all. If you have anything to ask, Zecora will help."

Trixie turned to her patrol, pushing a box towards the group. "Everypony, don't forget your mask," she said. The boxes contained elaborately decorated masks with filters for the muzzle to render the air outside the forest breathable. Some of the masks were nightmare faces, others were of animals and yet others were fantastical faces. The masks served another purpose to enabling everypony to be able to breathe the polluted air; they also served to disguise the faces of the resistance. Trixie put hers on, a pure white kabuki mask with red trails from the eyeholes like bloody tears.

"We will take the route that leads by the Castle," Trixie continued. The Castle Of The Two Sisters might lie in ruins, but it was a focal point for the resistance. Somehow, its very presence repelled the enemy and none would enter it. The only reason that it wasn't used as the official hide out was the fact that it would be too difficult to defend as there were many exits and being inside a building meant that there would be a risk of siege. Better to remain outside in the clean air of the forest clearing, even if they did have to erect protective wards around the camp.

On 8/19/2017 at 6:54 PM, Silver Note said:

Día Rosetta

Celestia settled herself to wait for the other task force members. Perhaps it was better this way, to send them into the strange alternative world in small groups, rather than one large group which would attract unwelcome attention. She still felt uneasy about the mission, but knew that she could not risk going herself, or sending her sister. This was a better way.

@Pripyat Pony

Tempest looked over tha available masks before choosing one that had no discernable features. For all intents and purporses, it was a blank slate. "Let's get going." He said, checking to make sure he had his swords with him. The bat pony then stepped out of the barrier and headed for the castle ruins. "If I sense anything, you'll know."

Gale sighed as she watched her friend walk into the forest, before glancing at Trixie. "I'll give you some air support. Nigt flights were always my specialty." She said, before taking off at full speed into the air. At five hundred feet, she entered a smooth glide and had a good vantage point.

@Pripyat Pony

Orion decided that it would be best if she followed Gale. He preferred long range fights, so unless they encountered a pegesus, they were relatively safe. 

Clayton gave a slight smirk as he grabbed a kitsune mask with red markings. His scythe glinted in the light as he followed Tempest. "Let's just hope that this goesn't go down the drain." He muttered under his breath.

@silvermoon15000 Jay thought for a moment, agreeing with Silver that their surroundings were pretty awful. The dust was undisturbed so nopony had been in this particular room for some time. "I'm not sure," she replied, "But maybe we should explore the forest. I don't think that a resistance group would be able to function in any of the towns, so maybe they hide out in the forest. We should also leave a note for the other task force members in this room so that they know where we've gone. That way, they can either follow us or take their own route."

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia Trixie was thankful for the two dragons on the resistance team. They were so much better for air support of patrols than pegasi; for one thing, they could take care of any enemies swiftly and quietly so that the patrol remained under the radar. She motioned to the others, then walked after Tempest. Trixie was a little annoyed that he had taken the lead, but sensing this, Zecora whispered in her ear before Trixie left the camp.

"It is good that he goes in first, as danger he can sense at the worst."

Trixie gave her friend a thankful smile before catching up to Tempest in the forest, the other ponies of the patrol keeping with them. Everypony was on the lookout; as well as the enemy, there could also be hostile fauna.

• Brohoof 1

@Pripyat Pony

"Seems like a good idea," Silver replied,

"And the resistance...they are probably safer in the forest...what type of note do you want to leave," he kept looking around. He wondered who was a part of the resistance, if the elements were evil would that mean the villains would be the good guys.

@Pripyat Pony

"Always the one to go in head first, eh Tempest." Gale thought. The dragoness knew that he wasn't exactly one to watch his friends get hurt, but he could take it to the point where he would get himself nearly killed. She then turned her attention to Orion, and figured that she might as well converse with him. "So, why'd you join the resistance? I know that Glimmer and the others attacked the other nations, but most dragons that weren't caught fled across the seas." 

Said bat pony tried to relax as he got an image of the surrounding area within his mind. The it took for him to discern what that image held depended on the range at which he could see. It was useful when one was fighting in the dark or had to look around corners, but it also gave him a migraine if he overextended. "Nothing so far. Hopefully it stays that way." He said, not even turning to look at Trixie. 

@Pripyat Pony

While Trixie and Tempest and Trixie walked ahead, Clayton took the rear of what was essentially a triangle formation. "I'm actually a bit curious as to how you can do that. I'd assume it's magic, but you aren't exactly a unicorn." He said.

Orion glanced at Gale and thought for a second before responding. "I figured that I might as well do something to try and stop all of this. That, and I have a friend in the resistance, not that that sort of thing means much at this point." He said, before flying a bit higher, not wanting to expend energy to climb higher while trying to fight a diving pegesus.

@silvermoon15000 "Just a short note telling them where we went," Jay replied. She took a quill and parchment out of the saddlebag she always wore and quickly scribbled a brief note, pinning it to the wall opposite the mirror. It read, "To whom it may concern, Jay and Silver have gone to seek the resistance in the forest." Finishing, she turned to Silver. "We ought to get out of this room at least," she said, stifling a sneeze. "It's so dusty."

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia "Let's hope so... for their sake," Trixie replied. She could not remember feeling so much hatred for a pony before Glitter had taken over Equestria and banished the royal sisters to the moon. True, the other five were almost as bad, but Glitter was the worst; she was inequine. Trixie kept a watchful eye out as she walked, wishing that a solution would present itself to her. Really, they were currently at an impass; attacking was worse than useless so all they could do is try to keep up with things by sending out patrols to make sure that the enemy didn't try anything.

• Brohoof 1

@Pripyat Pony@Acnologia

Gale gave a light smirk."No. There's still that sort of connection, and that's something that won't be taken from you." She said. The dragoness also had a close friend, and she wasn't about to let him kill himself to save the world.

Tempest glanced at Clayton and narrowed his eyes. "That's something that you shouldn't concern yourself with." He said, before continuing on. The bat pony then began to think of everything that he had lost since Glimmer's rise: his friends, his wife, his job, and the princess he had served under for years. All of it, gone in an instant. The fact that he wasn't able to do anything about it made his blood boil. "Just focus on what's ahead."

@Pripyat Pony

Clayton felt a bit annoyed at Tempest's response, and rolled his eyes. "Well, that was a waste of time. What's his problem, anyway." He muttered under his breath. He knew that the bat pony was once a guard, but sometimes, military doctrine had to be left behind.

Orion nodded slightly and flew a bit higher. "True. Very true." He said. 

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia Soon, the castle hove into view. Despite its general disrepair, the Castle Of The Two Sisters was intact on the outside, with the walls and roof still standing. The library was also still there for reference, tho most of the small rooms leading off the main corridor were not entered as they were too dusty and also didn't really contain anything of interest. The throne room was fairly clean, and contained food stores; it was easier to store food inside the castle than at the camp due to the lack of space at the camp. Since the enemy appeared to be repelled from the castle, it was a safe place to have stores.

As Trixie passed a window, her ears pricked up. She stopped walking and listened hard, as she could hear movement and the sound of hooves muffled by dust. Somepony was inside that room; a room considered unimportant as all it contained was a mirror. True, the strangers could not be enemies, but they should definitely be investigated.

"Everypony, stop for a moment," Trixie said to the others in the patrol. "Somepony is inside the castle. We ought to check it out."

• Brohoof 1

@Pripyat Pony
Red leaf a green coated crystal pony with a red main was glad to be part of the resistance, being one who thought mostly about how to experiment with his magic and grow it he soon realized as the world grew around him he needed to do more then "sit around reading scrolls and testing them on water melons" an friend would tease him about for being his hermit self. Hence the resentence movement, along with a very very ruff day he found his was to the resistance...or it found him. It was a concept he often debated with himself, seeing the wards he had so many ideas on what to do with them. Yet he caught himself one of the very few times the unicorn did as while red leaf whished he had one himself knowing the resistance needed a careful hoof vs the made magic he would do for fun something told him to probably check with a higher up. That's when he was surprised seeing the one but definitely not ignorable no matter how you dress this pony. Zeccora, he wasn't sure if he should salute or not parching her but respect was needed....

a bow? no to formal
a high hoof? come on leafy this wasn't high school
a very mysterious tone in his voice?.....no more pony bond for you

"Ms. Zeccora, a honor to meet you" he began as he approached the zebra with a bow, soon getting up "names red leaf just got here was getting ideas on what we could do with the wards but something tells me I might want to check with you" he said slightly cursing himself with his awkward open line

On 8/25/2017 at 3:59 PM, Pripyat Pony said:

@silvermoon15000 "Just a short note telling them where we went," Jay replied. She took a quill and parchment out of the saddlebag she always wore and quickly scribbled a brief note, pinning it to the wall opposite the mirror. It read, "To whom it may concern, Jay and Silver have gone to seek the resistance in the forest." Finishing, she turned to Silver. "We ought to get out of this room at least," she said, stifling a sneeze. "It's so dusty."

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia "Let's hope so... for their sake," Trixie replied. She could not remember feeling so much hatred for a pony before Glitter had taken over Equestria and banished the royal sisters to the moon. True, the other five were almost as bad, but Glitter was the worst; she was inequine. Trixie kept a watchful eye out as she walked, wishing that a solution would present itself to her. Really, they were currently at an impass; attacking was worse than useless so all they could do is try to keep up with things by sending out patrols to make sure that the enemy didn't try anything.

On 8/29/2017 at 7:03 PM, Pripyat Pony said:

@Drago Ryder @Acnologia Soon, the castle hove into view. Despite its general disrepair, the Castle Of The Two Sisters was intact on the outside, with the walls and roof still standing. The library was also still there for reference, tho most of the small rooms leading off the main corridor were not entered as they were too dusty and also didn't really contain anything of interest. The throne room was fairly clean, and contained food stores; it was easier to store food inside the castle than at the camp due to the lack of space at the camp. Since the enemy appeared to be repelled from the castle, it was a safe place to have stores.

As Trixie passed a window, her ears pricked up. She stopped walking and listened hard, as she could hear movement and the sound of hooves muffled by dust. Somepony was inside that room; a room considered unimportant as all it contained was a mirror. True, the strangers could not be enemies, but they should definitely be investigated.

"Everypony, stop for a moment," Trixie said to the others in the patrol. "Somepony is inside the castle. We ought to check it out."

Silver nodded,

"That'll do it," he said looking around again,

"Interesting," was all he could say

@cwhip9 With Trixie leading the patrol, Zecora decided to busy herself with the various tasks of the camp. Pegasi were generally sent out to fetch food from the stores in the Castle, earth ponies were tasked with maintaining and making weapons, and unicorns were concerned with charging the wards. On this note, the zebra mare was glad to see a unicorn approach, as this last was the most important task of all.

"Good to see you, Red Leaf, today," Zecora replied, with a smile. "For that was what I needed to check this day."

@silvermoon15000 "It's strange," Jay replied. "This room looks as tho nopony has been in here for decades."

• Brohoof 2

41 minutes ago, Pripyat Pony said:

@cwhip9 With Trixie leading the patrol, Zecora decided to busy herself with the various tasks of the camp. Pegasi were generally sent out to fetch food from the stores in the Castle, earth ponies were tasked with maintaining and making weapons, and unicorns were concerned with charging the wards. On this note, the zebra mare was glad to see a unicorn approach, as this last was the most important task of all.

"Good to see you, Red Leaf, today," Zecora replied, with a smile. "For that was what I needed to check this day."

@silvermoon15000 "It's strange," Jay replied. "This room looks as tho nopony has been in here for decades."

@Pripyat Pony

Silver nodded,

"You would think at least somepony would keep it just tidy enough in here to maintain some type of hygiene," he said waving his hoof around.