Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who else likes Trixie?

derpy4ever

I personally don't like how ponyville treated Trixie in her first episode. I didn't think she did anything wrong. Her job was to be a traveling magician and they ruined her career. Am I the only one who thinks this?

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I thought that! Twilight seemed to ruin Trixie's career temporarily. She was only doing it for entertaining purposes, she wasn't hurting anyone! Gilda was much worse! She actually did harm on purpose!

• Brohoof 1

When I first saw Boast Busters it seemed to me that the mane 5 who were at her show knew her already (because of previous tours?) and were there just to bitch about her show while she was performing. No one does that if they don't have a history.

Then when Trixie finishes and challenges them, they tried doing it putting up a (better?) show, but she just answered performing tricks that abused the three ponies that took the challenge. Here's when I was convinced about an untold history between Trixie and at least 3 of the mane 5.

Having that as my headcanon, it seems that the mane 5 and ponyville in general did not act different than on previous Trixie's tours, what change at that time was that 2 ponies took Trixie's bragging too far, Trixie went from town to town claiming how she defeated an Ursa Major for marketing purposes. She was exposed to be a fraud and that's what ruined her career. It was her own false claim what backfired, not the mane 5's or ponyville's attitude towards Trixie.

So... I also think Trixie was not that bad back then just had a sort of feud with the mane 5, but she was definitely the cause of her own fall.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I like Trixie, she seems like someone I could be friends with in real life and if the mane six didn't like her all that much they could've just avoided her show instead of causing a scene. The punishment was unfair, she was just coming to ponyville to put on a show for the local community, no harm there, so I have to back poor misunderstood Trixie. Although her later appearance where she steals Twilights magic and stuff, was just plain bad of her, I do not back evil Trixie, she seems like a nice pony once you get to know her.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, DonMaguz said:

When I first saw Boast Busters it seemed to me that the mane 5 who were at her show knew her already (because of previous tours?) and were there just to bitch about her show while she was performing. No one does that if they don't have a history.

Then when Trixie finishes and challenges them, they tried doing it putting up a (better?) show, but she just answered performing tricks that abused the three ponies that took the challenge. Here's when I was convinced about an untold history between Trixie and at least 3 of the mane 5.

Having that as my headcanon, it seems that the mane 5 and ponyville in general did not act different than on previous Trixie's tours, what change at that time was that 2 ponies took Trixie's bragging too far, Trixie went from town to town claiming how she defeated an Ursa Major for marketing purposes. She was exposed to be a fraud and that's what ruined her career. It was her own false claim what backfired, not the mane 5's or ponyville's attitude towards Trixie.

So... I also think Trixie was not that bad back then just had a sort of feud with the mane 5, but she was definitely the cause of her own fall.

Every performer embellishes their story. Snips and Snails should have has the common sense to to go chasing after an Ursa, it's not Trixie's fault they didn't use common sense. 

I liked Trixie strictly for her design, but after her character reintroduction I started liking her character a lot too. Also I've read and written too much fanfiction so my headcanon of her will always be perpetually skewed. 

Trixie is a lot of fun - always liked her. She was written to be unlikable but it backfired on them I think - her charm breaks through even though she's supposed be a villain.

Trixie is far better now than when she first appeared, mainly because I felt that she was simply a cliche early on. Just some typical 'arrogant' character, even though besides that she didn't exactly do any harm. Now, she actually have traits, a personality. Having her be friends with Starlight has not only made me like Trixie more, but Starlight as well since they have a good connection with each other. They need to keep that going strong.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Trixie is far better now than when she first appeared, mainly because I felt that she was simply a cliche early on. Just some typical 'arrogant' character, even though besides that she didn't exactly do any harm. Now, she actually have traits, a personality. Having her be friends with Starlight has not only made me like Trixie more, but Starlight as well since they have a good connection with each other. They need to keep that going strong.

I can agree. I mean, reformations is a mixed bag, but I do like the change in characteristic. Trixie was a egomaniac for much of the show, but season 6 did cause personality changes to her character. I'm eager to see what happens next.

• Brohoof 1

I absolutely love the Starlight/Trixie friendship! 

21 hours ago, Midnight Controller said:

21 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

On 13-8-2017 at 4:37 PM, Midnight Controller said:

I can agree. I mean, reformations is a mixed bag, but I do like the change in characteristic. Trixie was a egomaniac for much of the show, but season 6 did cause personality changes to her character. I'm eager to see what happens next.

Did Trixie have a change in her character? She still egoistic, but she has a soft spot, but it wasn't showed early on.

I almost always like a character bend tho.

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

Did Trixie have a change in her character? She still egoistic, but she has a soft spot, but it wasn't showed early on.

I really don't know, I kinda had to stop at season 3 because of the show causing hearing complications, so I'm just going off various clips Ive seen.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Hierok said:

I'm not so sure I'd call it a change in character as a change in priorities. Now she has someone to care about other than herself, and that's a big change to go through.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShootingStar159 said:

I'm not so sure I'd call it a change in character as a change in priorities. Now she has someone to care about other than herself, and that's a big change to go through.

Yes, but her personally didn't really change that much. Her priorities are very different indeed, because she always only cared for herself and now she has Starlight, and hopefully Maud, Discord and Thorax to care about.

On 13/8/2017 at 7:33 AM, derpy4ever said:

Every performer embellishes their story. Snips and Snails should have has the common sense to to go chasing after an Ursa, it's not Trixie's fault they didn't use common sense. 

It's not Trixies fault to put Ponyville in danger, that's for sure.

As a performer she took a risk using an embellished story that could be proven wrong under extreme circumstances, and if that exposure was enough to discredit her entire show then she was most likely relying too much on those kind of stories. That was her responsibility.

• Brohoof 1