Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

books Is Anyone Else Really Into Superheroes/Comic-Books?

Harratot33

Aside from cartoons like Gravity Falls and of course FIM, I'm really and I mean truly into Marvel - I'm not even just talking about the movies, I've read over 250 issues of Marvel Comics (mostly 70s and 80s). I have high-functioning autism and I think it classes as a SI (Special Interest).

Anyone else share this interest - I don't often see comics being talked about on here, there isn't even a category for it in this forum, and since loads of bronies tend to be geeks too ;) I just wondered...

• Brohoof 2

I used to be a HUGE fan of Spider-Man as a kid. I still love him, but I'm not really a "fan" anymore. Though I do understand the people who might be into the whole comic thing, it seems pretty exciting. It's just that I've missed out on way too much to get back on track:D

Didn't think they still exist xp jk But yeh I'm into several comics plus manga.  Although I'm used to picking up any comics and manga easily but now I grew more picky what I read.

• Brohoof 2

I am a Fan of Dc Comics,Marvel and Dark Horse Comics, but mostly of its Media Adaptations, like Series, Movies and Games.

I do have a few Comics though, i have the official Comic to the Television Series " The Human Target " and i also have the Graphic Novel based on the second Human Target Series.

I also have 3 " Spidey Super Storys " comic Books, the first 3 actually. But apart from another Book about the old cancelled Television Series Superboy and Superpup, thats all i have from Paper Work.

• Brohoof 2

I'm currently reading Walter Simonson's run on Thor. I highly recommend it. It's probably the best Thor stories I've ever read, and it's one of the best comic book series of all time. Even people who aren't Thor fans enjoy this

And This is the series that introduced Beta Ray Bill

Edited by Phill
  • Brohoof 1

I'm big into superheroes mostly Superman, Batman, Captain Britain, Union jack, The Punisher, The Flash, Spawn, Spiderman and Hulk and Captain America. As for Comic Book, haven't read as much but read some every week, do go to Comic Store every week. And do buy them online & read them online on tablet every week.

Once upon a time, I was a humble collector of comics.  

I specialized in Marvel, but I occasionally delved into the works of DC and Image.  In fact, I still have a bunch of number one issues from Image, as I was collecting during the days it first began.

My main bread & butter, though, was the X-Men; I always found myself drawn to those merry mutant outcasts, time and again, and I loved seeing their exploits on paper.

However, I do NOT like being a sucker... so when they started glutting the market, I began weaning myself off of collecting - the last storyline I invested money in was the Age Of Apocalypse books; after THAT, I was fed up with having to buy so many issues just to follow a single damned storyline.

To this day, I still have a bit of knowledge on the comics subject... but I've been out of the loop for quite a while, and my experience with them has more or less faded into the 'past trivia' category.  Heck, I didn't really even follow the Civil War stuff; just didn't feel like shelling out so much cash for a single story - especially when I can read about it all over the 'Net.

(For the record, I still own my copy of Avengers Annual #10 - those of you who know what it means will understand.)

I got into the manga first in being a anime fan and such,  which tends to be normal.    It was more in my mid-teens I got into the comic and stuff like Sandman and then I found my fav ones:  Elfquest.   It's not a well known,  but it has a good fan base.   The story really stands out and the last vol is just coming out this month.    So check it out!

I like superheroes, but mostly in adaptations. It feels like I'm too far behind if I start reading comics now :huh: . I still know a bit more than the average non-comic reader thanks mostly to Avengers Alliance :dash: (I miss that game :( )

I guess sort of? In my childhood I was never all that interested in comic books (except for Bionicle comic books, of course, but that was just because I loved everything Bionicle), but I've recently gained more interest. I'm finding it a rather difficult sort of thing to enter, though; all the storylines are in the middle of something, and they're always crossing so you can't just isolate one and trace it back to the origin. Plus the resources like the wikis are so complete they're just overwhelming and of no help at all. I guess what I really need is a friend who knows everything whom I can ask whenever I come across something I don't understand. I wonder if I should start a new thread about this?

I bought a bunch of collected editions recently, and they're mostly good, but once in a while I come across something I don't have the context to understand, or, in a weirdly infuriating way, incomplete collected editions, which really threw me for a loop (I bought a collected edition called "The Joker: Death of the Family", and it was only after reading the whole thing - and being quite confused - that I figured out I was missing half the story, that I should have also been reading "Batman: Death of the Family").

Anyway, as for what I'm interested in, I mostly have read DC comics so far, because I watched Young Justice which made me want to read the Justice League comic books, which led me to be interested in the rest of the DC universe. I have read one Spider-Man comic book as well, and I liked it, but I'm worried that if I really got into both universes, that would be too overwhelming (not to mention expensive!) and I wouldn't be able to remember it all.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Scavenger Crow said:

DC fan, don't like Marvel, I also love manga above all all the Nihei Tsutomu works like Blame! and Biomega

I like both but I favored more on DC, I always thought DC goes more toward  in depth of dark,psychological, humanity lesson than marvel.

• Brohoof 1