Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

friendship games Why is shadowcolt so obsessed with winning

Hgahb

It was all about Crystal Prep's reputation where they always won no matter what. Principal Cinch had no intention of seeing this belief end any time soon and wanted her students to win or else be looked down upon by their peers.

• Brohoof 3

LOL

I went to a prep school and omfg Sports is the biggest thing - especially girls hockey and all the boys' main sports. 

Prep schools are bloody competitive. We really are on the levels of seeing rival schools as bitchy glory hounds like in EQG. One of our big rivals was a very sports obsessed school and very difficult to beat - so having a match against them does very much feel like the tensions seen in the Friendship Games. 

Not sure if its the school driven to be the best or if its actually the pupils who really fight for it. It was really hard to tell and I think this mind set is what we see in Equestria Girls. The reason Twilight got glowered on a lot is because she is not sporty. In our school, you were kinda  a nobody if you were not into sports at all. 

I guess that Canterlot High is just a very chilled out school - I've no idea what a non prep school over here is like, I never went to one and we only had sports matches against other private schools. I also have no idea if its just different in the States anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 11:06 AM, Hierok said:

Because Cinch put pressure on them and she made them believe that their reputation was the most important thing in the world. :grin:

And to probably blackmail some of them.

There's 2 things that a principal should possibly not do:1, Don't be concerned of what other schools are doing; and 2, they have to run the school, not worry about your reputation

• Brohoof 3