Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

We now seen the Mane6's family, but we aren't over

Steve Piranha

Well, now all the fandom met all of the Mane6's parents, but we aren't done yet. Sure, they are the central characters, but they aren't the only main characters in the show, so that still leaves Starlight, Spike (which I doubt it'll be touched upon), Scootie and Sunny whose family are still unseen so far :huh: 

• Brohoof 1

I'm most interested in Scootaloo's family, mainly due to a certain can of worms the writers opened up in Parental Glideance

• Brohoof 3

• I think Sunsets mother is actually Celestia. That would be a fun and shocking reveal.
  • Scootaloo's parents must definitly be seen.
  • Starlights parents aren't necesary I think, but I love to see them.
  • Spike's parents are not going to be revealed I think, and I'm fine with that.
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

I'm most interested in Scootaloo's family, mainly due to a certain can of worms the writers opened up in Parental Glideance

Right now it could either be that she is an orphan or has parents who work demanding jobs and don't really spend a lot of time with her.

I am kinda hoping it is the later, because having Scootaloo be both crippled and an orphan seems a bit too much if you ask me.

Plus given how long we have gone without really addressing this in the show, I am really curious to see what her family life is like.

6 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Right now it could either be that she is an orphan or has parents who work demanding jobs and don't really spend a lot of time with her.

I am kinda hoping it is the later, because having Scootaloo be both crippled and an orphan seems a bit too much if you ask me.

Plus given how long we have gone without really addressing this in the show, I am really curious to see what her family life is like.

Faust And Jim Miller already said that she has parents but they are rarely around for her(apparently they're too busy with their jobs)

Everybody shut it with the Spike's family not being revealed and that crap! Why do you think it ain't happening! What were the odds of AJ's parents appearing huh?! Spike needs to know this stuff! Cathy herself actually hinted it at the last comic-con! If you think it ain't happening, give me your reasons why! Go ahead, do it! I'm all ears!

You forgot Celestia's and Luna's parents. Although I doubt that we'll ever see them.

As for the characters in question, I think Scootaloo's parents showing up is quite possible. And Spike... I hoped to see his real parents back in Dragon Quest, still hoping though.

• For Starlight's parents, I don't think there is a reason to see them. She is already a decent character and I don't think that showing her parents will help anywhere. 
  • For Scootaloo's parents, uhhh... I don't know if the show would touch on that subject, if she is an orphan, good luck explaining that to a child. If her parents don't have time for her, good luck too. If they do go this route, we would get an episode similar to The Perfect Pear (at least I think). 
  • For Spike's parents, I have nothing to say. It will never happen.

I would like though, if they showed Trixie's parents. I think it could make a decent episode.

2 hours ago, Hierok said:
  •  
  • Starlights parents aren't necesary I think, but I love to see them.

It would be interesting to at least see them, but I don't think it's necessary for her character either

2 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

Maybe Scootie is crippled, but it has been officially revealed that she's not an orphan, but Parental Glideance made it clear that she yearns for adult companionship 

2 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Everybody shut it with the Spike's family not being revealed and that crap! Why do you think it ain't happening! What were the odds of AJ's parents appearing huh?! Spike needs to know this stuff! Cathy herself actually hinted it at the last comic-con! If you think it ain't happening, give me your reasons why! Go ahead, do it! I'm all ears!

I don't have overly good reasons for them not to appear, but it'll be interesting to at least know where the egg came from

1 hour ago, Oleks said:

You forgot Celestia's and Luna's parents. Although I doubt that we'll ever see them.

As for the characters in question, I think Scootaloo's parents showing up is quite possible. And Spike... I hoped to see his real parents back in Dragon Quest, still hoping though.

They aren't main characters, but I'm also pretty intrigued on who their parents are too. In fact, they should already discuss about what happened to the alicorns that used to live in Canterlot :huh: . The closest we have officially seen of their family, is the mere presence of human Celly and Luna's father in Wondercolts Forever book, but no name, nor description was given 

maxresdefault.jpg

But of all, I'm more interested in Sunny's parents. There must be a good reason why she was such an awful mare/girl back then. The closest we got is that she didn't get along with them in one of the pony comics :huh: . My theory is that they are a rich family that all smiles outside, but inside are arguing, yelling, and dysfunctional in general. I think it would make an interesting EG plot for Sunny to meet the human counterparts of her parents, who mistake her for their missing/dead human child

• Brohoof 1

Starlight's would actually be really nice to see, because it could help flesh out her backstory and make it less garbage. I like Starlight for what she is at this point, but I still hate her lack of details.

Spike's could make for a very sad episode, because he never got to meet his parents. What if he did one day? Would he stay with them? Would they reject him outright? Lottsa sad material potential.

Sunset, I could not possibly care less about her story or parents.

And Scootaloo's, this one is a given that I really want to see them. According to her, they don't sound very good. They sound rather like the abandoning type. That's another parental episode that could have sad moments, if it ever happens.

• Brohoof 1

Scootaloo's parents are now overdue for an appearance, and would easily make for a great episode. That idea of her often being left alone because her parents are always so busy has a lot of potential. 

Seeing Starlight's family might help flesh out her backstory and help explain why she's so poorly equipped to deal with basic social situations. Something must have gone wrong there. 

I don't think we need to see Spike's much more, because I feel after "Dragon Quest" and "Gauntlet of Fire" he's become comfortable with his lack of connection to dragon society. There is potential for an episode where we learn his origins, though. 

Sunset makes me nervous because the Equestria Girls backstory is messy enough as is, and trying to flesh it out would be a very tall order which might only serve to make it more convoluted. Still, seeing her family would add a lot of detail and answer a lot of questions. Maybe she could meet the parents of her human counterpart and talk a bit about her own family. 

3 hours ago, SpiBaz said:

I would like though, if they showed Trixie's parents. I think it could make a decent episode.

Trixie isn't a main character, but I wouldn't say this has any more or less potential than meeting the mane six's families. 

3 hours ago, Oleks said:

Now that would require a really distant flashback, and would involve a good deal of lore. I can't imagine seeing this story directly in the series, though maybe we might see something through an in-universe play or storybook or something. 

Personally, I'm curious about Princess Cadance's family. If the show operates on the chapter books' suggestion that she's an orphan who was raised in an earth pony village, that supplies a pretty interesting backstory to get fleshed out, and might finally offer a chance to deepen Cadance as a character.