Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would we classify changelings?

ggg-2

Species that feed on plants are classified as herbivores. Species that feed on meat are classified as carnivores. Species that feed on both plants and meat are classified as omnivores. How would we classify changelings, which feed on love?

TV tropes refers to them as Emotion Eaters, so that would make them Emotivores.

10 minutes ago, strongwilled_pegasus said:

they feed off of something important while giving nothing back in return, so how about we classify them as parasites?

They're not parasites anymore! They're now sharing the love instead of just taking it!

• Brohoof 2

Well a bacteria was found that feeds on pure electrical energy in 2014 so i'd guess they would be classified in a similar group as feeding on love would likely be taking the chemical or electrical energy generated by that emotion. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

TV tropes refers to them as Emotion Eaters, so that would make them Emotivores.

They're not parasites anymore! They're now sharing the love instead of just taking it!

I always found the ability of obtaining food from emotions to be a pretty neat mechanic.

Havnt I also read they also like to feed on hate, as well or am I just being an idiot again. (No one take that last part seriously, I like to joke around and sometimes jokingly roast myself)

• Brohoof 1

Well, since we never see them feed on anything "normal". I will agree with @Jedishy on the bacteria which feed in electric energy. Well, I read the article (it actually is electrons, but whatever). Oh, if you want to red it: https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/186537-biologists-discover-electric-bacteria-that-eat-pure-electrons-rather-than-sugar-redefining-the-tenacity-of-life

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Missklang said:

I'd say energyvores as they feed on the energy from emotions. A bit like those monsters from Monster ink that collect that energy in canisters x3

I had a quick visual of Mega Man collecting E tanks. 

I want a Thorax Mega Man hack now! 

• Brohoof 3