Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did The Fandom Save The Show From Cancelling Early?

ChB

Well like all art meant for consumption, shows live and die on how much an audience enjoys the product and supports it. Maybe not "save" it, but the Brony community certainly contributed to the show's staying power when the likes of Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, etc. long should have supplanted it.

• Brohoof 1

@NathanW200

Hmm, this is certainly a lot to take in, but until there's any official confirmation, I will reserve my final judgment and assume these images are more than likely doctored for now.

I 'll have to keep looking further into this 'rabbit hole' as I don't have time to dig into this right now, so I'll reply later after I've done a bit more research on these rumors; which is all they are, just rumors.

P.S. I'd rather not use Moliminous as a source of information for a significant chunk of his videos are just click-bait that usually leads into pointless ramblings or theories with little to no substantial evidence to back it up; many just flat out made up. The guy doesn't even use sources to cite his claims, which is one of the reasons why I unsubbed from him a while ago.

Edited by Tazool
Format fix

I think G4 should end..not because of my personal convictions but because of how long the show has run and 10 seasons is pretty good for a TV show.  Reading episode recaps and seeing where they are now..what else could they possibly explore? CMC have their cutiemarks, pretty much alot of the major villains have been watered down or reformed.  Let the show go out with a bang and see what's next with 65.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Qrow Branwen said:

I think G4 should end..not because of my personal convictions but because of how long the show has run and 10 seasons is pretty good for a TV show.  Reading episode recaps and seeing where they are now..what else could they possibly explore? CMC have their cutiemarks, pretty much alot of the major villains have been watered down or reformed.  Let the show go out with a bang and see what's next with 65.

Technically, it stands that the'll reach up to it's ninth season :dash: . Still, god damn long considering...... it's My Little Pony..... and shows arguably more interesting and better like Gravity falls ended at less than half MLP's current run, maybe reaching a third when FiM ends 

Normally I think our fandom's impact is overstated somewhat, but in this case it's fair to say we've had a notable effect on the show's direction. It's hard to imagine an MLP series running this long and achieving this level of sophistication otherwise.

• Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, Frostgage said:

Normally I think our fandom's impact is overstated somewhat, but in this case it's fair to say we've had a notable effect on the show's direction. It's hard to imagine an MLP series running this long and achieving this level of sophistication otherwise.

Agreed on all counts. I do think the fans have overestimated their share of the purchasing power a tad, but when some say that the show would have continued until now without the adults, I always feel it's is an odd statement that almost has a tinge of general bitterness or disappointment in the fandom. 

Anyway, following the money and applying accounting and marketing fundamentals shows we had a impact in the bottom line significantly enough to entice the corporate c-levels to keep it going. 

As far as the quality of the content, part of that is the show staff wanting to add elements that appealed to them. However, their old statement that Bronies have had no influence on storytelling went out the window in Season 5. Since Slice of Life, it's obvious we factor in to their creative decisions. I used to feel the opposite, but not anymore. 

• Brohoof 3

I would say the Fandom saved the show from ending on season 3 knowing they started making some good profit around the time season 3 came out which is why season 3 only had 13 episodes because they were planning to end the show on season 3 but we saved it but now their planning on ending on season 9 because I heard rumors it is becoming less popular and revenue has gone down greatly and dropping still only the fans can try to save the show from ending at season 9 but this time I'm not expecting that to happen if the show is dropping with profit and becoming less and less popular we probably can't save the show this time the only reason Hasbro decided to continue FIM after season 3 is because profits were rising but now profits are dropping so it's giving Hasbro a good reason to end the show so saving the show again at season 9 is very unlikely especially since less fans are watching and supporting FIM now then they were in 2013-2015 that just makes Hasbro think fans want a change in the series and since Hasbro already has plans to do a complete reboot in 2020 there's no saving G4 again at season 9 it's pretty much too late to save G4 Hasbro already has plans to do a reboot I heard someone submitted a petition with 18,000 signatures and sent it to Hasbro and that didn't even change their minds so Hasbro's is pretty much going forward with G5  like it or not no matter what fans do there's no changing Hasbro's mind on this one It's pretty much not up to the fans anymore if I were to guess season 9 will probably have 13 episodes like season 3 if that's the season wrapping up G4 

I mean Hasbro isn't going to continue a show if it's losing profit and becoming less and less popular and loosing more and more fan base like G1 G2 G3 the reason these generations ended so soon is because they weren't making enough profit and they weren't popular enough to continue these generations 

But on the bright side at least we were able to save the show from ending on season 3 and we were able to make it last 6 seasons more we had a good run but after season 9 It will be time to kiss My Little Pony friendship is magic goodbye

Edited by NathanW200

• 2 years later...