Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which villain drove Equestria closest to the brink of destruction?

Peter16373

Which villain drove Equestria closest to the brink of destruction?  

51 users have voted

1. 1. Which villain drove Equestria closest to the brink of destruction?

• Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • Queen Chrysalis
    • Nightmare Rarity
    • King Sombra
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • Alternate Royal Sisters (Reflection Arc)
    • Lord Tirek
    • The Dazzlings
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Tantabus
    • Sci-Twi
    • Rabia
    • Evil Mane 6 (Ponies of Dark Water Arc)
    • Accord
    • Pony of Shadows
    • The Storm King

So which villain do you think was closest to destroying Equestria?

The villain that I think got closest to destroying Equestria is the Alternate Princess Celestia from the Reflections comic arc. In fact she almost destroyed 2 Equestria in the comics just by attacking Alternate Luna and accidently breaking the magic mirror prototype that Starswirl created in the process.

Edited by Peter16373

I think Discord did. Not only in season 2 he was only stopped because of his arrogance, but before he was turned to stone for the first time he also drove the whole country crazy for a couple years or centuries. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I think Midnight Sparkle. She pretty much tore a hole in space between the human world and Equestria. Although I think this affected the human world more than Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

Starlight Glimmer, for the same reason that has already been stated before. She actually did destroy Equestria, multiple times. If Twilight was not able to reform her, Equestria would've been gone by now.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Actually the villain that was furthest from destroying Equestria is Starlight Glimmer. I know almost everybody are going to say that Starlight nearly destroyed Equestria 7 times over and would have made an 8th permanent change if she ripped the time travel scroll. However I think Starlight did next to no damage to Equestria due to this reveal about the world of MLP in the Legends of Magic comic issue #1.

This reveal shows that when Starlight stopped the Sonic Rainboom she didn't change Equestria at all. It was the spell that sent Twilight into an alternate universe of Equestria of what if this happened that has always existed in this infinite multiverse. Not to mention it's been revealed in this same panel that there is a parallel universe traveling spell so even if Starlight rips the time travel spell they can either. 

1. Find another copy of the time travel spell in this parallel universe and go back in time to let the Sonic Rainboom happen.

2. Find the parallel universe traveling spell and return to their universe although it might take a while to find the correct universe.

3. See if Starlight memorized the scroll and is able to replicate it perfectly after reforming her but this is most likely impossible otherwise they would have already made another copy of it after it was sucked away.

EDIT: Just in case if somebody says this isn't canon. The Legends of Magic comics are confirmed to be canon.

Edited by Peter16373
  • Brohoof 5

3 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

Starlight Glimmer, for the same reason that has already been stated before. She actually did destroy Equestria, multiple times. If Twilight was not able to reform her, Equestria would've been gone by now.

What is like to think is this is why the elements of Harmony needed to act on the mane 6. Starlight was on the path of destroying the world when the cutie mark map stopped, and eventually saved her. What it yet mane 6 we're all unknowingly in this path when the elements chose them, and that the elements chose them in order to rewrite history to prevent the apocolypses they would cause. Instead it found a way to use them to save Equestria. 

1 minute ago, Peter16373 said:

Actually the villain that was furthest from destroying Equestria is Starlight Glimmer. I know almost everybody are going to say that Starlight nearly destroyed Equestria 7 times over and would have made an 8th permanent change if she ripped the time travel scroll. However I think Starlight did next to no damage to Equestria due to this reveal about the world of MLP in the Legends of Magic comic issue #1.

This reveal shows that when Starlight stopped the Sonic Rainboom she didn't change Equestria at all. It was the spell that sent Twilight into an alternate universe of Equestria of what if this happened that has always existed in this infinite multiverse. Not to mention it's been revealed in this same panel that there is a parallel universe traveling spell so even if Starlight rips the time travel spell they can either. 

1. Find another copy of the time travel spell in this parallel universe and go back in time to let the Sonic Rainboom happen.

2. Find the parallel universe traveling spell and return to their universe although it might take a while to find the correct universe.

3. See if Starlight memorized the scroll and is able to replicate it perfectly after reforming her but this is most likely impossible otherwise they would have already made another copy of it after it was sucked away.

This was pretty much why I didn't choose Starlight Glimmer. If it was before this revelation in the comic than I would have chosen Starlight Glimmer instead of Midnight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 1

I personally try to stick to the actual show, even when I read the comics I view it as separate from the show. 

Just now, Nohate said:

This was pretty much why I didn't choose Starlight Glimmer. If it was before this revelation in the comic than I would have chosen Starlight Glimmer instead of Midnight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, derpy4ever said:

I personally try to stick to the actual show, even when I read the comics I view it as separate from the show. 

This comic Legends of Magic is officially confirmed canon.

• Brohoof 1

33 minutes ago, derpy4ever said:

Starlight glimmer because in the time loop episode she actually did destroy Equestria several times. 

21 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Starlight Glimmer due to her screwing over the fabric of time and space, to the point where Equestria was destroyed multiple times.

Good points. :ooh: But it wasn't really Starlight. It were the scenerio's she created. The other villains were the ones who brought the chaos.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Good points. :ooh: But it wasn't really Starlight. It were the scenerio's she created. The other villains were the ones who brought the chaos.

It doesn't really matter anymore since it's pretty much confirmed by now that the timelines we saw in the Cutie Remark are just alternate universes of Equestria that have always existed in the MLP Infinite Multiverse. Starlight merely sent Twilight into them instead of creating new timelines.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Peter16373 said:

It doesn't really matter anymore since it's pretty much confirmed by now that the timelines we saw in the Cutie Remark are just alternate universes of Equestria that have always existed in the MLP Infinite Multiverse. Starlight merely sent Twilight into them instead of creating new timelines.

There are actually no new timelines, because all timelines already exist, and if there is a new one he would there for eternity. :twi:

Just now, derpy4ever said:

That just made the comic a thousand times more interesting. 

I know right! I was really surprised when they confirmed the comics as canon and he fact that he finale issue of Legends of Magic is DIRECTLY TIED INTO THE SEASON 7 FINALE!

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Hierok said:

There are actually no new timelines, because all timelines already exist, and if there is a new one he would there for eternity. :twi:

That's what I just said. Starlight didn't create any new timeline she merely sent Twilight to an already existing one.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Peter16373 said:

That's what I just said. Starlight didn't create any new timeline she merely sent Twilight to an already existing one.

I know, but by definition you can't have a new timeline, so she didn't just not create it, but it just impossible. But that actually doesn't matter here. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Hierok said:

I know, but by definition you can't have a new timeline, so she didn't just not create it, but it just impossible. But that actually doesn't matter here. :lol:

Yeah by definition it should be alternate universe and not timeline. However shows like Dragon Ball has 6 timelines with each timeline consisting of a total of 12 universe formerly 18.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Nohate said:

Yeah by definition it should be alternate universe and not timeline. However shows like Dragon Ball has 6 timelines with each timeline consisting of a total of 12 universe formerly 18.

Universe is not the same as timeline. Universe is all dimensions and timeline only had the dimension of time. 

Just now, Nohate said:

Me is confused. What is the difference between timeline and universe. Aren't these interchangeable words?