Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which villain drove Equestria closest to the brink of destruction?

Peter16373

Which villain drove Equestria closest to the brink of destruction?  

51 users have voted

1. 1. Which villain drove Equestria closest to the brink of destruction?

• Nightmare Moon
    • Discord
    • Queen Chrysalis
    • Nightmare Rarity
    • King Sombra
    • Sunset Shimmer
    • Alternate Royal Sisters (Reflection Arc)
    • Lord Tirek
    • The Dazzlings
    • Starlight Glimmer
    • Tantabus
    • Sci-Twi
    • Rabia
    • Evil Mane 6 (Ponies of Dark Water Arc)
    • Accord
    • Pony of Shadows
    • The Storm King

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Yeah. I think it is best comic of mlp I've seen. Princess Amore is only a little disappointment. She didn't have had enough comic time.

Actually she did have a moment to shine in a few flashbacks in MLP Annual 2017 Guardians of Harmony. Shining Armor went to try and find a way to stop the changelings and he recalled that Princess Amore used to single hoofedly protect the entire Crystal Empire from monsters and dangers all by herself with magic potions and other things that she created herself. Princess Amore just seems disappointing because the characters she have faced is literally a character that could take on the Royal Sisters at the same time.

Edited by Peter16373
  • Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Peter16373 said:

Actually she did have a moment to shine in a few flashbacks in MLP Annual 2017 Guardians of Harmony. Shining Armor went to try and find a way to stop the changelings and he recalled that Princess Amore used to single hoofedly protect the entire Crystal Empire from monsters and dangers all by herself with magic potions and other things that she created herself. Princess Amore just seems disappointing because the characters she have faced is literally a character that could take on the Royal Sisters at the same time.

Right, but the real disappointment for me was that we haven't had any dept into her character. It was like, everybody loved her, but she lied to Sombra, so she is bad. :)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Hierok said:

Right, but the real disappointment for me was that we haven't had any dept into her character. It was like, everybody loved her, but she lied to Sombra, so she is bad. :)

Yeah that is one of the main reason why most people didn't like her. She didn't get enough character development and yet we've been shown that she lied to Sombra which is one of the factors that caused him to turn evil in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Peter16373 said:

Yeah that is one of the main reason why most people didn't like her. She didn't get enough character development and yet we've been shown that she lied to Sombra which is one of the factors that caused him to turn evil in the first place.

I wished that they would show why she was so loved by her subjects.

• Brohoof 1

I am going to say Tirek. While Starlight, with her overpowerdness, did screw up timelines that brought the destruction to Equestria multiple times, she was only a spark to the keg, whereas it was then other villains that took over. The one out of that seemed to do the most damage was Tirek, who we can assume took all magic in Equestria and proceeded to obliterate it, so he has my vote.

• Brohoof 4

5 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

While Starlight, with her overpowerdness, did screw up timelines that brought the destruction to Equestria multiple times, she was only a spark to the keg, whereas it was then other villains that took over

While it's true that it was the other villains who technically took over, it was only possible because of Starlight playing around with time travel. So while she may not have posed much of a threat on her own, she's still the one whose actions brought Equestrian the closest to the brink of destruction. 

(edited)
54 minutes ago, Yamet said:

While it's true that it was the other villains who technically took over, it was only possible because of Starlight playing around with time travel. So while she may not have posed much of a threat on her own, she's still the one whose actions brought Equestrian the closest to the brink of destruction. 

At this point I've pretty much have already given up. I'm not even gonna comment telling people the same thing over and over again with almost nobody listening.

Edited by Peter16373
  • Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, Peter16373 said:

Yeah but people hated his reformation saying it came out of nowhere. Even though there was literally a scene at the start of the final issue between Hope and Sombra discussing about destiny and how she gave up trying to become an alicorn to be with him. Which was what finally convinced him at the end of the issue to return the Crystal Heart. Also I ship them.

I don't mind his reformation, I just think it should have ended in a heroic sacrifice and him fading away for real instead; him turning into a normal pony is what came out of nowhere IMO.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

So many Starfoals mindlessly stroking their waifu's horn. It's like saying a lousy cultist is more powerful than Nyarlathotep just because she managed to summon it into her realm. It's a classic misunderstanding made by those not well-versed in evil ways, but what can one expect from woobie worshipers. As things stand, Lord Tirek is the only one who had the power and motivation to burn Equestria to the ground.

• Brohoof 2

Given that Discord is simply the embodiment of chaos, and that chaos is inherently neither good nor evil, I don't really see much argument in calling him a villain. Sombra, at least in the show, seemed only interested in the Crystal Empire and even then, only enslavement and total control, not destruction. Nightmare Moon only wanted eternal night...sure the lack of daytime might cause some havoc, but there's ways around that.  Chrysalis failed in her bid to take over Canterlot initially, and even in her second assault only aspired to rule Equestria, not necessarily destroy it. As mentioned over and over again, Starlight never caused any destruction either but only caused Twilight to witness alternate universes of Equestria had events taken a different turn at a crucial moment in time. Tirek, in my opinion, is the only major villain to have shown real interest in legitimate destruction and nearly destroyed the whole of Equestria after consuming its magic, so he gets my vote.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, Peter16373 said:

Well now that the finale is out in the US does anybody have any different opinions now?

Nope. It still is Discord for me, but the pony of shadows was really epic too see. If only we had a little bit more knowledge of his actions, he may battling with Tirek for option two.

I'm going with either Chrysalis or Lord Tirek myself, especially since their plans revolved around revenge for a past defeat and nearly won had it not been for a last minute save regarding either the upgraded Elements of Harmony, or Starlight using diplomacy to convince the Changeling Swarm to turn on their leader when they heard the truth.

And with Season 8 foreshadowing Chrysalis and Tirek returning for possibly another bout with getting revenge on the Mane Six, Royal Family, and Equestria, they do not deserve any kind of mercy like Starlight tried to show Chrysalis in the Season 6 finale. For all I care, they can either rot in Tartarus, or be wiped from existence so they won't threaten another pony, royal or otherwise, at all.

On 8/17/2017 at 11:30 PM, zenith32 said:

Sombra, at least in the show, seemed only interested in the Crystal Empire

Except it was made clear that the Empire was merely his preferred base of operations, not his ultimate goal (indeed, his Cutie Re-Mark timeline showed him going after the rest of Equestria after successfully reclaiming the Empire).

Technically Starlight Glimmer because of time travel hijinks, but I’m not going to count that because it’s still technically other villains doing the destroying. I’m going to do with Tirek, he seems to be the only one actually destroying stuff. 

I'd have to say Lord Tirek was the greatest threat Equestria has ever known. Had the Mane Six not acquired the Rainbow Power from the Chest of Harmony, he would have continued rampaging across Equestria, destroying everything in his path until there was nothing left. He then would have either rebuilt the land in his own image or allow it to fall into decay so long as he retained his immense power.

Well, after seeing Shadow Play, it was not the Pony of Shadows in present time

But, 1000+ years ago, he was the villain to get closest to destroying all the light and hope of not just that world, but likely the Universe.

• 4 years later...

I mean technically most of the villains would qualify in some form or fashion. Discord, Sombra, Chrysalis, Pony of Shadows, Tirek, Starlight Glimmer, and Cozy all in some way either came really close to bringing total destruction or showed potential in doing so.

Honestly, the only ones I can see not qualifying would be Nightmare Moon (who valued stability through fear) and the Storm King (because his planning was based on the short-term).

That's a huge tie between Tirek and Starlight. Tirek almost sapped away all the energy...but Starlight...man...she has to take the cake here. She almost re-altered the timeline, which would've wiped out basically everyone. 

• Brohoof 1

It’s Discord, he’s probably tried to destroy the world more times when he was “good” than when he was evil