Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last time you regularly used Internet Explorer?

FirePuppy

23 hours ago, Malloy said:

If I can roughly remember; 2004/2005. I found out that Firefox was a thing through forums. Moved on from FF to Chrome in 2010.

22 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

I pretty much use it regularly at work; pretty much the only one allowed there outside of the occasional Google Chrome allowance.

How do you feel about Chrome? Personally, I'm paranoid about privacy, and knowing about the type of stuff Google collects on you, I'm not too fond of Chrome because of that.

Just now, Mohawk Blaze said:

How do you feel about Chrome? Personally, I'm paranoid about privacy, and knowing about the type of stuff Google collects on you, I'm not too fond of Chrome because of that.

I never really cared for Chrome. The design never appealed to me and it tended to be more of a resource hog for me when I used it vs. other browers. Besides, I tend to use two browsers at home: Safari for regular internet browsing and Opera for video playback on places like Netflix and Amazon Prime.

5 minutes ago, Mohawk Blaze said:

Ah, from what I recall, Google only does it for internal stuff. So if you search something, it'll probably come up on YouTube, etc and not outside the service. Only if you have an account though. I'm certain they don't do much stuff with you if you're a guest.

I wouldn't worry too much, they're more protective with your privacy than other services like Facebook. ;)

If it's just about the "classic" IE, then sometime in 06 or 07

If it includes Edge, then.. using it rigt now. It's pretty awesome to have tabs synced between all my windows devices (and that's all of them). Also, it just looks awesome. 

I used it until 7 came out. Being someone with a strong dislike of change, I really didn't like the new tabbed style it went for, so I switched to Firefox because it had the ability to turn off the tabs, and I've never gone back, even when I started using tabs myself. Now, I only use it as an afterthought, to see if the stuff I make at work also runs on IE.

I still use Internet Explorer in the interest of saving space on my computer and because my laptop is old and isn't going to last very long.  I'll probably need to switch to something else later on, but I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

• 8 months later...

Man, I remember using IE for most my middle school projects way back in 2008. I didnt want to switch cause EVERYONE was doing it and I had faith in Internet Explorer. But then it got slower and slower, and more and more websites were becoming incompatible so I switched to Firefox.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
9 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Hmm...from what I can recall, never. :-D

Always! What is everyone's beef with it? Everyone I ask to give me a reason they hate it can't. It's now called Microsoft Edge but I still love it. 

Just now, Cyclone said:

Always! What is everyone's beef with it? Everyone I ask to give me a reason they hate it can't. It's now called Microsoft Edge but I still love it. 

I have never been more confused. 

Probably not since middle school. I switched to Firefox when I got my own computer, then I switched to Edge a few months ago. It's actually pretty decent, and the set aside tabs function is really useful.