Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Starlight going to be an alicorn?

Skyethepony

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

rainbow-dash

How did you find MLP Forums?

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

I was a fan of the G3 toys when I 5 and played with them. I wasnt a big fan I just played with the toys, I thought that mlp was too girly for me. When I was in 2nd grade my friends were watching the show and I wanted to talk to them about the show so I watched it. That is how I became of fan of MLp FIM.

Ok now I watched a video from brony notion that was recently uploaded. I wanted to know if it was true if starlight will transform into an alicorn or not. Any of you know??                                                                                                              

Edited by Skyethepony

I doubt it, that was Twilight's thing. Despite what people say, Starlight is NOT just a Twilight clone, and causing her to have the same destiny would ruin the whole point of her character. 

11 minutes ago, AJFan89 said:

She doesn't get a lot of screen time so I highly doubt she'll become an alicorn.

And if she does, it will be in the last couple of episodes. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

Moving as this is more a show discussion-type topic. :)

It's unlikely that Starlight will be alicorinated any time soon. The whole reason Starlight was added to the regular cast was to fill the story-niche that Twilight left empty when she was alicorinated. Unless it's a dictate from Hasbro, the writers would be rather silly to put themselves in that corner again.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

I hope not, she hasn't really earned it.

Not that she would want it - she isn't even ready to be an independent unicorn yet, but nor is Twi ready to let go just yet either so that works out just fine.

Plus this feeds into the whole "Did Twi earn her wings?" thing that is best avoided....

At current point I really hope that she never does. She hasn't done anything to deserve it in my opinion and making her an alicorn at this point would feel really fake, shoehorned in, and would seriously cheapen all the work that Twilight had to go through in order to become one. Maybe in the future I'll change my mind but as of right now I really hope she doesn't.

I doubt it.  If that happened, it would defeat her purpose for being there (which is to have the same number of Unicorns, Pegasi and Earth Ponies in the group).

I could understand WHY they might want to do it, but dynamically it would feel weird.  Pretty much, they would have to introduce ANOTHER Unicorn to even out the team again if they did that.  If they did that, we'd be up to eight main characters.  Literally we would be getting to the point where it would become hard to develop each character in a single season.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 2

I believe that if Starlight Glimmer does not become an Alicorn

then, her reformation & becoming Twilight's Sparkle's student would be completely pointless.

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Celli said:

We already have 5, we don't need more.

Its alicorns all the way down mate.

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

then, her reformation & becoming Twilight's Sparkle's student would be completely pointless.

>reforming people is only valid if you plan on making them an immortal

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Unlikeable Pony said:

>reforming people is only valid if you plan on making them an immortal

What other option would their be for Starlight Glimmer, in your opinion? 

2 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I think the Mane6 should become alicorns before Starlight :huh: . 

Why? :confused:

I also has to do with strong magic and the mane 6 just ain't got it.