Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Starlight going to be an alicorn?

Skyethepony

3 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Why? :confused:

I also has to do with strong magic and the mane 6 just ain't got it.

They are all connected to the EOH however; that's a far more valid reason for a person becoming an alicorn than just "has strong magic" (and has more precedent in the show, since the only other 2 beings to use the EOH that we know of were alicorns, and twilight becoming an alicorn had her get nuked by the EOH).

Now, that being said, I'm pretty sure the chances for ANY of the other 5 becoming alicorns is sitting at roughly a .000000001% right now, but their connection to the EOH is a hell of a lot better a reason than just how hard can a pony shoot lasers or whatnot out their horns.

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

What other option would their be for Starlight Glimmer, in your opinion? 

Starlight having a poor reason to exist in the show doesn't mean she should be made an alicorn :P
As for what Starlight specifically could do with her life, she could simply become the mayor of her town again, or simply become a magical teacher herself (celestia's university is run by normal unicorns after all). As to WHY she was taught by twilight, it acts as a springboard for showing twilight advancing to become a teacher much like celestia herself, and getting into the groove of passing down her lessons to others (much like how celestia has a university for passing down her wisdom)

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Unlikeable Pony said:

They are all connected to the EOH however; that's a far more valid reason for a person becoming an alicorn than just "has strong magic" (and has more precedent in the show, since the only other 2 beings to use the EOH that we know of were alicorns, and twilight becoming an alicorn had her get nuked by the EOH).

Now, that being said, I'm pretty sure the chances for ANY of the other 5 becoming alicorns is sitting at roughly a .000000001% right now, but their connection to the EOH is a hell of a lot better a reason than just how hard can a pony shoot lasers or whatnot out their horns.

Well, I think 5 princesses are enough for this series tho. Why would we have more if they would not have a purpose. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Hierok said:

Why would we have more if they would not have a purpose.

>image

5995358cce7c8_1424492__safe_edit_editedscreencap_screencap_pinkiepie_rocksolidfriendship_spoiler-colon-s07e04_animated_buyourtoys_discoveryfamilylogo_gif_ima.gif.d57358ee174c22cc72215e4cb4c9e965.gif

I think we both know that hasbro will keep adding alicorns so long as they think they can keep getting more toys out of it :P

that being said, I think that if they were to add more alicorns in the future it'd be a "hidden" or "lost" alicorn from the past that returns rather than a pre-existing character ascending (a totally new character as an alicorn will probably sell more toys than an old one turning into an alicorn after all)-- probably something like that original plot script for the movie which looked to have alot of alicorns from the past as the central premise.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

>image

5995358cce7c8_1424492__safe_edit_editedscreencap_screencap_pinkiepie_rocksolidfriendship_spoiler-colon-s07e04_animated_buyourtoys_discoveryfamilylogo_gif_ima.gif.d57358ee174c22cc72215e4cb4c9e965.gif

I think we both know that hasbro will keep adding alicorns so long as they think they can keep getting more toys out of it :P

that being said, I think that if they were to add more alicorns in the future it'd be a "hidden" or "lost" alicorn from the past that returns rather than a pre-existing character ascending (a totally new character as an alicorn will probably sell more toys than an old one turning into an alicorn after all)-- probably something like that original plot script for the movie which looked to have alot of alicorns from the past as the central premise.

I have been reading the comic timey whimey lately, and there is an ancient alicorn that controls time. So maybe time and space alicorns can show up eventually. :dash:

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty sure one of the reasons why Starlight was introduced in the first place was to balance out the Unicorn, Pegasus, Earth Pony ratio that was upset when Twilight became an Alicorn, so no, I don't think Starlight will become one.  Even Sunset is still a Unicorn in spite of being much further along in her friendship studies than Starlight.  Also, another reason why she was introduced was so Twilight could have another arc after pretty much ascending to godhood.  Now she can play Celestia while Starlight can play a version of Twilight, if Twilight were a former sociopath.  Plus, having another character become an Alicorn would come across as too old hat at this point, not that fans were particularly thrilled when it happened to Twilight.  

Ok, we all know the real reason what Starlight exists is because Sunset developed a big enough cult following that the show needed a character somewhat like her, but the other stuff I mentioned still applies as ulterior motives.  Long story short, no, Starlight will probably never become an Alicorn and I don't think she should.  

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

Not really. Cadence was a Pegasus before becoming an Alicorn, so she wouldn't have had any magic originally.

I really hope we get to see how Cadence became an Alicorn at some point!

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Derpy Fan said:

Not really. Cadence was a Pegasus before becoming an Alicorn, so she wouldn't have had any magic originally.

I really hope we get to see how Cadence became an Alicorn at some point!

Well, that is not entirely true. Since magic stole the pegasi magic they have to have magic too. 

40 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Well, that is not entirely true. Since magic stole the pegasi magic they have to have magic too. 

Good point, but if I remember correctly, Tirek stole Unicorn magic, Earth pony strength and Pegasus flight. I haven't seen the episode in ages, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Celestia said something like, 'Tirek has grown strong enough to steal flight as well as magic'. I don't think it was said that the Pegasus ponies had magic.

My theory is that Tirek had the magic to steal magic anyway. The magic he stole boosted his own magic, which made him strong enough to take flight and strength as well. 

The flight and strength gave him, well, flight and strength; he is shown flying and lifting up part of a mountain in the Twilight vs Yirek battle.

I haven't seen the episode for a while though, so please correct me if I'm wrong!

18 minutes ago, Derpy Fan said:

Good point, but if I remember correctly, Tirek stole Unicorn magic, Earth pony strength and Pegasus flight. I haven't seen the episode in ages, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Celestia said something like, 'Tirek has grown strong enough to steal flight as well as magic'. I don't think it was said that the Pegasus ponies had magic.

My theory is that Tirek had the magic to steal magic anyway. The magic he stole boosted his own magic, which made him strong enough to take flight and strength as well. 

The flight and strength gave him, well, flight and strength; he is shown flying and lifting up part of a mountain in the Twilight vs Yirek battle.

I haven't seen the episode for a while though, so please correct me if I'm wrong!

No you are correct there, but flight and strength were part of a magic source. The difference between those kind of magics and normal magic is that unicorn can use magic to do all kinds of things, while Pegasi and Earth ponies can't use it actually. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Hierok said:

No you are correct there, but flight and strength were part of a magic source. The difference between those kind of magics and normal magic is that unicorn can use magic to do all kinds of things, while Pegasi and Earth ponies can't use it actually. :twi:

Ok, I'm going with that!

• Brohoof 1

Without official word, I would also seriously doubt it. Part of the purpose of making Twilight an alicorn would be to highlight her specialness and status as the show's main character. If Starlight were to become an alicorn, she would be competing with Twilight for Most Important Character. I doubt DHX would do this.

From a more in-universe perspective, becoming an alicorn is more than being strong in magic, or being good. It's about being a leader. While Starlight showed leadership in "To Where and Back Again", she doesn't come across as being princess material. Particularly since it appears she has settled in as part of Twilight's group, which would rule her out as a true leader.

Edited by zaighster
Left out title of season six finale.

7 hours ago, Hierok said:

They are part of the magic of friendship. Twi may be the core of it, but it doesn't work without it's components. Plus they have been through character development too, so I think they may be worthy of a set of horn and wings 

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

They are part of the magic of friendship. Twi may be the core of it, but it doesn't work without it's components. Plus they have been through character development too, so I think they may be worthy of a set of horn and wings 

True, but like I stated before. They must really be needed to be alicorns. Not only deserved to be. :grin:

Just now, Hierok said:

True, but like I stated before. They must really be needed to be alicorns. Not only deserved to be. :grin:

When the long waited alicorn lore comes perhaps :dash: ? Apart of bats, I really want my winged unicorn horses :dry: 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Sorry but I can't see any of them deserving to be. That includes Starlight, Sunset, the rest of the Mane 6 any of them. And this isn't me being an alicorn hater, it's more that none of them have developed enough in all fields to earn it.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, KH7672 said:

Sorry but I can't see any of them deserving to be. That includes Starlight, Sunset, the rest of the Mane 6 any of them. And this isn't me being an alicorn hater, it's more that none of them have developed enough in all fields to earn it.

That's what I said.:)

Absolutely not. Starlight already is causing enough controversy, her becoming an alicorn makes it even worse (and midnight loses what's left of his mental sanity)

1 minute ago, KH7672 said:

Sorry I quoted the wrong person. It was meant for the one above you.:adorkable: I'm glad you share the same opinion.

Don't mind it. I like this kind of faults. :twi:

I friggin hope not, even if it seems like they could go that route. Her development has been sporadic at best I feel and with Flurry Heart being an alicorn as well, Starlight ascending would be overkill to the highest degree. I just don't see the point.

I'm pretty sure they are not going with that route for her.

What would Starlight be the princess of anyway? The princess of...friendship? We already have Twilight for that. Making Starlight a princess would be pointless and redundant.