Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your last/fav memorable quotes?

Nara

I wanna know what's the last memorable quote/line you came across or just your favorite ones in general out there! It can come from a book, song, movie, show, celebrity or even someone you know personally!

I'll go first. The last one that made me stop and think for a bit is a line that comes from a song "For You" by Barenaked Ladies:

"If I hide myself wherever I go
Am I ever really there?"

• Brohoof 1

The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life. ~ John F. Kennedy 

I really love this quote because it speaks to how far we have come as a species and reminds us of the tremendous responsibility that we are in control of our own destiny. We can either work together to build a better life for future generations or we can wipe ourselves out. The choice is up to us.

Edited by DayShadow

Fluttershy: It's okay. I got this, girls. [inhales] Listen up! I am more assertive! And yes, it took me a while to get there. But can you honestly say that you could learn something one time and completely change who you are? [beat] I didn't think so.

Something from one of my favourite movies:

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are just too bright...and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice; but still, the place you live is that much more drab and empty that they're gone."

• Brohoof 1

I know that I know nothing.

- Socrates

Character is destiny.

- Heraclitus

Carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary.

- John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Edited by Guest

On 16.08.2017 at 2:52 PM, Flutterstep said:

Something from one of my favourite movies:

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged, that's all. Their feathers are just too bright...and when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice; but still, the place you live is that much more drab and empty that they're gone."

I really like those kinds of quotes that aren't one sided and show the complexity of emotions!

• Brohoof 1