Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cartoon Brew compares MLP Movie to the Emoji Movie

Merion

3 minutes ago, nr2038 said:

I feel that this was one of the movies made so that parents can have something to quiet their kids for a short time. So they did not have to focus on the quality. Though I have to admit after seeing the first trailer for that movie I laughed a couple of time and was curious. But after hearing the word of mouth, i want to avoid that like a hand grenade dipped in the plague

At least that'll be another advantage ponies will have, a relative lack of competition in the animated movie department 

599877c11944c_RockCanvas-Kopija.png.025124943bdaf78aa87e3e0713ec629c.png

I do believe they misrepresented the struggle H-Bro shall face now that they have set course down the action adventure path with such arrogance. They have gone to considerable lengths to alienate our part of the audience. Do they honestly expect increased interest just because of one safe little movie? As slice-o-lifers always like to mention: there are far better IPs out there that cater to the masses. Little do they know they are spitting on their own plates as the world does not care of their self-aggrandizing interest in friendship lessons. We just want bread and games, and we're not gonna pay for their amusement. Last time I checked, toys don't sell cause of sob stories about dead parents.

13 hours ago, nr2038 said:

Here`s is what I said before and I will say it again, people who say that the MLP movie will flop just need to look at the 63 million dollars that the literal crap-fest Emoji movie brought in. I would be surprised if the MLP movie does not bring in at least that much during its run in the theaters,

I haven't listed to no mane critics ever since I read that a reviewer though the Lion King was Fascist, Racist, and a treat to Democracy back when that first came out. 

Emoji was being massively backed by Sony; it was seriously pushed by some of the higher execs and advertised hard. I don't think Lion's gate has as much of a personal investment in MLP succeeding as Sony had in Emoji (plus, Lion's gate isn't as big of a juggernaut as sony was for marketing)

18 hours ago, Goat-kun said:

599877c11944c_RockCanvas-Kopija.png.025124943bdaf78aa87e3e0713ec629c.png

I do believe they misrepresented the struggle H-Bro shall face now that they have set course down the action adventure path with such arrogance. They have gone to considerable lengths to alienate our part of the audience. Do they honestly expect increased interest just because of one safe little movie? As slice-o-lifers always like to mention: there are far better IPs out there that cater to the masses. Little do they know they are spitting on their own plates as the world does not care of their self-aggrandizing interest in friendship lessons. We just want bread and games, and we're not gonna pay for their amusement. Last time I checked, toys don't sell cause of sob stories about dead parents.

Huh?

1 hour ago, ihhh said:

Huh?

Huh, indeed. We live in a time when stuff MLP Movie offers are very easy to come by in greater quantity and quality. The rules have also changed. Show and movie IPs are not only competing with each other but with video games as well. In fact, quite some video games have better characters and stories than shows and movies on top of being interactive time sinks. And I ain't talking just about adult fans. I'm talking target audience. Are pastel equines enough to make the whole thing worth their while? Is it different and alluring enough for them to want toys? After all, we've all had years to get used to them so novelty won't be a big factor. It's harder for this movie since it not only needs to sell itself but also its merchandise on the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the Movie. I'm just a bit cautions. Hope H-Bro is not looking at this through a decade-old lens.

1 minute ago, Goat-kun said:

Huh, indeed. We live in a time when stuff MLP Movie offers are very easy to come by in greater quantity and quality. The rules have also changed. Show and movie IPs are not only competing with each other but with video games as well. In fact, quite some video games have better characters and stories than shows and movies on top of being interactive time sinks. And I ain't talking just about adult fans. I'm talking target audience. Are pastel equines enough to make the whole thing worth their while? Is it different and alluring enough for them to want toys? After all, we've all had years to get used to them so novelty won't be a big factor. It's harder for this movie since it not only needs to sell itself but also its merchandise on the long run.

Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to the Movie. I'm just a bit cautions. Hope H-Bro is not looking at this through a decade-old lens.

Please don't get all philosophical on me. Stay focused.

Edited by ihhh

On 8/18/2017 at 5:46 PM, Sly said:

7 years later, and this guy is still at it I see.... someone shows this weirdo Lesson Zero, or Twilight's Kingdom, or Amending Fences, or The Perfect Pear please...

Not only that, but show Amidi Toy Story & Wreck-It Ralph. They prove he doesn't understand how a narrative can be culled from something without an existing cohesive mythology. I've said it before, in the hands of a capable writer any concept can be be turned into a good story. 

The idiot has never changed his spots. Shame, because he knows his way around the language. 

• Brohoof 3