Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most memorable songs from video games.

OmbreInks

I've recently completed a game and the music is just... breathtaking! Certain moments were accompanied by the most memorable of songs, and certain songs were paired up with just the right moment. People think gaming is useless, a waste of time, but those statements aren't true, you don't waste your life playing video games, you play them so you can live many. Sometimes you just have to listen. 

For me it's always the dramatic boss BGM, or lamentous music in a sad scene.

I think Dark Souls has had the most profound effect on me getting more interested in video games again and a lot of that has to do with the very dramatic soundtrack accompanying the somber atmosphere. Gundyr's music is probably one of my favorite tunes from the series, (and one of my favorite bosses, too!)

Edited by Guest

Woah! When I just read the title, "Midna's Lament" from Twilight Princess popped up in my head. Then I opened the thread and saw your own answer. :icwudt: However, many songs in many games have an impact on me. Sometimes, just like Twilight Princess, I hear the music before I know of the game, and that motivates me to play it. Is that weird? :blush:

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, StrawCherry said:

Woah! When I just read the title, "Midna's Lament" from Twilight Princess popped up in my head. Then I opened the thread and saw your own answer. :icwudt: However, many songs in many games have an impact on me. Sometimes, just like Twilight Princess, I hear the music before I know of the game, and that motivates me to play it. Is that weird? :blush:

No - not at all. The music says a lot about a game's attention to detail.

The greatest Epic Fantasy ever made.

• Brohoof 1

Really I could just post the entire soundtrack to the Monster Hunter games, but Ukanlos' theme has a pretty heavy sense of urgency and danger to it. I love it. ^ ^

The orchestral magnificence from the Medal of Honor games will always remain with me.

Since listing off memorable tracks would be insanely hard and require at least three whole pages probably... Lately, I've been listening to this a lot:

I don't know what it is about this piece makes it so memorable to me. Guess it was the amount of time I spent roaming around the fifth stratum trying to map and grind, and how often I heard it? It really does sound as good as I remember. It almost sounds like it came from a Sonic game with the level of intensity it has.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, StrawCherry said:

No! I've listened to the music of many games before I've played them , Midna's Lament was so touching, I just wanted to rush to hyrule castle as fast as my little paws would let me! 

2 hours ago, Celli said:

Memorable music can be simply ambient and mysterious.

Nintendo, for me makes the most astounding scene-fitting music, I agree this was a beautiful piece.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, OmbreInks said:

Nintendo, for me makes the most astounding scene-fitting music, I agree this was a beautiful piece.

The remake in Prime 2 is just as good, too.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Celli said:

The remake in Prime 2 is just as good, too.

I'll be posting rather a lot of zelda songs but these, for me, are glorious. 

@StrawCherry I just had to post this emotional piece, i can't believe I forgot it! 

3 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I always found the ending theme to Drawn to Life the Next Chapter very memorable, especially given the twist ending it is associated with.

@cmarston1 Whoa, I haven't even played it, yet, it rings a bell... it's the sort of song that, at the end of a game, could almost move you to tears.

Edited by OmbreInks
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I always found the ending theme to Drawn to Life the Next Chapter very memorable, especially given the twist ending it is associated with.

Drawn to life! One of my childhood games. :D I recently started playing the first game again, since I realized I never finished it. I have finished the second game and I loved it so much! Though I downloaded it when I did and now I really want the game again so I have to find it in the stores, but... :(  I looked up "Real Life" a bit ago and I could still remember all the lyrics. The nostalgia is real.

I doubt anyone knows this song or the game, but the ending theme of Yume Nikki makes me emotional. It are just a few notes and there's nothing special about it. It might not even be considered good if you don't know the story, but it gets a whole new value when you do know the story. I also read a comment about it a bit ago and it made me feel even more impacted by it because it just changed the sound as a whole. It's not a Nintendo game or anything like that, but I figured that if someone posted Stardew Valley, I might as well. :P There are a lot of original games that are often made by just one person, and their music is amazing.

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

I've played too many games to list all of the super memorable songs here. Most of my favorites tend to be boss themes but every once in awhile a level theme or character theme stands out pretty well. Guess I could share a few from some games that most of my friends aren't super familiar with.

From Hexen: Beyond Heretic, the theme for the first secret level.

From Emergency: Fighters for Life, the song that plays for Missions 23 and 30 (Fire in bio-weapons Factory, Forest Fire)

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Niko said:

Live and Learn from SA2B ofc.

That's an awesome song. My choice, however, is another one from the same game:

The songs from the games I played as a kid seem to be the ones I remember best.

• Brohoof 4

Megaman X1 and Final Fantasy VIII have my all time favorite soundtracks, but for the sake of shaking things up, I'm gonna put RULES OF NATURE!(Has to be spelled in all caps)

• Brohoof 3