Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Most memorable songs from video games.

OmbreInks

7 hours ago, Tacodidra said:

That's an awesome song. My choice, however, is another one from the same game:

The songs from the games I played as a kid seem to be the ones I remember best.

God bless, most of the songs from this game are my favorite, I just picked the one I loved the most. City Escape is a classic since it's one of the adventure beginners :^)

(edited)
8 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

It's been years since I've played SMG but I'll always remember this one:

I remember this! Great choice. :wub:

8 hours ago, Ginger Ale said:

Ahh nostalgia! I loved this song. I am emotional right now ;_;!

Played this the other day, squee! These sort of songs I can 'sing' along to, I know them so well I can recite every beat off by heart. It still gives me shudders of joy.

I can hum this off by heart, it gives me GROOSEbumps! (Get the reference, please)

Anyone remember this? I fought many battles with that Delphox of mine to this theme, gosh, thousands, and I still love it, one of the battle themes in Pokémon that don't get on my nerves.

A newer addition to my list yet still, very, memorable, the lego worlds theme, the game might seem a little kiddy but it's still great, similar to minecraft in some aspects. But more advanced, and a lot harder to control.

Edited by OmbreInks
  • Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Megaman X1 and Final Fantasy VIII have my all time favorite soundtracks, but for the sake of shaking things up, I'm gonna put RULES OF NATURE!(Has to be spelled in all caps)

But that song didn't play college ball, ya know. :orly:

The boss music in this game is a given, but I have this stuck in my head constantly even if I'm not thinking about Undertale.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, OmbreInks said:

Anyone remember this? I fought many battles with that Delphox of mine to this theme, gosh, thousands, and I still love it, one of the battle themes in Pokémon that don't get on my nerves.

There were so many great battle themes in Pokemon XY. I really liked the Legendary one :P

• Brohoof 1

DKC2 is an amazing game and it has a fantastic soundtrack to boot.

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1

On 31/08/2017 at 7:34 AM, Cheshers said:

Anything from Skyward Sword, really. These two are my favs, though. 

The silent realm... oh, the beautiful yet terrifying silent realm. That music still brings forth nostalgia. I remember scurrying through faron woods, the clock ticking, my heart beating as I clambered up the vines to the last tear. Gosh, and Lanayru. The time shift stones, the enemies, the adorable robots that make you want to squeal. Great choices my friend. 

Other Skyward sword songs like fi's farewell almost bring me to tears. I never really had a 'connection' with Fi until that point. I'd found her annoying at times, reminding me every time my hearts were low, telling me the most obvious of facts... but...her words, the music, it made the moment! The annoying calculator in a video game felt, well, 'human'. (Skip to 35 seconds.) 

You can't forget other zelda games though. My favourite from WW has to be Dragon Roost Island , plenty from Twilight Princess that I've already shared, and a boatload of goodies from aLbW. 

Dragon roost island was wonderful, from the begging your heart starts racing, your almost giggling in delight. It brings a sense of 'Adventure!' , Honestly! Listen to it and tell me it doesn't sound great! 

Gah! And I can't NOT put this here!

Edited by OmbreInks

Wow, they are so much memorable Songs in Video Games for me, like the various Variations of the Worms Theme, the orchestral Songs from Obscure, the Catchy Lyric Songs from Silent Hill, the Tomb Raider Soundtrack, the N2O Soundtrack by The Crystal Method, the Game Boy Theme of Bomb Jack, the Theme of Superman - The Man of Steel for the Sega Mega Drive, the weird Theme of Excalbur 2555 ad, the Theme of Nanotek Warrior, the Theme of 360 - Three Sixty...oh boy. I think im just going to post one of my favorite Video Game Music, from a Game that is largely unknown, so that my post will be somewhat unique, here we go :

Okay, since a lot here post multiple ones, im just gonna post these 3 as well :

One of the first video games I've ever played. Countless hours spent exploring an 8-bit Hyrule to this. The whole piece is only about 40 seconds but I feel like at this point of technological development, your tunes either gotta be catchy right away or be doomed to the mute button.

Normally, I'd take the SNES sound chip over the Genesis but this is one of those times where it just sounds that much better with that hard hitting percussion. Langrisser II, shame only the first and most recently a 2016 3DS title was ever officially released outside of Japan.

Edited by Azure Envy

This is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, but it's pretty much for nostalgia's sake. Great music.

I really enjoy the track to the Final Valley (Rainy) location from the Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm games. 

While I never had a chance to play Bloodborne for me its soundtrack is breathtaking. It can get dark, scary, aggressive or simply depressive and sad. Especially The First Hunter stands out - slow, calm and very sad song that really makes the fight something special to watch. The song itself says he doesn't want to fight and does it only, because You gave him no choice. I get goosebumps each time choir kicks in, it's so intense and amount of grief that can be heard is very rare in music overall. Anyway, here it is 

Spoiler

Another soundtrack that comes to my mind is the one from NieR: Automata. Very diverse one that can't be summed up with one song, but I'll at least show my favourite one, the theme from Amusement Park. Alone it is amazing, but when combined with going to that place it really is magical. Vocals are beautifully done, overall the composition while being pretty simple does the job more than great. 

Spoiler

And for a bit of nostalgia Heroes of Might and Magic III. Old game, but also had really great music in it. My favourite is Fortress theme with how dramatic it gets in 2nd half. 

Spoiler

• 3 weeks later...