Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite or most memorable game intro

Most videogames have an intro right before the main menu pops up (or after, depends on the game - it is basically there to give you a rough idea and a taste of what is in store) 

What is your favorite or most memorable?

Mine is the one from Call of Duty 1.

Edited by Guest

Mine would probably be Call of Duty 2... every time I played that game as a kid I watched the entire intro, hell even as an adult coming back to grab all the achievements I still watch the entire intro.

I'm sure there are more, but nothing comes to mind.

• Brohoof 1

Though I didn't like MW3 as a game (campaign was extremely easy and lacked plot substance. The plot was also extremely predictable to be honest..., multiplayer wasn't that fun at all with the same flawed formula made even worse, and Infinity Ward's version of Zombies was much worse than Zombies in my opinion), I think it had a really good intro:

It was a real shame the game itself could not live up to it.

• Brohoof 1

For me the most memorable one is the intro of Disciples 2. When I was a kid memorized every word of the narration, and the melody still haunts me sometimes.

I don't know what it's but the Demon Souls intro always gave me such spine chilling feelings, when games actually tried to be realistic in nature, it felt so good. Every time I'd start up Demon Souls and sometimes do something while it loaded and that intro played it always gave me a feeling of, am screwed and this is my own personal hell. It was like no matter how high I climbed, how many monsters I slain or how well I executed a location, it was always going to repeat, over and over and over and become even harder!  

1 hour ago, Lunar Echo said:

I don't know what it's but the Demon Souls intro always gave me such spine chilling feelings, when games actually tried to be realistic in nature, it felt so good. Every time I'd start up Demon Souls and sometimes do something while it loaded and that intro played it always gave me a feeling of, am screwed and this is my own personal hell. It was like no matter how high I climbed, how many monsters I slain or how well I executed a location, it was always going to repeat, over and over and over and become even harder!  

Well, thank to you now I must quote Dark Souls intro.

Btw, is the dragon in Dark souls intro like the demon dragon in Demon's Souls ?

6 minutes ago, Krashface said:

Well, thank to you now I must quote Dark Souls intro.

Btw, is the dragon in Dark souls intro like the demon dragon in Demon's Souls 

I don't think they're linked, but he's known as the Dragon God in Demon Souls, they probably took reference though.

One of my top favorites was for the original Driver on PS1:

Another PS1 favorite is the intro for Rockem Sockem Robots Arena, always liked that one:

Left 4 Dead also had a really good intro that set the tone well:

Also Tekken 3:

I also second @The Cerberus on the Killzone 3 Intro, I always liked that one too.

• Brohoof 2

Nice selection guys.

I have to throw in the intro to Dawn of War as well. So cool. 

I don't really look at intros much, but this popped into my mind first. So nostalgic:D

I have to throw in the Dark Crusade and Rogue Trooper intros as well. So epic.

Edited by Guest

One of the coolest I've seen is the Witcher 2 intro (warning: it gets a bit bloody)

The one that sticks with me the most is from Total War: Napoleon, though.

Honorable mentions for HAWKEN, Total War: Empire, Total War: Shogun 2 and (I don't know if this counts, since it doesn't play at game launch?) the epic promotional-trailer sort of things for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

• Brohoof 1