Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Ponies Sims - Looking for C# programmers!

aeast667

UPDATE: With school starting up for some of the developers working with me, we have ended up lacking programmers again, as well as 3D modelers and animators. If anyone is skilled in any of these, don't hesitate to email me at aeast667@gmail.com or drop by the project's public Discord server to say a few words regarding joining development of the game. I plan to have this first made for PC, Mac, and Linux; then later for mobile devices if everything goes well.

Hello everypony! I've posted about this project earlier in the year on My Little Game Dev's forums, but I'd still like to spread the word. For quite some time now, I along with a small team of developers have been working on a MLP-Sims hybrid game based on Yudhaikeledai's famous series. However, I still need to expand the team since development is quite slow at the moment. We are working closer to a functioning prototype which will be showcased on our website and YouTube channel once completed. Anyways, back to the point, I'm looking for a few more programmers who understand the C# languages and can work with Unity's engine, and understand the basic mechanics of the original Sims game (just from playing, at least.) The approach of the game is to basically allow players to create their own ponies and control their lives, as well as build their homes and places they visit. The game is meant to be a life simulator, in other words. I'd appreciate any help, and please email me at aeast667@gmail.com or join the public discord server here if you are interested in joining the team. You can visit the project website here: https://theponies.org

Facebook 1.png

Edited by aeast667
  • Brohoof 4

Could you elaborate a tad more on the project's features and proposals? I believe it would aid you quite a bit on gardening attention from other users that may be interested in participating. Plus, it would be positive for the topic's plenitude.

Basically the features of The Ponies are that you can create your own ponies, including a household up to eight playable characters (but you can have multiple households, think of them as different "save games"), and you are put in control of their lives. You get to choose the interactions for your ponies, which impact their lives. Much like the sims games, ponies will have a selection of careers to choose from for your ponies, and you can build their skills which improve their ability to do things in the world. You can have them make friends and enemies, get married and have children, etc. Another core feature is that you can build their homes, as well as the places they visit. These are just the main features, but there's planned to be many more "sub-features" in the game. :)

• Brohoof 4

• The title was changed to The Ponies Sims - Looking for C++ and C# programmers!
  • 5 weeks later...

UPDATE: Many of the devs working on this project are not able to work as much due to real-life situations (school, work, etc.), and is leaning towards needing more people again. Although progress is still being made surely, it has been quite slowed down and needs to be picked back up to a faster pace. I am looking for some more C# programmers who are familiar with Unity, 3D modelers, and 3D animators. Other open positions that are not quite a priority yet but soon will be are music composing and 2D animating. Please email me at aeast667@gmail.com, or visit our Discord server here to contact either me or any other developers. Remember, project news will always be posted on our website at https://theponies.org.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

This looks cool! I'd love to try contributing to something like this but I've only just started working in Unity and haven't really worked with 3D models. I'm also working on a project of my own, but still, I'd love to keep up with this project!

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...