Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Action or SoL?

CastletonSnob

Action more, to be honest, I enjoy it more and it gives me anxiety and excitement. Can't wait to see this season ending episodes. Sad that they only include them in first and last episodes of the seasons though. MLP Movie, in addition, I can't wait for that!

I'd prefer slice of life. I'd like to just see them go through their day, have their own seperate problems to solve rather than having to defeat an enemy with their magic. I have nothing against it of course, but every movie has been the same so far and I'd like for them to mix things up a little.

I prefer seeing the EQG franchise go in more of an action direction.

For starters it helps it stand out from FiM, and with all of the magical girl elements that have popped up during the series, it just makes sense to go in said direction.

• Brohoof 1

A mix between the two I feel would be best, not unlike what we saw in the specials.

Though I will say that slice of life is definitely something EqG needs a lot more of, even if the shorts have somewhat helped that to an extent.

I prefer to have a mixture of the two instead of one over the other. If you only focused on say, slice of life scenarios, it becomes monotonous after a while and you eventually get bored. By switching between multiple directions, you can please different groups whilst exploring numerous possibilities without becoming stale.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Would you rather the EQG series be mostly action, where the girls are using their powers to fight monsters, or make it slice of life, like FiM?

I'd rather it be action in order to differentiate it from FIM; as things stand, they really don't have much room to make it different from the normal show (ESPECIALLY since the mane six besides Sci-twi are too similiar to the pony six), and their latest attempts to do SOL in the shorts have been... lacking.

If they don't manage to give EQG a TRUE unique flavor that's different from FIM, its going to struggle, and in order to do that they need to make the two show's styles different in some manner, and FIM is just hardcore SOL right now.

To be honest, I'd rather it be reversed (with FIM being more actiony and EQG being slice of life), but the current direction of FIM doesn't look to be changing much to an action bent :P

I've not thought much about what I would want a continuing Equestria Girls series to be like, as I've more often been interested in having certain story threads concluded and details about the world expanded upon. I'm generally disinterested in anything Friendship is Magic related pursuing an overly action-oriented style, but I'm also not sure how much the different context of Equestria Girls could sustain charm-and-moral-driven slice-of-life like the show's more low-key episodes.

As always, my ideal would be semi-serialized comedy, like a child-friendly Brooklyn Nine-Nine, but if that's not gonna work, I'd favour a mix of slice-of-life episodes like the show with more action-based fare like the Equestria Girls movies, with a larger focus on comedy than the show in recent years. I still view it as an extension of Friendship is Magic rather than its own thing, but if it really wants to become its own series, than I do agree that a little more action would set it apart, and might also help sustain it now that it's apparently done with the loose ends from the first three movies.