Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media What's your favorite food or dish?

The Equestrian Brony

My favorite food is anything Japanese. I will devour anything in sight if it is Japanese. The funny thing though is that I'm not even Japanese ^_^

Image result for japanese foodImage result for delicious foods

Image result for japanese food

What's your favorite food? Sorry if I made you hungry with the pictures of food. :lol:

Edited by The Equestrian Brony

Here to you: Carbonara, a specialty of center Italy, mostly Rome. Bacon, eggs and cheese is the basic and most traditional recipe, but there are also fish based ones. Belive me, is something to try.

10-ricette-con-gli-spaghetti-Spaghetti-a

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Krashface said:

Here to you: Carbonara, a specialty of center Italy, mostly Rome. Bacon, eggs and cheese is the basic and most traditional recipe, but there are also fish based ones. Belive me, is something to try.

I think I'm just going to eat my screen to try it or just drool all over my computer table just staring at that picture. 

LOL, just kidding. I'll make it and try it. That really looks good. :)

• Brohoof 1

My favourite foods belong to Turkish cuisine. (I am from Turkey maybe that is why xD)

However, until you go visit Turkey you can't taste the real Turkish food. Because it is not the Turkish cuisine you eat in the streets that basically and only makes Donner. Turkish Cuisine is more than a Döner and it has more kind, unfortunately, they are not much made abroad. That is why you should visit Turkey.

Here are two of the real and my favourite Turkish home made food and they are unique and so delicious.

A Turkish food named İskender is my favourite. The cow meat and the bread under it with yoghurt and tomato paste! Mmmm, just delicious!

Image of İskender:

iskender ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Also, I love Mantı too which is the Turkish ravioli that includes meatballs in them. The speciality and the hardness are making them so small apart from Chinese ravioli's and their big size. (Although they are delicious too.). It also has a sauce mixed with yoghurt and tomato pastry. You can also add Mint and/or Red Pepper as spice topping for the food.

Image of Mantı;

mantı ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Edited by Ginger Ale
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

My favourite foods belong to Turkish cuisine. (I am from Turkey maybe that is why xD)

However, until you go visit Turkey you can't taste the real Turkish food. Because it is not the Turkish Foods you know in the streets that basically and only makes Doner.

Here are two of the real and my favourite Turkish home made food and they are unique and so delicious.

A Turkish food named İskender is my favourite. The cow meat and the bread under it with yoghurt and tomato paste! Mmmm, just delicious!

Image of İskender:

iskender ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Also, I love Mantı too which is the Turkish ravioli shaped like balls that include meatballs in them. The speciality and the hardness are making them so small apart from Chinese ravioli's and their big size. (Although they are delicious too.). It also has a sauce mixed with yoghurt and tomato pastry. You can also add Mint and/or Red Pepper as spice topping for the food.

Image of Mantı;

mantı ile ilgili görsel sonucu

You're from Turkey? That's so cool! When I got into this fandom I never knew how world-wide Bronies were or how many countries Bronies were in. It always amazes me when I hear other Bronies being from Poland, Ukraine, Russia, Czechoslovakia, Sweden, Germany, etc. It just amazes me! I never knew Hasbro broadcasted My Little Pony in other countries lol I thought it was just in the US and the UK since My Little Pony is in English. 

Anyways, I like those dishes. They seem like something good to try! I've never had them. But if I go to Turkey I will ask for them. 

• Brohoof 1

Turkish shish (lamb, chicken, goat) is probably my favorite dish.

kebab.jpg

Either that or some classic smørrebrød with a cold beer.

Smorrebrod.jpg

9955810674_630c13e209_o.jpg

:wub:

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, Royce said:

Turkish shish (lamb, chicken, goat) is probably my favorite dish.

kebab.jpg

Smorrebrod.jpg

:wub:

As a Turkish Brony, I approve this too! <3

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Krashface said:

I'm eating my computer right now.

Just now, Crystal Peppermint said:

:(

Don't worry, these posts make me want to eat my computer too.

16 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

Did you say... beer?

What kind of beer? lol I like beer. 

1 minute ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

Did you say... beer?

@Royce said that. I don't adore beer much. I enjoy Martini, Vodka, and Turkish Raki more than beer to be honest.

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

Did you say... beer?

Me too. :D 

A nice cold Edelweiss Weissbier Hefetrub.

3 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

@Royce said that. I don't adore beer much. I enjoy Martini, Vodka, and Turkish Raki more than beer to be honest.

Oh, I didn't see the post. Sorry about that. I like wine mostly. I make it myself. It's the best wine ever! I usually throw lots of fruit in and add some spices. I don't know if wine is suppose to have spices in it but I strain it off and I like it :lol: Vodka and Martinis make me dizzy and I can't stand afterwards so I don't drink them much :lol: 

Just now, Royce said:

Me too. :D 

A nice cold Edelweiss Weissbier Hefetrub.

Image result for Edelweiss Weissbier Hefetrub.This? It looks good lol. German I imagine? 

• Brohoof 1

Image result for Edelweiss Weissbier Hefetrub.This? It looks good lol. German I imagine? 

Yup. It's really good. 

Close, but it is Austrian. :P  

Edited by Guest

Oh, I didn't see the post. Sorry about that. I like wine mostly. I make it myself. It's the best wine ever! I usually throw lots of fruit in and add some spices. I don't know if wine is suppose to have spices in it but I strain it off and I like it :lol: Vodka and Martinis make me dizzy and I can't stand afterwards so I don't drink them much :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Royce said:

Lol, this turned into an alcohol drink discussion thread. I love wine too.

Here is a delicious and my favorite Turkish vine that is named Kalecik Karası. If you can find it in your hometown make sure to search as Gordias Kalecik Karası, Gordias makes the best vine for me.

Here is also the image;

kalecik karası şarap ile ilgili görsel sonucu

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Ginger Ale said:

Here is a delicious and my favorite Turkish vine that is named Kalecik Karası. If you can find it in your hometown make sure to search as Gordias Kalecik Karası, Gordias makes the best vine for me.

Here is also the image;

Wine is really nice too. I am myself more of a Chardonnay type of guy, hehe

Either that or a nice Aperol spritz.

6798517b67f507bd9d19cb15f90c7da4.jpg

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

Here is also the image;

very tempting indeed! I need to got to the liquor stores to see if it's there, I'll be back :lol: just kidding. I need to go tomorrow. The store is closed lol

Just now, Royce said:

Wine is really nice too. I am myself more of a Chardonnay type of guy, hehe

Either that or a nice Aperol spritz.

6798517b67f507bd9d19cb15f90c7da4.jpg

very reddish-orange. I might like that. lol

• Brohoof 1

Just now, The Equestrian Brony said:

very reddish-orange. I might like that. lol

A nice cold spritz is something that goes down really easily, so you just might hehe.

My favorites are the Aperol one and the other is just a nice lime one with Prosecco (sparkling white wine) :sunbutt:

3 hours ago, Krashface said:

I love that stuff; I used to make it all the time. :nom:

My favorite food is foie gras, which I can't find too often where I live. Buuuut maybe that's for the best since it's so expensive. :P 

• Brohoof 1

My favorite cuisines are the ones I grew up in which is Indo-Pak. :)

Biryani is my favorite of the Indo-Pak cuisine especially Bombay.

Bombay_Biryani..JPG

Another cuisine I really love is Achaar Gosht which translates to Pickled Meat Broth. It's saucy and spicy. :P

GEDC0684.JPG

I've eaten so much spice in my life that I've practically developed a strong tolerance (near immunity) towards it :lol:.

5 hours ago, The Equestrian Brony said:

Yum! These food posts are making me hungry! :lol:

You only have yourself to blame if this whole topic is making you hungry. :P

Oh and apparently there's an alcoholic beverage topic being discussed here for whatever reason.

Personally I don't drink anything that intoxicates me. I love my mental reasoning so much that I'm willing to go on a journey to become a wise sage. That and alcohol along with anything that intoxicates me are forbidden under the religion I adhere to.

• Brohoof 1