Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching New Pony in Ponyville OOC

Jedishy

This rp will contain my OC Winter Bolt. He arrives in Ponyville seeking to find his place. I am searching for people to help guide the rest of the RP after the following plot points are met. 

Winter Bolt making a mess of the fall/winter preparations due to his enthusiasm

A small crisis in Ponyville due to some foul magic ( we can decide on the character together here when the time comes) 

An adventure to Canterlot that is a developing moment for my OC and overcoming his insecurities. ( The factors that generate this can flow organically or be decided here later. 

Rules 

Keep the rules of magic and other factors similar to the MLP universe. 

Clearly no mary sue or stu behavior ( Unless you are Twi or Celestia ) 

Try to post at least a paragraph ( Four to five sentences) occasionally shorter posts are ok

Characters

Mane cast: People can play members of the Mane cast I will update as I get people

OC characters are very welcome 

Setting

The Equestrian Empire though mainly in Ponyville and the Everfree Forest. Manehatten is somewhere my OC will be hesitant to go due to issues with his parents. But it might be a good adventure to push him to fix this via a trip to his colthood home. 

Other:

I am open for suggestions to other adventures, other characters, and really anything that fits the spirit of what I posted above. Id love people to pick up at least one or two of the Mane six and have no current designs on taking any of the normal cast myself

The IC post: 

My OC:

Edited by Jedishy

7 minutes ago, Wolfer Mint said:

I'll join I just need to get my oc up, Can I play Derpy Hooves?

Sure I've not yet met the character but go for it. 

@Wolfer Mint

Hey ok so sounds good. Do we wanna just kick this off or give people more time to join in before getting going? Also outside of your OC and Derpy any desire to play anyone else? I just want to know so I can post whats taken and whats not. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Warith said:

I might join, though my idea for the character will require him to wait to join the RP when you go to visit Canterlot.

Ok that sounds good. No desire to play any of the mane cast outside of your initial idea? No pressure just saying this is pretty open at this point lol. 

Just now, Jedishy said:

Ok that sounds good. No desire to play any of the mane cast outside of your initial idea? No pressure just saying this is pretty open at this point lol. 

Nah, besides I wanna take it slow for RP. Now from what I am understand this is mostly Slice of Life with a little Drama?

Just now, Sir Warith said:

Nah, besides I wanna take it slow for RP. Now from what I am understand this is mostly Slice of Life with a little Drama?

Yes though I'm not sure what other categories there are that I could classify it as. So if you have any knowledge on that area please share as I'm not sure what the categories are at this point 

Just now, Jedishy said:

Yes though I'm not sure what other categories there are that I could classify it as. So if you have any knowledge on that area please share as I'm not sure what the categories are at this point 

Okay we can look at it like this;

Does the story revolve around normal day to day life with a little of bit of normal excitement here and there? Slice of life.

Does it have a quest off to unknown places? Adventure.

Is there going to be a decent bit of intense moments fraught with danger? Action.

Is there some more serious social/emotional problems in day to day life among the ponies? Drama.

These are the most common among RPs here and there is no real limit to how you define it especially as the story may evolve down the line.

• Brohoof 1

@Sir Warith

Thanks gives me more information on story development. Frankly, I would not want to limit it to strictly any of those to allow for free flow progression. But do you think that would make it too messy?

6 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

@Sir Warith

Thanks gives me more information on story development. Frankly, I would not want to limit it to strictly any of those to allow for free flow progression. But do you think that would make it too messy?

Well I used to GM/DM a bit for tabletop board games so I got some story telling experience. I mean honestly you could just say what it's going to start off like and then just free flow from there, it's your story so there is no reason to limit yourself especially by something as arbitrary as a label.

As for story progression and such, I always look at the characters and come up with a theme for the story(with little variations for each individual). Off that theme I plan how I want the characters to develop, character development (after trial and tribulation) and meaningful experiences/relationships are what you want to aim for.

Edited by Sir Warith
  • Brohoof 1