Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

not the best move

ajtabs

On 8/18/2017 at 0:48 AM, ajtabs said:

I liked it, but it was the worst of them all. Well that's what I think. :twi:

Are you referring to Friendship Games? If so what about the film didn't pull you in like the others? Characters? Plot? Dialog? Conflict?

8 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

I actually think Friendship Games is the second best installment in the EQG franchise, the first obviously being Rainbow Rocks.

I found a lot to like in FG. We got to see SciTwi's shock over people liking and greeting her at CH, and to see how our Twi would have developed without Celestia pushing her into ponyville and friendship; we got more development of Sunset (including her second chance at wielding the power of friendship, where the desires she acted out were to fix things and help Twilight, balancing out her selfish desires in the first movie nicely) and in contrast to the friction in the second movie, it was nice to see the main characters acting as a team. And Dashie's motivational song is awesome, especially after Vinyl kicked it up to 11 :)

I see EqG as a seperate thing. And as questionable things get explained more each movie.

They were all pretty cool. And the best thing to me is that they always have continuity to the previous movie.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017-08-21 at 0:08 PM, cmarston1 said:

I actually think Friendship Games is the second best installment in the EQG franchise, the first obviously being Rainbow Rocks.

I vehemently agree, although since I dislike everything which came after, there's not much competition. I still feel it's got a lot of issues, but it's still fun, SciTwi has a lot of depth (until the climax), and the songs are killer. 

• 8 months later...
On 8/21/2017 at 2:08 PM, cmarston1 said:

I'm leaning in that direction, too.