Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spoiler: new designs for the main six in the series? (Pinkie image included)

Unlikeable Pony

So, based on this image it looks like the mane seven might be getting visual updates for the youtube series (or at least the Original 5 prior to Sci-twi and sunset might); What's everyone's thoughts on that if so, and what's your thoughts on pinkie's design here?

Going to be honest, not really a big fan of the new look here: the skirt's multiple frills just looks like a ballet outfit more than an actual outfit to me.

large.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

Pinkie's new outfit seems really out there. While it's not awful it does seem really impractical for casual wear. I still prefer the old outfit

RD's new outfit came up a while back too(poor quality only unfortunately)

large.png

Unlike Pinkie's, I like RD's new look a lot, it's a huge improvement to the current one

Edited by Whompy Whomperson

36 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Pinkie's new outfit seems really out there. While it's not awful it does seem really impractical for casual wear. I still prefer the old outfit

RD's new outfit came up a while back too(poor quality only unfortunately)

large.png

Unlike Pinkie's, I like RD's new look a lot, it's a huge improvement to the current one

Im just glad that RD got an outfit change, hers was probably one of the ones I felt needed an update most (her and AJ)

I still think she looks a bit off with that long of hair, though that's more a "pony up" thing than her outfit :P

• Brohoof 1

I actually rather like these new designs for the main 7.

Now that Rarity and Applejack are wearing shorts and Rainbow is wearing pants, hopefully people can stop complaining about them all wearing skirts.

Plus they are now longer wearing those giant boots anymore, so it's nice to see that the biggest complaints against their designs have been rectified.

I really like Rainbow's new outfit, and I prefer Pinkie's new outfit to her original one, I am not that big a fan of Rarity's new one, Sunset's looks pretty cool, and so does Applejack's, and I am okay with Sci Twi's new design.

Seeing how Fluttershy isn't in this picture, I wonder what her new design will look like.

• Brohoof 3

Among the ones that I could make out, Pinkie's is really the only one that feels like a downgrade to me. I don't know, I always really liked the heavy amount of blue in her current outfit. Sunset looks pretty good from the little I can see of hers, but I will definitely miss her Friendship Games + specials outfit.

Rainbow's is a lot better, though.

Edited by Toon4Thought

One thing about pinkie was that I really felt the heart at the center of her old shirt "fit" her really well. given her optimism and general emotional role in the group, a heart almost seems to fit her as a symbol just as much as balloons.

7 hours ago, Toon4Thought said:

Among the ones that I could make out, Pinkie's is really the only one that feels like a downgrade to me. I don't know, I always really liked the heavy amount of blue in her current outfit. Sunset looks pretty good from the little I can see of hers, but I will definitely miss her Friendship Games + specials outfit.

Rainbow's is a lot better, though.

9 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I actually rather like these new designs for the main 7.

Now that Rarity and Applejack are wearing shorts and Rainbow is wearing pants, hopefully people can stop complaining about them all wearing skirts.

Plus they are now longer wearing those giant boots anymore, so it's nice to see that the biggest complaints against their designs have been rectified.

I really like Rainbow's new outfit, and I prefer Pinkie's new outfit to her original one, I am not that big a fan of Rarity's new one, Sunset's looks pretty cool, and so does Applejack's, and I am okay with Sci Twi's new design.

Seeing how Fluttershy isn't in this picture, I wonder what her new design will look like.

Haha, it seems like RD's the one that most people are happiest about all around XD

Its kind of hard to make out the other 5 for a really good look at them sadly; can barely see AJ for example. >.<

I can barely make most of them out. From what I can see from the others, I loved Sunset's second outfit, so I'm still not sure I want to see a third redesign. Rarity I think I need a better look before I can judge, And AJ and Twilight's don't even look like they changed 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

I can barely make most of them out. From what I can see from the others, I loved Sunset's second outfit, so I'm still not sure I want to see a third redesign. Rarity I think I need a better look before I can judge, And AJ and Twilight's don't even look like they changed 

I think can kinda see a little bit a change for AJ and Sci Twi's new outfits.

From that really really small image, it looks like Applejack is wearing a hoodie and shorts and Sci Twi just looks like she ditched the bow tie, the belt, and the vest, but it is hard to tell.

• Brohoof 1

The biggest issue with Pinks' are her stockings, otherwise the clothes are mostly fine, but her old one made her stand out more. I can't make out much between Twi, AJ, and Sunny (this one seems to be mostly her old sans jacket :huh: ). Rarity seems to have taken the good of Pinks' old clother, but Dashie's new clothes are a plus in every sense, plus those thunder rainbows are cool. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

So here's some better images of their new looks; not their dolls here, but if you look at the side of each package they have the new designs for the mane six on each.
There's no dash or rarity toy out of this line for some reason, sadly.

1524867__safe_fluttershy_equestria+girls_beach_diving+goggles_diving+suit_doll_equestria+girls+minis_goggles_irl_merchandise_photo_snorkel_toy_wetsuit.jpeg

shimmertoy.jpeg

ponktoy.jpeg

trixtoy.jpeg

twitoy.png

appletoy.jpg

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

So here's some better images of their new looks; not their dolls here, but if you look at the side of each package they have the new designs for the mane six on each.
There's no dash or rarity toy out of this line for some reason, sadly.

1524867__safe_fluttershy_equestria+girls_beach_diving+goggles_diving+suit_doll_equestria+girls+minis_goggles_irl_merchandise_photo_snorkel_toy_wetsuit.jpeg

shimmertoy.jpeg

ponktoy.jpeg

trixtoy.jpeg

twitoy.png

appletoy.jpg

Why do I have the feeling Rarity is responsible of these new looks :dash: ?

Aside from Sunset and Sci-Twi, who both have already changed their outfits once already through the EQG series, the other characters have been needing new outfits as they've worn the same ones since the first movie. These new ones will need more images so as to get more angles in addition to seeing how practical they can be but I'm all for it.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Aside from Sunset and Sci-Twi, who both have already changed their outfits once already through the EQG series, the other characters have been needing new outfits as they've worn the same ones since the first movie. These new ones will need more images so as to get more angles in addition to seeing how practical they can be but I'm all for it.

Eh, going to disagree about sunset. Sunset was the only one with a near *perfect* original design, so them changing it for a new one just seems like a bad move. Really think the new design is a huge step down from her previous look.

15 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

My favorites would have to be Sunset, Applejack ans Sci Twi's new outfits.

Applejack's look is good, but her look is also incredibly similiar to her old look honestly XD

I kind of wish they would have tweaked these a bit honestly; Pinkie's would have been great if it was just one frill instead of 3, and I kind of wish dash had black shorts instead of black pants (love black on RD honestly, but the long pants still look a little too much)

19 hours ago, StrawCherry said:

I feel like the new outfits are a lot more summer-y, which is odd since summer is about to end. :dash:

True, but the shorts look to still be stuck in summer mode, given how the next thing seems to be revolving around the beach.

On 8/17/2017 at 11:55 PM, Unlikeable Pony said:

So, based on this image it looks like the mane seven might be getting visual updates for the youtube series (or at least the Original 5 prior to Sci-twi and sunset might); What's everyone's thoughts on that if so, and what's your thoughts on pinkie's design here?

Going to be honest, not really a big fan of the new look here: the skirt's multiple frills just looks like a ballet outfit more than an actual outfit to me.

large.jpeg

It's gonna get weird isn't it?

On 9/2/2017 at 9:06 AM, ShadowSJG said:

What;s the purpose of these designs?

Probably because of what we saw in legend of everfree.

2 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Whelp, here we go with images from  hascon.
The actual art? Okay.
The toys of the art? GOOD LORD NO.

large.jpeg

1530455__safe_applejack_fluttershy_pinkie+pie_rainbow+dash_rarity_sunset+shimmer_twilight+sparkle_equestria+girls_spoiler-colon-eqg+series_clothes_hasc.jpeg

hascon.jpeg

god.has.come.to.reap.the.sinners.jpeg

They still are a major improvement over the original Equestria Girls dolls.

But than again, that isn't really saying much.

• Brohoof 1