K_Cast

Equestrian Tales currently in production

This is absolutely astounding work. The animation is deliciously fluid but if I had to pick a primary object of admiration it would definetely be the work with the background, effects and atmosphere. This is a new breath of life for the fandom's creative demography, nothing but props to you and the team :-D

• Brohoof 1

Badges

On 11/2/2018 at 11:05 AM, K_Cast said:

Yet another update! This time with some animation!

These are the videos shown at Ciderfest this last weekend, and want to bring them to you for the first time. These will not appear on youtube proper, and for your eyes only, we are using these to showcase what the team can do, and the style we are hoping to bring to the MLP universe. Please note the character rigging will be different for Eqt to more blend with the 2D backgrounds and elements. 

This animation is about Sunset Shimmer, and should be finished around January or February, animation by Minty Root a long time and lead animator for Eqt. Got more to come

Hope you enjoy and Stay pony!!! Look out for that Mirror as it plays a role in the pilot of Equestrian Tales aswell.

And a more extended opening scene.

The background style, lighting and other elements will be used in the animation of Equestrian Tales and this is the test bed for a lot of it.

The scenery and the animation is out of my expectations! :wau: I cannot believe a project like that surpasses the animation style of My Little Pony  The Movie!:ticking:

You have my respect and my support! >_>
I'm looking forward of the series! :pinkie:

Badges

When it's done. Not an official here, but these things take time, and they just started on the animation part.

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Bas said:

When it's done. Not an official here, but these things take time, and they just started on the animation part.

Alright ^^

Badges

Here's a list of software you could probably use for the 3d portions of the project.

Maya for 3d animation and modelling

Houdini for various 3d elements and CG effects

Arnold, Renderman, or Redshift for rendering

Of course, you could use a node compositor like Nuke or Fusion to composite everything in there.

Edited by vgmaster9