K_Cast

Equestrian Tales currently in production

Recommended Posts

This is absolutely astounding work. The animation is deliciously fluid but if I had to pick a primary object of admiration it would definetely be the work with the background, effects and atmosphere. This is a new breath of life for the fandom's creative demography, nothing but props to you and the team :-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

On 11/2/2018 at 11:05 AM, K_Cast said:

Yet another update! This time with some animation!

 These are the videos shown at Ciderfest this last weekend, and want to bring them to you for the first time. These will not appear on youtube proper, and for your eyes only, we are using these to showcase what the team can do, and the style we are hoping to bring to the MLP universe. Please note the character rigging will be different for Eqt to more blend with the 2D backgrounds and elements. 

 This animation is about Sunset Shimmer, and should be finished around January or February, animation by Minty Root a long time and lead animator for Eqt. Got more to come

Hope you enjoy and Stay pony!!! Look out for that Mirror as it plays a role in the pilot of Equestrian Tales aswell.

 

And a more extended opening scene.

 

The background style, lighting and other elements will be used in the animation of Equestrian Tales and this is the test bed for a lot of it.

The scenery and the animation is out of my expectations! :wau: I cannot believe a project like that surpasses the animation style of My Little Pony  The Movie!:ticking:

You have my respect and my support! >_>
I'm looking forward of the series! :pinkie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When it's done. Not an official here, but these things take time, and they just started on the animation part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Bas said:

When it's done. Not an official here, but these things take time, and they just started on the animation part.

Alright ^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a list of software you could probably use for the 3d portions of the project.

 

Maya for 3d animation and modelling

Houdini for various 3d elements and CG effects

Arnold, Renderman, or Redshift for rendering

Of course, you could use a node compositor like Nuke or Fusion to composite everything in there.

Edited by vgmaster9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm kinda curious, how is this project going? After the initial burst, there hasn't been much by way of news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2019 at 7:13 PM, Quinch said:

I'm kinda curious, how is this project going? After the initial burst, there hasn't been much by way of news.

the susnet one we got the teaser for is out

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
On 3/26/2019 at 6:18 PM, Lord Valtasar said:

the susnet one we got the teaser fo is out

Wait what.

I thought that one was a fan project. Maybe this is what FiM will be after s9.

Edit: Nevermind. I thought this was about something official lol!

Edit 2: Is the video above really from the OP? Wow! :P

Edited by Bas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Bas said:

Is the video above really from the OP? Wow! :P

I don't know exactly what involvement each person has in each of those projects, but Minty Root is part of the team behind Equestrian Tales

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

I don't know exactly what involvement each person has in each of those projects, but Minty Root is part of the team behind Equestrian Tales

I'll be damn by their project :twi:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 3/27/2019 at 7:04 PM, Lord Valtasar said:

I don't know exactly what involvement each person has in each of those projects, but Minty Root is part of the team behind Equestrian Tales

Essentially, I am simply one of the artists of the project. As we are planning the project, I have decided not to stand still and to get started doing some R&D for a proper animation pipeline that could run out of a television budget while still giving a somewhat cinematic result.

Obviously, I could just make a rig, make a demoreel of it and present it to people, but I want a real R&D for the project, including the character animation, making the scenery, compositing the scenes and editing it together in a real animation context so I have to budget my time between shots and make the right decisions to get the project done. This way I have a good idea of the actual quality level we could hope to achieve while staying within budget and something more concrete to show than just concept art. 

So one of the things I've been doing along with the Equestrian Tales team was to test out how to translate their concepts to animations by using some of their concept art for the project. I took for example their concept of Star Swirl's library and made a 3D model of it, which was seen in Luna's Determination and The Fall of Sunset Shimmer. Our collaboration has been mutually beneficial in the past too, as they helped out for concept art for Dinky's Destiny while I helped them making some show accurate rigs in Flash they could use for testing and making show style concepts too.

For my next project I am pushing things a bit further, featuring some of the characters from Equestrian Tales in it in some important roles. You can think of it as some sort of teaser for what to expect from it. My main concern is that since those projects are mostly my script and my own direction, they might feel a bit different from the final vision of the project, but I think it's a nice opportunity to experiment while we have the opportunity to experiment.

Obviously I also want these projects to be some nice fan animations on their own. Since there's always the fear the project could die due to factors out of our control, we would like to make the best out of it, have something to show we made something worthwhile in the end after all.

But it's my part, I'm not the director of Equestrian Tales. I'm simply one of the artists who want to make the best out of the project.

  • Brohoof 3
  • Yay 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Minty Root said:

Essentially, I am simply one of the artists of the project. As we are planning the project, I have decided not to stand still and to get started doing some R&D for a proper animation pipeline that could run out of a television budget while still giving a somewhat cinematic result.

Obviously, I could just make a rig, make a demoreel of it and present it to people, but I want a real R&D for the project, including the character animation, making the scenery, compositing the scenes and editing it together in a real animation context so I have to budget my time between shots and make the right decisions to get the project done. This way I have a good idea of the actual quality level we could hope to achieve while staying within budget and something more concrete to show than just concept art. 

So one of the things I've been doing along with the Equestrian Tales team was to test out how to translate their concepts to animations by using some of their concept art for the project. I took for example their concept of Star Swirl's library and made a 3D model of it, which was seen in Luna's Determination and The Fall of Sunset Shimmer. Our collaboration has been mutually beneficial in the past too, as they helped out for concept art for Dinky's Destiny while I helped them making some show accurate rigs in Flash they could use for testing and making show style concepts too.

For my next project I am pushing things a bit further, featuring some of the characters from Equestrian Tales in it in some important roles. You can think of it as some sort of teaser for what to expect from it. My main concern is that since those projects are mostly my script and my own direction, they might feel a bit different from the final vision of the project, but I think it's a nice opportunity to experiment while we have the opportunity to experiment.

Obviously I also want these projects to be some nice fan animations on their own. Since there's always the fear the project could die due to factors out of our control, we would like to make the best out of it, have something to show we made something worthwhile in the end after all.

But it's my part, I'm not the director of Equestrian Tales. I'm simply one of the artists who want to make the best out of the project.

I understand but you're AWESOME!!! :mlp_yeehaa:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Minty Root said:

For my next project I am pushing things a bit further, featuring some of the characters from Equestrian Tales in it in some important roles. You can think of it as some sort of teaser for what to expect from it. My main concern is that since those projects are mostly my script and my own direction, they might feel a bit different from the final vision of the project, but I think it's a nice opportunity to experiment while we have the opportunity to experiment

Oh my. Its not even out yet and it already has a spinoff in the works:ticking:

Even from the small introduction we have. I love those characters. So i'm really looking forward to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, frankly stopped posting updates as we have been working on alot of stuff, and things are in the pipeline right now for a formal pitch, we didnt want to end up posting something that might end up getting us in trouble. Just been playing it safe till we are past that stage. We are working to bring investors into our animation studio, bringing on more traditional classic animators, talking to some producers, working on alot of business side stuff. The moment I can say whats happening, or timelines you guys will be the first to know, I will say if things go as planned we could have some great stuff out within a year, but I cant give exact dates as things are in the pipeline. I will make updates when things I feel we can talk about are happening I will for sure post. Might have some stuff coming up, and might need some outside help with stuff like quality assurance for the screenplay, story, and that. We want to make the best product we can, and who best to ask then the fans that have kept the brand alive all these years. If you might be interested in something like that please PM me, just a warning on that, of course it would spoil some stuff story side for ya.

On 3/26/2019 at 10:13 AM, Quinch said:

I'm kinda curious, how is this project going? After the initial burst, there hasn't been much by way of news.

 

 

On 11/10/2018 at 2:11 AM, Matraxial Artemi said:

When will the Equestrian tales to be release?

 

Thank you so much, we have put our hearts and souls into the development of these, and the entire cast really. This story, the world and characters they are all working together to (we hope) bring you a great experience. Our cast and crew thanks you from the bottom of our hearts for your support ^_^.

On 3/29/2019 at 2:26 AM, Lord Valtasar said:

Oh my. Its not even out yet and it already has a spinoff in the works:ticking:

Even from the small introduction we have. I love those characters. So i'm really looking forward to it.

 

  • Brohoof 3
  • Yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

3 hours ago, K_Cast said:

Might have some stuff coming up, and might need some outside help with stuff like quality assurance for the screenplay, story, and that. We want to make the best product we can, and who best to ask then the fans that have kept the brand alive all these years. If you might be interested in something like that please PM me, just a warning on that, of course it would spoil some stuff story for ya.

I'm opting in for that

Best of luck with the pitching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's the music going to be done? Will it use a live orchestra or will it be used with virtual instruments and sample libraries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Attention Everypony, the time has come is nearly upon us, to anyone attending Ponyville Ciderfest this year, we would like to invite you to a special panel, being held on Saturday, November 2nd from 3:30 to 5:30 pm, From Script to Screen- Inside pony animation. FiM maybe over, but their legacy will live on in the hearts and creative minds of its fans, let us show you there is still something to look forward, or behind to (wink). 

Harmonize Entertainment will be hosting the panel, most noticeably Minty Root, we will be sharing with you over the 2 hours how pony is brought to life, with a sneak peek into a few up coming productions, and a few surprises in relation to the development of Equestrian Tales. Please join us, or you might miss something........ as well as some extra fun that will only be available for those attending the panel

 Equestrian Tales has not fallen, we have been working hard this last year to bring together something special, we just couldnt talk about it was all. We will be presenting something at the panel you wont want to miss.

 

 See you there!

  • Brohoof 3
  • Excited 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I didn't know you got Minty Root. That aside, I know literally nothing about her and her work aside from being popular.

Nice this thing is still going on!

Also tagging @BornAgainBrony because I believe he might wanted to stop by at that ciderfest anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2019 at 3:26 PM, Bas said:

I didn't know you got Minty Root. That aside, I know literally nothing about her and her work aside from being popular.

Nice this thing is still going on!

Also tagging @BornAgainBrony because I believe he might wanted to stop by at that ciderfest anyways.

Heh, yep, I was there, and working the panel room actually. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huge update today, we are now a week out from our panel at Ponyville Ciderfest 2019, the entire team had a great time, and was great to meet those that attended the panel. Baring some technical issues, think the panel went off well. With this I'd like to post, exclusively to Poniverse something we have been planning for a great long while. 

 This is First Steps, the very first of what will be many musical numbers through the course of the series in development, the song is about the journey between Ink Heart and Tall Tales relationship. Starting as a solo song, Ink Heart joins in to have some fun with him, before long they start to play off each other realizing they do have something in common. Finally towards the end their songs join together in a duet, as their story becomes one, and their first steps on the road to friendship begins.

 Singing talents- Caleb Hyles (Tall Tale), Wubcake (Ink Heart)

Enjoy, and please let us know what you think, this is one of the items going into the pilot and we want it to literally sing (to early for puns).

More scenes coming shortly, these are all works in progress so please keep that in mind, the pilot as it stands is roughly 50% completed storyboard side.

Thank you all, from the Equestrian Tales production crew!

  • Yay 1
  • Excited 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

That surely sounds and looks great!

I personally think the song could or should be a tad bit faster, especially the second voice (I guess that is wubcake?).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
3 hours ago, Bas said:

That surely sounds and looks great!

I personally think the song could or should be a tad bit faster, especially the second voice (I guess that is wubcake?).

 

Hi there, thank you. The song has been retweeked, we are in fact waiting for the final VA for Ink heart, to be announced at a later date. Wubcake is the current VA, standing in for her, she will for sure still be on crew after the productions roles. The song will be finalized at the point we get the final recordings, we really wanted to post this to get feedback before we did finalize it so thank you so much. 

Edited by K_Cast
didnt want to expose a voice talent yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

10 hours ago, K_Cast said:

Enjoy, and please let us know what you think, this is one of the items going into the pilot and we want it to literally sing (to early for puns). 

I love it! It also has that great "telling a story as we go, and things change as we do" vibe going for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bas said:

That surely sounds and looks great!

I personally think the song could or should be a tad bit faster, especially the second voice (I guess that is wubcake?).

 

Retimed and upped the Tempo, how this is more fun ^-^, thanks for the suggestion, think we will kept this upped version until final recording.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.