Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

K_Cast

If I may?

I would like the opportunity to help in any way I can - and I'd love to do some actual voice work, if that's still needed.

After all, if the main roles are all taken... I could always play a villain or two, if the need arises?  But I'd be willing to help in ANY way I could, honestly - this seems so good and sweet, I just can't help but wanting to be a part of it somehow.  Even if I get nothing from it other than experience that I can put on a reume, I'd be happy to help in any way possible.

Please let me know, and thank you for your time.  *bows humbly*

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was unfeatured
  • 1 month later...

Well, we got @Minty Root's   animation last year on November 21, 2020 – another sign that this incredible and fantastic project is still alive!

I wonder, do you have any more updates for us this year, @K_Cast  ?

We’d really love to hear from about the status of “Equestria Tales”.

And hopefully you won’t have to resort to your backup plan – but even if the worst comes to the worst and Hasbro doesn’t greenlight this series for whatever reason – we’re still going to love and support your work in whatever way format you release it in!

On 2019-03-29 at 8:29 AM, Minty Root said:

Essentially, I am simply one of the artists of the project. As we are planning the project, I have decided not to stand still and to get started doing some R&D for a proper animation pipeline that could run out of a television budget while still giving a somewhat cinematic result.

Obviously, I could just make a rig, make a demoreel of it and present it to people, but I want a real R&D for the project, including the character animation, making the scenery, compositing the scenes and editing it together in a real animation context so I have to budget my time between shots and make the right decisions to get the project done. This way I have a good idea of the actual quality level we could hope to achieve while staying within budget and something more concrete to show than just concept art. 

So one of the things I've been doing along with the Equestrian Tales team was to test out how to translate their concepts to animations by using some of their concept art for the project. I took for example their concept of Star Swirl's library and made a 3D model of it, which was seen in Luna's Determination and The Fall of Sunset Shimmer. Our collaboration has been mutually beneficial in the past too, as they helped out for concept art for Dinky's Destiny while I helped them making some show accurate rigs in Flash they could use for testing and making show style concepts too.

For my next project I am pushing things a bit further, featuring some of the characters from Equestrian Tales in it in some important roles. You can think of it as some sort of teaser for what to expect from it. My main concern is that since those projects are mostly my script and my own direction, they might feel a bit different from the final vision of the project, but I think it's a nice opportunity to experiment while we have the opportunity to experiment.

Obviously I also want these projects to be some nice fan animations on their own. Since there's always the fear the project could die due to factors out of our control, we would like to make the best out of it, have something to show we made something worthwhile in the end after all.

But it's my part, I'm not the director of Equestrian Tales. I'm simply one of the artists who want to make the best out of the project.

This was what we saw in this video, wasn't it, @Minty Root?

On 2020-02-01 at 3:28 AM, vgmaster9 said:

But even then, not enough bronies know about it. Even the videos hardly have any views.

That's because they are unlisted. I'm sure the cast and crew will make them viewable o the public once things really get going.

• 5 months later...
On 2021-04-02 at 8:11 AM, Dreamstar Moonlight said:

This was what we saw in this video, wasn't it, @Minty Root?

Sorry for our absents, covid hit our team and our spirits hard, but we are far from done yet. The characters of Dusk and Dawn (the alicorn parents to Luna and Celestia) are in fact main players in the story of Eqt, its taken some time but things are back in motion. We are not sure if we will be able to animate the thing in full, but we do plan to release the story / screenplays and work related to them. We removed the videos on youtube where hidden by youtube for being for kids, and they pretty much destroyed our channel, removed 10 years of history and interactions with what fans we did have, that was with having zero copyright strikes on the channel, and no copyright issues with hasbro at all. We have never had legal issues with hasbro in our entire 10 years in the fandom. It was nice to go back from time to time and remember why we are still at this lol. With that I will be reuploading every video we made, and some that were never seen, for anyone that wants them.

What you saw in Minty's animation was in fact related to an event that will happen in Eqt, however the version planned for this story is far deeper, longer, and we hope will rival if not beat the most emotional, and hard hitting scenes in animation to date. We have put a lot of work into making this event something special, and if nothing else we want to show that completed.

I will be posting some updates soon, and I hope today post up a small ad looking for some help with pre reading, we want to make sure these stories are as good as we can make them. At present we have built the entire story of the show, and we know its end, we are on course for something amazing, we just have to get it all out.

Thank you so much

On 2021-10-01 at 8:13 AM, K_Cast said:

Sorry for our absents, covid hit our team and our spirits hard, but we are far from done yet. The characters of Dusk and Dawn (the alicorn parents to Luna and Celestia) are in fact main players in the story of Eqt, its taken some time but things are back in motion. We are not sure if we will be able to animate the thing in full, but we do plan to release the story / screenplays and work related to them. We removed the videos on youtube where hidden by youtube for being for kids, and they pretty much destroyed our channel, removed 10 years of history and interactions with what fans we did have, that was with having zero copyright strikes on the channel, and no copyright issues with hasbro at all. We have never had legal issues with hasbro in our entire 10 years in the fandom. It was nice to go back from time to time and remember why we are still at this lol. With that I will be reuploading every video we made, and some that were never seen, for anyone that wants them.

What you saw in Minty's animation was in fact related to an event that will happen in Eqt, however the version planned for this story is far deeper, longer, and we hope will rival if not beat the most emotional, and hard hitting scenes in animation to date. We have put a lot of work into making this event something special, and if nothing else we want to show that completed.

I will be posting some updates soon, and I hope today post up a small ad looking for some help with pre reading, we want to make sure these stories are as good as we can make them. At present we have built the entire story of the show, and we know its end, we are on course for something amazing, we just have to get it all out.

Thank you so much

Oof, I am so sorry to hear that, @K_Cast

Damn this stupid pandemic. It hit everyone on this planet and left them in a mess.

But! I'm so happy to hear that you and your team are still so persistent, despite everything you've had to go through. Even if you aren't able to animate the whole thing 9which, by the way, is completely understandable, given the circumstances), I'm certain that we'll definitely enjoy the story/screenplay - whatever format you choose to release it in!

Looking forward to those updates you mentioned!

Keep at it! I hope Project "Equestria Tales" sees the light of day soon! (however long it takes!)

On 2021-10-01 at 8:13 AM, K_Cast said:

I will be re-uploading every video we made, and some that were never seen, for anyone that wants them.

What you saw in Minty's animation was in fact related to an event that will happen in EqT, however the version planned for this story is far deeper, longer, and we hope will rival if not beat the most emotional, and hard hitting scenes in animation to date. We have put a lot of work into making this event something special, and if nothing else we want to show that completed.

Oh, PLEASE DO!
Also, make sure to post the links here so that we can all see them! (I didn't even know you guys owned a YouTube channel until today).

I simply cannot imagine anything more emotionally hard-hitting than what Minty's animation showed - but if you guys have managed to top that - WELL! KUDOS! Can't wait to see (or read) what you've come up with!

6 hours ago, Dreamstar Moonlight said:

Oh, PLEASE DO!
Also, make sure to post the links here so that we can all see them! (I didn't even know you guys owned a YouTube channel until today).

I simply cannot imagine anything more emotionally hard-hitting than what Minty's animation showed - but if you guys have managed to top that - WELL! KUDOS! Can't wait to see (or read) what you've come up with!

I'm working on getting the channel back in order now, and working on a few behind the scenes videos, just sucks no one will ever be able to say anything lol. Community interaction was and is very important to us, they cut off a good part of that, going to try to add a fan group to our discord some time, if we have any fans left lol.

Not sure if you'd be interested, but im looking for one or two more that might be able to help us make sure this is to the quality we are trying to produce.  It would involve spoilers tho, but if you had any interest, would love to show you some of the stuff we have not been able to in public lol

If not we will of course keep the forums in the loop as this is where it all started, and the best pony community on earth. 

Thank you from our entire team, for your support over the years, and sorry its taken so long, we have been doing this with no budget to speak of, and a limited team, but we are getting there. 

8 hours ago, K_Cast said:

I'm working on getting the channel back in order now, and working on a few behind the scenes videos, just sucks no one will ever be able to say anything lol. Community interaction was and is very important to us, they cut off a good part of that, going to try to add a fan group to our discord some time, if we have any fans left lol.

Not sure if you'd be interested, but im looking for one or two more that might be able to help us make sure this is to the quality we are trying to produce.  It would involve spoilers tho, but if you had any interest, would love to show you some of the stuff we have not been able to in public lol

If not we will of course keep the forums in the loop as this is where it all started, and the best pony community on earth. 

Thank you from our entire team, for your support over the years, and sorry its taken so long, we have been doing this with no budget to speak of, and a limited team, but we are getting there. 

"Community interaction was and is very important to us, they cut off a good part of that, going to try to add a fan group to our discord some time, if we have any fans left lol."

Of course community interaction is important! And I seriously doubt you've lost your fans - remember Covid took its tool on all of us. Building up the fanbase and hype again wouldn't be too difficult, with proper advertising and such. And a Discord server dedicated to EqT is an amazing idea!

Would I be interested??!!
Man, I'm BEYOND HYPED!!! And spoilers? Pffft. I adore spoilers! I belong to the rare species of humans who goes around sniffing for spoilers and leaks in every nook and cranny one can find! I'd be beyond honoured and would love to see whatever you are comfortable revealing. Also, I would like to help any way I can, to the best of my ability.

sorry its taken so long, we have been doing this with no budget to speak of, and a limited team, but we are getting there. 

Dude, don't apologize. The fact that you've come this far just shows how dedicated you are, and speaks volumes about the quality of EqT, which, I am super-sure, would be top-notch! I just hope you don't give up on EqT after all these years. From what little I've gathered from all the messages from other people here (and Minty's animation, of course!), you guys have put your heart and soul into the project, and I can guarantee fans all over the world (and probably other worlds) would love to see equestrian Tales in all its glory (regardless of whether it's released in awritten or animated format).

Keep up the excellent work, and don't lose heart! We're all here to cheer you on! @K_Cast

• 5 months later...

Production Update-

The animated version of this production has been shelved, however work on the story will continue and postings will have already gone up in regard to this. We just released the full screenplay for the pilot of Equestrian Tales, we still have our entire voice talent pool so we might end up voicing some if not all of the screenplays at some point. Simply put our team has decided to back away from building this as a hasbro production due to the way the industry is changing, we never had any bad dealings with Hasbro or anyone else for that matter, this was an internal choice by the crew. We will put the animation focus on a few of our other productions, but we will not ever forget where we came from, and I want to make sure the story is seen in its original form by those that would understand and get the most out of the story, characters and world we spent the last 10 years or so building. This is for sure not the end, in fact now that we are not focused on a big animated pony series you will see a lot more content coming out a lot faster. We no longer feel like we have cooperate eyes watching us, and that is why we didnt release as much as we wanted to over the years. We learned some lessons of other pony teams in the past, and now we stand as the last of the original creative pony studios left from the beginning, we will try to carry that banner as long as you will have us.

If you'd like to read the pilot please head over to this thread-

Thank you all, updates will be coming faster now, so see you all soon.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2022-03-10 at 9:18 PM, K_Cast said:

Production Update-

The animated version of this production has been shelved, however work on the story will continue and postings will have already gone up in regard to this. We just released the full screenplay for the pilot of Equestrian Tales, we still have our entire voice talent pool so we might end up voicing some if not all of the screenplays at some point. Simply put our team has decided to back away from building this as a hasbro production due to the way the industry is changing, we never had any bad dealings with Hasbro or anyone else for that matter, this was an internal choice by the crew. We will put the animation focus on a few of our other productions, but we will not ever forget where we came from, and I want to make sure the story is seen in its original form by those that would understand and get the most out of the story, characters and world we spent the last 10 years or so building. This is for sure not the end, in fact now that we are not focused on a big animated pony series you will see a lot more content coming out a lot faster. We no longer feel like we have cooperate eyes watching us, and that is why we didnt release as much as we wanted to over the years. We learned some lessons of other pony teams in the past, and now we stand as the last of the original creative pony studios left from the beginning, we will try to carry that banner as long as you will have us.

If you'd like to read the pilot please head over to this thread-

Thank you all, updates will be coming faster now, so see you all soon.

Are you going to turn it into an audio drama? That's probably the most viable way to go.

• 1 month later...
On 2023-04-19 at 10:01 AM, Plonkett said:

Are you going to turn it into an audio drama? That's probably the most viable way to go.

Hi there! I wanted to thank you for both of your comments and sorry for the late reply to them. Firstly yes the channel was marked for kids right when that all went into effect a few years ago, we lost all the love and comments on there that kept us fighting over the years, was a rather hard blow losing direct interaction with the fans we were making this for, but we have not given up, in fact, things are moving along rather well right now, and I hope to be making a big announcement in the months to come. We are not out of the fight, there was just some stuff that was delaying things, and honestly, we wanted to see how the company was going to handle things before we dedicated even more time to this, as some of us have already put in almost 10 years into bringing to life something special for everyone to enjoy.

Secondly, the first versions of this might come out in the form of a motion comic, however, things have been changing very fast, we are now focused on getting the pilot of Equestrian Tales up to the point of animation, and we are very close, I'm also seeking some funding options, including possibly getting up a Patreon so we can finish this as it was intended to be. In the end game I will settle for nothing less than to see these characters living and breathing on screen, and seeing what good they can do for kids all around the world.

We are not just stopping at animation, I'm in talks with several manufacturers and creators to get a few programs started that we hope will help kids that need it the most right now, one of those being a program called "Everyone Deserves a Friend" where we are having smaller plushies made and will be handing them out to kids so they will always have a friend to be at their side when they need them. The world is getting scary for a lot of kids out there, and we are hoping these little toys will get to the kids that need the support the most.

There are a lot of plans on the table that I cannot talk about just yet as some are still in planning, but there is a lot coming, and this story is far from over yet.

Thank you for your support, and comments, if you have any more please fill free to drop them in, I only will not answer things that I feel will damage the production or the viewer experience.

Brony for life (Brohoove)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Major announcement! After a good while we can finally announce two voice talents that have joined the Equestrian Tales production, none other than Gabrial Brown playing Sire Dusk (King), joining the cast is also Claire Corlett as Lady Dawn (Queen) and filly Princess Celestia! Stay tuned for more announcements and if you'd like to meet some of the cast we are planning a panel at Harmonycon coming in Feb, one you will not want to miss! Thank you everypony!

image.thumb.png.491aef8f378e2cb4ecb46ed377728810.png

Edited by K_Cast
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Quinch said:

Hold on, hold on.... the Gabriel BlackGryph0n Brown?

Nice catch!

Yes he and Claire (VA for Sweetie Bell) will play King Dusk and Queen Dawn. Got some other names that should be joining I just cannot comment on them just yet. Production is fully underway.

Thank you for your comment and support

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening everypony!

The production crew of Equestrian Tales would like to invite you to join our new community discord server, for direct access to the crew, production updates, and a lot of fun to come, we have a community/production website in development, and just launched a Patreon if anyone would like to support us, even a $1 helps get the production to completion faster, and there are a lot of perks for all levels, we want our community to be a part of the magic to come, and carry on the legacy of FiM that inspired all of this.

Discord link to the community- https://discord.gg/ctqppqDmeM 

Link to the Patreon- https://www.patreon.com/EquestrianTales

Thank you everypony, we know this has been a lot of time coming, but things are going well, and are on track to release the pilot sooner than might be expected! 

• 2 weeks later...

First of a short behind-the-scenes series, mainly testing equipment for future content.

Much more content coming soon, as we are now in full swing.

• Brohoof 1

New episode of Land of Color, starring our lead mare Ink Heart, and an instrumental version of our song First Steps.

More content coming soon.

• 2 months later...

I only JUST discovered this amazing project today, and I would love to check out what you have available as of this time. From what little I've seen thus far, EXCELLENT work 8/8 or 6/6 (Pones don't use base 10 maths)

P.S. If you ever need some help in some fashion I would be honored/thrilled/and other such words to lend my drawing skills or rookie/hobby VA talents to this project.

Edited by BirdsBooksBrownies

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-06-14 at 1:28 AM, K_Cast said:

Good evening everypony!

The production crew of Equestrian Tales would like to invite you to join our new community discord server, for direct access to the crew, production updates, and a lot of fun to come, we have a community/production website in development, and just launched a Patreon if anyone would like to support us, even a $1 helps get the production to completion faster, and there are a lot of perks for all levels, we want our community to be a part of the magic to come, and carry on the legacy of FiM that inspired all of this.

Discord link to the community- https://discord.gg/ctqppqDmeM 

Link to the Patreon- https://www.patreon.com/EquestrianTales

Thank you everypony, we know this has been a lot of time coming, but things are going well, and are on track to release the pilot sooner than might be expected! 

For some reason your discord channel is not work. But on the bright side patreon is working great. Took the plunge to help support your project you all been working on. Keep us the awesome work. 

• 2 months later...

Hello everypony!

Bullet points,

- ViP voice work has been recorded

- new talent acquired,

- looking for artists

-production is off the ground!

It has been far too long, and I wanted to give an update on production, we are a few days out of Ciderfest where we just recorded the largest charity auction numbers in ponycon history, a lot of the team was there as staff, vendors, community guest I would first like to thank everyone on this team for giving what you have to the community and to this production, and to all the fans that helped to make that charity the happiest in the world, it will go to help save many animals and what more can we say about the brony community, we help every creature.

Now on to the update, over this weekend we met a number of new friends who will be joining the production after the pilot has wrapped up, we have begun assimilating every FiM voice talent, and show staff we can talk to. Now that the writer and actors strike has ended we can also fill our remaining lead characters' voice side as well!

Gab and Claire have finished recording, the rest of the VA team is gearing up, we should be into full storyboarding by the new year!

If you are interested in meeting the team, and seeing a real sneak peek into production, I hope you join us live or online for Harmonycon! We have put in for a special panel where we will show the first minutes of the series for the first time, the vip talent involved will be present, and we hope to meet you all! Dont be late there might be prizes o-o

We are reaching out to Ian Hanlin (Sun Burst) for a lead role, Rebecca Shoichet (Sunset Shimmer / Singing Twilight), Giles Panton (Flash Magnus to play the new captain of the city guard Hot Shot, we are looking into Nicole Oliver for Voice Director/guest VA, Diana Kaarina (aria Blaze EG) who would like to reunite with the original Siren Voice talents in Eqt for 3 new characters, and many more in the works. I also spent the weekend talking to Ac Racebest, Saberspark, Silver Quill and as many of the original brony content creators as I could find for a special scene for the pilot to pay respect to where we began. 

At this time we are working on the largest scenes of the pilot and coming to the point where we might need some help, so I am opening a few art positions as well as a few voice roles mainly for background and a few sub-main cast if you're interested at all please DM me I would be happy to see if we have a role for you! We are looking for a few parent characters, a few younger ponies, and a lot of just everyday ponies to fill all the city scenes (the team is going to hurt me lol)

Thank you all and updates will come more often as production is now underway, we had a lot to rebuild and I hope you like the direction the show is now going!

Have a wonderful holiday, and see you next time!

Toys are coming!

Check these out!

We are in contact with a manufacturer at this time to create a funko-sized line of character figures, these three are prototypes, we are waiting on some other details before we reveal final prices, release schedule, and so on, they will be available first to Patreon and crowdfunding supporters, we will make a larger campaign before they are released so those that want one can get one. They will be a limited run but if it looks like they sell out through Patreon or so on, we will order a few more so everyone can have a chance at one. We want this show and merch to be accessible to everyone, we are trying to get the price of these down enough to fit a wider budget, and there will be some more limited edition projects coming.

This is just the beginning we have many more ideas in the pipeline, we are going old school Hasbro here! 

image.thumb.png.c2a18dfff3ae516cc1700fd3cb078f3e.pngimage.thumb.png.ee277174d7a57b84a42b1b1083db18f1.pngimage.thumb.png.df424391a28036256b067500a13c92fb.png

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 2