Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unofficial Brony Conventions

twilightsparkle3562

For those of you planning to attend Equestria LA, it's a good thing you are doing it because this is last ever con they will ever do.

https://equestriala.com/2017/the-final-curtain/?platform=hootsuite

I am actually not all that surprised.  I've said it before that Southern California is expensive to hold a Brony Convention, particularly in the Los Angeles area.  But, look at it this way: BABSCON in San Francisco and Everfree Northwest in Seattle will benefit strongly from this.  

• 2 weeks later...

If Southern California wants to have another Brony convention in the Los Angeles area after Equestria LA goes into the history books, here are some steps:

1. Have it at any of the airport hotels preferably LAX in Los Angeles and John Wayne Airport in Orange County.  It's a lot easier for people flying in from out of state.

2. Choose a name that distinguishes itself from Equestria LA (ex. SoCal Ponycon)

3. Have the date be during a cheap weekend, but not during a holiday weekend.

4. Have a passion for wanting to run a convention or have some kind of experience

5. Do an event that involves what the area has to offer like Hollywood and any of the California theme parks.

UK Ponycon (as already mentioned) has moved to Bristol for this year, to a larger venue than any of the previous ones, and has sold out all tickets.  I'm just glad I managed to get a ticket for this year, as I was too late for the last two.  I imagine UKPC is still a lot smaller than the likes of BronyCon, EFNW or BABSCon but it still seems to be going strong for the moment.  It'll be the first one I've been to, so I have no idea what to expect but I'm looking forward to it.