Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Princess Celestia's School For Gifted Ponies RP

Ginger Ale

(edited)

"Uhm... Hi everypony. I am your biology teacher. My name is Fluttershy." said Fluttershy.

mlp fluttershy nerd ile ilgili görsel sonucu

"Today I will introduce you Biology, " she said and began her teaching;

"Biology is the science of life. Its name is derived from the Greek words "bios" (life) and "logos" (study). Biologists study the structure, function, growth, origin, evolution, and distribution of living organisms. There are generally considered to be at least nine "umbrella" fields of biology, each of which consists of multiple subfields.

Now everypony let's look at the subfields. I mean if you, uhm want to. We can look at them.

There are nine different areas of biology that a pony can study. These are;

• Biochemistry: the study of the material substances that make up living things
  • Botany: the study of plants, including agriculture
  • Cellular biology: the study of the basic cellular units of living things
  • Ecology: the study of how organisms interact with their environment
  • Evolutionary biology: the study of the origins and changes in the diversity of life over time
  • Genetics: the study of heredity
  • Molecular biology: the study of biological molecules
  • Physiology: the study of the functions of organisms and their parts
  • Zoology: the study of animals, including animal behavior

mlp fluttershy nerd ile ilgili görsel sonucu

Adding to the complexity of this enormous idea is the fact that these fields overlap. It is impossible to study zoology without knowing a great deal about evolution, physiology, and ecology. You can't study cellular biology without knowing biochemistry and molecular biology as well.

Now let's look at the framework of understanding. All the branches of biology can be unified within a framework of five basic understandings about living things. Studying the details of these five ideas provides the endless fascination of biological research:

• Cell Theory: There are three parts to cell theory — the cell is the basic unit of life, all living things are composed of cells, and all cells arise from pre-existing cells.
  • Energy: All living things require energy, and energy flows between organisms and between organisms and the environment.
  • Heredity: All living things have DNA and genetic information codes the structure and function of all cells.
  • Equilibrium: All living things must maintain homeostasis, a state of balanced equilibrium between the organism and its environment.
  • Evolution: This is the overall unifying concept of biology. Evolution is the change over time that is the engine of biological diversity.

Uhm I would indeed like to talk about the history of biology but I doubt we have- (RRRRRIIIINNGGG- bell rings) time. (Fluttershy exhales).

Before you go to your break please make a research about living organism types and two examples for each of them. For example, whale and kangaroo are mammals. Like this.

Thanks for attending your first lesson everypony. You can send your homework here or private message @Ginger Ale .

Edited by Ginger Ale
  • Brohoof 1

Marrion walked out of the class room and headed outdoors to a quiet area and went into the doll as her body fell to the ground

She opened the eyes and looked around to see where she was, then she got up and started looking for the cafeteria to get something to eat. She could feel her real stomach growling and hoped no one could hear it.

@Ginger Ale A dark purple colt sat in the back as he watch everyone else left. He had the colors of Twilight Sparkle although they had darker color and a tone. He stayed behind, merely content with looking out the window and drawing on a piece of paper. He didn't really care if he would get in trouble or not, he heard the bell ring and then he simply glanced at Fluttershy. He seemed to be a rather shady and smug figure, although he was oddly silent and observant. Unicorn with no cutie mark. "Darn this all...they will all reap and sow...their ways flawed...no rebellion in their hearts...mindless slaves... they all are...all with fall before the brilliant Dusk Gleam..." he muttered to himself, Fluttershy certainly heard it though. His tone had a good degree to it, vaguely similar to that of Trixie's. He would rather starve than associate himself with those other foals. He wanted a friend though...

Edited by Radience
  • Brohoof 2

Prof. Duality Wave-Particle strides through the front door of the school, not with overt self-assurance, but in the focussed manner of a mare who considers punctuality a key component of professionalism, and prizes professionalism in her personal presentation above all save approachability. She stops dead in front of the reception desk to scan a hoof-held map of the school, somewhat crumpled from extensive use, and clumsily switches between consulting her immediate environment, her watch, her day planner, and her compass in immediate succession, manoeuvring them in and out of her saddlebags with the help of her near-prehensile tan wing feathers. Satisfied that she has arrived well in time to navigate to her classroom for third period, she begins trotting relatively sedately down the corridor to her left, muttering disjointed thoughts to herself, as is her subconscious custom, as she does so.

"Why are they grouping all their students together into a single class? Usually ponies prefer to have multiple classes switching from lecture to lecture according to different schedules. More efficient use of teachers' time and resources, that. And, as they say, 'don't put all your eggs into a single basket'. Heh," she chuckles, briefly entertaining the mental image of herself lecturing with an oddly attentive cluster of exceptionally large eggs in place of students.

"Ah, well, never did to question a princess. Let alone two. Or three. Or, well, I get the idea, don't I? Speaking of questioning princesses, I'm surprised they asked me to lecture here until they could hire a local maths teacher, given how overqualified a doctorate degree in mathematical metamagic makes me for teaching quadratic equations."

She pauses in her reflections for a moment to navigate a particularly singular knot of corridors, taking constant heed to the indispensable advice of her trusty map.

"Maybe they'd heard about that little tiff that Professor Numismatist and that other one - what'shismuzzle, ah, Sigil, that's his name - were having over who got to sit to my left - or rather, who got to sit in the hallowed rumpmaimer of a seat that the legendary Sir Arkhon used to sit in. Supposedly. According to his half-sister's niece's great-great-grandcolt, who's never actually stepped hoof in Canterlot because he reckons his ancestor's ghost's out to get him over a matter of him bribing a policegoat twenty years ago to get off a public nuisance charge. Sigh. You'd think that professors would have enough sense to try to actively avoid collateral damage to all and sundry within blast radius of their dispute. Lucky for them both that Numis' frankly disappointing attempt at a spontaneous-teleportation booby-cantrip didn't actually activate when I - oh, but I'm here."

Duality fumbles with her uncooperative saddlebags for her key, finally shedding them brusquely on the ground to rummage around in them with both forehooves. After several seconds, she emerges triumphant with key pinned between her pinion feathers, and swiftly proceeds to unlock the door and drag her saddlebags into her classroom clamped between her teeth. She empties them gently onto her desk and tidily arranges her various teachery accoutrements into the precise configuration of items that has proven itself time and time again over decades of lecturing at the Canterlot branch of the School for Gifted Unicorns.

"Oh, but here it's not just for unicorns," the venerable mare muses, prompted by the thought, "Won't that be a change. Ironic, it is, but I don't think I've ever taught pegasi foals before. Hopefully I don't have to tie them down to stop them racing each other around the classroom. Doubt earth ponies will prove any issue. Tend towards the stolid, steadfast, down-to - heh - earth types, even in their younger years. Now, what was it they said about this 'maths club' of theirs?"

She flips through her day planner, in which every detail of her life that had to be remembered for later was written, and stops at the entry for that day.

"'After-school maths club, you're in charge of it.' How blunt of me. Must have been busy at the time. I seem to recall they wrote me quite a eloquent letter explaining my role in that. Ah, well, I suppose it can't be too hard to arrange. The school would have put up enrolment posters, and all I have to do is stick around in the library until somepony who likes maths shows up. Seems I'll have a nice couple of hours of free time for reading, unless there are some seriously nerdy foals around here. Which may well be the case, of course. Anyway - stop mumbling to yourself, you senile she-horse, the students will think you're batty - I should have a wander around the place. Get acquainted with the layout and all that. Still got an hour 'til class starts."

With that, Duality exits and locks the classroom, bearing only map, compass, and keyring as she trots off to familiarise herself with her new school.

• Brohoof 2

@Duality
Marrion's doll walked through the halls, making sure not to get stepped on, until it bumped into a pony's legs. It fell onto its butt and instinctively covered its head where it hit as if it was in pain. Then looked up to see who she bumped into. She saw a mare with a map, a compass, and keys. 

• Brohoof 1

@reader8363

"... I mean, who would've thought that a zither could be used offens- ... eh? What do we have here?"

Duality ceases her casual pacing through random corridors to scrutinise the odd little toy that had collided with her cannon. She flinches back violently when the thing's head twitches to look at her in return - involuntarily retreating a hoofstep. Her thoughts retreat inside her head, a testament to the shock racing through her every synapse.

That's possession magic.

One of the Four Darkke Arts.

A strictly taught-on-a-need-to-know-basis arcane skill.

That nopony needs to know.

But... that's a foal's toy.

With the culmination of this split-second chain of thought, Duality begins to calm slightly.

Not designed for optimum channeling of magical energy.

Not designed for strength, resilience, agility, or any other useful quality that an advanced fantoccini might possess.

A flicker of relaxed thought - heh, no pun intended.

Therefore, either there's an insane master thaumaturgist with a morbid sense of humour lurking around the premises, or one of the students somehow figured out how to do it.

Hockham's Razor would suggest the latter is the case.

Duality begins her normal muted self-banter once again, having settled enough to consider that this was not so different from the oft-deranged magical incidents she deals with on a near-daily basis back at the Canterlot branch of Celestia's Academy. "Just like back home. Took me a bit by surprise, methinks is all."

She stops talking abruptly, remembering that whoever's consciousness is in control of the munted marionette is still watching her from the floor. Bending down, she addresses it directly, although not harshly, for the first time since she noticed it.

"I would advise you be slightly more subtle about using powers like this. Ponies tend to fear that which is different and unknown, and possession is about as different and unknown as it gets. If somepony other than me notices a deteriorating doll wandering on its own through the school, there's liable to be a panic. I would also appreciate it, although you are not in trouble, if you were to report to me before the end of today. Merely a precaution, you see, to ensure that you are, in fact, a student of this school and not some hostile sorcerer type."

Duality watches it, a healthy modicum of cautiousness still remaining, for its reaction.

• Brohoof 1

@Radience

After Fluttershy's class had ended then Treasured took his things and started doing his homework "Well first-day at there's already work to do." He said to himself writing while walking, "Well that's ok It's easy at least." Treasured kept thinking about that pony and changeling earlier and wrote down some info about them on a different page, to find them later, He then closed his notebook and looked around for a bit walking off. While looking around he saw a pony who, like him, didn't have a cutie mark while they appeared perhaps a bit shady, Treasured approached the unicorn. "Well hello there." He said introducing himself. 

• Brohoof 1

@Duality
Marion's doll turns its head to the side, then it got up and start walking off as it thought about what the mare said, Dark magic? How am I supposed to be able to do that when I an earth pony. After walking through the hall, she found herself and climbed into the bag. Then woke up

She got up, took the bag off and buckled it down before it happens again, Then she started to walk towards her next class.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Maple Bat said:

@Radience

After Fluttershy's class had ended then Treasured took his things and started doing his homework "Well first-day at there's already work to do." He said to himself writing while walking, "Well that's ok It's easy at least." Treasured kept thinking about that pony and changeling earlier and wrote down some info about them on a different page, to find them later, He then closed his notebook and looked around for a bit walking off. While looking around he saw a pony who, like him, didn't have a cutie mark while they appeared perhaps a bit shady, Treasured approached the unicorn. "Well hello there." He said introducing himself. 

The purple unicorn foal looked at Treasured for a second. He didn't say anything to Treasured yet. However he watched Treasured's every move.

• Brohoof 2

@Radience

Treasured tilted his head after a second he wasn't exactly sure what he was doing 'wrong'. "Uhh..." He felt a bit awkward. "My name's Treasured crystal." He smiled at the foal. "I walked over because you seemed like you were kinda lonely over here. What are you up too?"

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Maple Bat said:

@Radience

Treasured tilted his head after a second he wasn't exactly sure what he was doing 'wrong'. "Uhh..." He felt a bit awkward. "My name's Treasured crystal." He smiled at the foal. "I walked over because you seemed like you were kinda lonely over here. What are you up too?"

"Drawing." he simply said to Treasured. He stood rather proudly, and gave Treasured Crystal a good look over. 

1 hour ago, Radience said:

"Drawing." he simply said to Treasured. He stood rather proudly, and gave Treasured Crystal a good look over. 

"Oh, that's interesting," Treasured said sitting next to the foal. "What's your name? It's only fair that you tell me since I told you." He continued to smile at them not trying to creep them out rather just be friendly.

Just now, Maple Bat said:

"Oh, that's interesting," Treasured said sitting next to the foal. "What's your name? It's only fair that you tell me since I told you." He continued to smile at them not trying to creep them out rather just be friendly.

He showed Treasured his drawing. It was surprisingly well done. It appears to be Twilight Sparkle with the alicorn amulet on, him riding on her back. "Dusk Gleam. The GREAT and POWERFUL!"

Puzzle slunk into biology a little late after a good scolding from Princess Luna for his distractedness. He was unsure what to do and did not wish to draw attention to himself so he took a seat at the back of the class. He listened to the lecture desperate to get back to his ciphers but he knew that if he had to be spoken to again about the same issue his parents were sure to find out. So he did his best to take notes even though he knew he would likely never need to read them. 

On 9/1/2017 at 3:50 PM, Twilight Witch said:

He showed Treasured his drawing. It was surprisingly well done. It appears to be Twilight Sparkle with the alicorn amulet on, him riding on her back. "Dusk Gleam. The GREAT and POWERFUL!"

"Hey, that's not a bad drawing! I'm honored to be in the presence of someone so great and powerful" Treasured said playing along "I can't draw myself but I do like others doing it. Say what are you going to do, on your homework?" Treasured said as he levitated his notebook over to him "I was thinking about insects but I don't really know the categories of insects..."

28 minutes ago, Maple Bat said:

"Hey, that's not a bad drawing! I'm honored to be in the presence of someone so great and powerful" Treasured said playing along "I can't draw myself but I do like others doing it. Say what are you going to do, on your homework?" Treasured said as he levitated his notebook over to him "I was thinking about insects but I don't really know the categories of insects..."

Dusk Gleam looked away from the notebook, but he did smile at Treasured. "I'm not going to do that. I'll leave it up to mom if she wants to do it." he states.

In his unicorn disguise, The Changeling Will Guide quietly and passively sat through the biology lesson. 

Later....

@Maple Bat

Will got curious/supicious of the Navy blue unicorn with the tan mane. He followed him to where the blue unicorn was speaking with a purple unicorn foal about a drawing.

Once the subject of insects come up, Will decided to make his presence known.

"Pardon me," he said to the blue unicorn (Treasured). "I'm Will Guide and I couldn't help but overhear that you were thinking of doing your homework on insects. I might be able to help you with that if we can meet in private later. Let's just say I know a lot about insects and I am also looking for new friends."

Edited by WiiGuy2014

@Twilight Witch

"Oh, that's a bit odd," Treasured said he waved it off and started working...

@WiiGuy2014

A little while later a unicorn walked up spoke with Treasured "Actually I wanted to speak with you as well early before class started you were talking with someone about a problem. Come here." he said lightly walking into an empty room hoping the pony would follow him.

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Maple Bat said:

@Twilight Witch

@WiiGuy2014

A little while later a unicorn walked up spoke with Treasured "Actually I wanted to speak with you as well early before class started you were talking with someone about a problem. Come here." he said lightly walking into an empty room hoping the pony would follow him.

Dusk Gleam followed Treasured around, although he didn't really say anything. He kept his drawing with him though.

Bubbling Elixir initially had thought about ignoring the prospect of teaching at a school.  As she already been self-employed with her apothecary in Ponyville, she saw little need to have a teaching job.  And besides, she found foals to be quite annoying with their antics and messiness.

What had caused her to change her mind was the fact she could potentially hold a teaching job at a rather prestigious school known as Princess Celestia's School for Gifted Ponies, which she only had the privilege of looking at from the outside when Elixir was a filly herself.  Being near not one but three alicorns in the same building for extended periods of time could prove useful, as if observing them could somehow aid in discovering the alicorn potion.  And the best of part of it all, was one of the schools opened in Ponyville, meaning she didn't had to relocate all the way back to Canterlot.  The hours for her apothecary will be tighter and more limited, of course, but it will be well worth it.

The light grey unicorn had already set up everything in her classroom.  There were about ten, long tables in the classroom, which all had beginners' tools for alchemy tucked away in their shelves, ready to be pulled out for in-class assignments when they come.  At the front of the classroom is her desk with the chalkboard behind it.

If Elixir wasn't mistaken, she still has time before the students inevitably go into her classroom at some point, which will give her a bit of free time.  She didn't have any assignments for today--that will come tomorrow.  All she has to do is explain the class in some detail and give them their syllabuses.  Though there's very likely going to be that one foal that will not bother with giving the rules and list of needed materials a glance.  

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Maple Bat said:

@Twilight Witch

@WiiGuy2014

"Okay, just as long as we're alone, me and you. your name's Treasured, right?" Will asked as he followed the pony into the empty room.

Marion walked through the halls till she found her next classroom, then she laid down at a desk and switched to her doll to get some homework done.

The doll jumped down from the bag and scrambled out of the classroom. She paused at a classroom with three students talking, then she hurried past and through the front doors to get some place with animals.

@WiiGuy2014

Treasured nodded "Yes it is. I'm guessing you heard then." He said waving the fact he knew off not really concerned about the fact. "Might I be as so bold to ask who you are? Since you wanted me to walk into an entirely different room to talk it's only fair I get to know."

• Brohoof 1

Nature Tune was a shy pegasus filly who was observant and didn't take well to bullying. She was born an orphan. She entered the classroom a bit earlier than usual and sat down at a desk and  opened a book of animal facts and began to read. Nature Tune was fascinated by animals, which caused her to love them. She planned to become a zoologist when she grew up. She also loved to daydream and draw and read. It was also hard for her to make friends. I hope nopony notices about the power I Have which would make something random hurt them if they anger me . She clutched her locket which had a picture of her mom and dad in it. My mom and dad look like normal ponies. Why do I have this power? She went back to her reading.

Nature Tune had also signed up for the book club and the cooking club. She wanted to learn how to cook since who doesn't love food? Of course she went for the book club, being the bookworm she was. She also seemed to like their teacher fluttershy, she seemed to know about animals. I bet she's experienced in zoology. Soon she began to gaze and observe another filly sitting at a desk. What is she doing? she thought, confused. She closed her book and gave a sigh. I wonder what friends I'll make. If I make any at all.... She had always kept to herself, nopony had wanted to socialize with her, she wasn't sociable anyways.

She hoped someday she would have a PFF. Somepony who would trust her and not think that she was a monster. How can ponies think I'm a monster? Im just a filly. I do hope one day I'll be able to either protect Equestria or become a zoologist. Well, me protecting Equestria is probably never gonna happen, since I  Iack courage.  And i hope Ill be able to control that power of mine. That filly who was screaming something when she came in looked kind. I wanted to help her but she went to quickly. Then she saw a scenery of her happily playing with other foals, their faces all lit with joy. "Aah", she sighed dreamily....

Edited by Nature Tune