Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted How is this character?

Micah

The character sounds really well done. The key to making this character work in an RP is not allowing her flaws to make her come off as too umm emo I guess is the word. The design is there its the playing it properly that will be the trick. 

BTW she sounds like an interesting character to RP with you ever want. 

Just now, Jedishy said:

The character sounds really well done. The key to making this character work in an RP is not allowing her flaws to make her come off as too umm emo I guess is the word. The design is there its the playing it properly that will be the trick. 

BTW she sounds like an interesting character to RP with you ever want. 

Can you elaborate on this? I'm not completely sure how she is emo, so I'd love some tips! I was really hoping her backstory wouldn't be to much.

No, she is not emo as far as backstory goes. What I mean is her deep desire to be loved can make her come off as whiny or evil in an RP if you are not careful with how you play her. There is nothing wrong with the character at all. What I am saying is that she is complex and thus can be difficult to RP without coming off as one dimensional due to such a powerful flaw. In short, the character is great. I'm just saying when you RP her and wish to bring her flaws into it you need to take the time to ensure careful wording and plot development 

1 hour ago, Pangur Ban said:

So, a recent character of mine is Ruby Heart.

I'm looking for some feedback. Anything I should change? Add? Elaborate on?

A good one, you can add shading to legs if you want. Apart from it looks good. Tail is a bit short for me though but if you like it this way ,  it is ur OC after all.

1 minute ago, Jedishy said:

No, she is not emo as far as backstory goes. What I mean is her deep desire to be loved can make her come off as whiny or evil in an RP if you are not careful with how you play her. There is nothing wrong with the character at all. What I am saying is that she is complex and thus can be difficult to RP without coming off as one dimensional due to such a powerful flaw. In short, the character is great. I'm just saying when you RP her and wish to bring her flaws into it you need to take the time to ensure careful wording and plot development 

Oh, well she is supposed to be a 'kind of' evil in most roleplays, but I can understand that! She is more greedy for love like a changeling, though, at least thats what I was going for.

Just now, Ginger Ale said:

A good one, you can add shading to legs if you want. Apart from it looks good. Tail is a bit short for me though but if you like it this way ,  it is ur OC after all.

I'm looking for help with the character, not the art. Thanks though!

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Pangur Ban said:

Oh, well she is supposed to be a 'kind of' evil in most roleplays, but I can understand that! She is more greedy for love like a changeling, though, at least thats what I was going for.

Which sounds good. So long as you watch the wording it should be just fine. I have an open Rp or am game for new ones if ya ever wanna get this OC's hooves wet. 

Just now, Jedishy said:

Which sounds good. So long as you watch the wording it should be just fine. I have an open Rp or am game for new ones if ya ever wanna get this OC's hooves wet. 

I could start a new one, though I don't really like group roleplays.

6 minutes ago, Pangur Ban said:

I'm looking for help with the character, not the art. Thanks though!

Oh okay, include "personality changes" then. "Please change and give feedback" can anout everything hehe. No problem at all.

Edited by Ginger Ale
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Pangur Ban said:

I could start a new one, though I don't really like group roleplays.

Im good with a 1x1 if that is more your thing