Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

offering critique Designing OCs For You

Ginger Ale

4 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Sure. I already thought of it already.

He and Orchestral Bells (his brother) went to Celestia's school. When orchestral broke his horn with a powerfull spell, he went studying, but Orchestral was much more talented. He is jelous and stressed, because they now suspect from him he can what his brother always did. 

I want him to have shorter hair at least, if that is possible again. :)

Orchestral bells:

orchestral_bells___oc_by_hierok-dbg59ov.

Your art looks like its about to come off the page. How the heck do you do that? I can't even do passable stick figures.....

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jedishy said:

Your art looks like its about to come off the page. How the heck do you do that? I can't even do passable stick figures.....

The trick is simple. First I draw everything with the a pencil,so that you get this:

Spoiler

1500801907841-1939116922.thumb.jpg.f0c519b59e7003d436c46ba62e2d1d8e.jpg

Then draw with paint everything again, so then you get this:

Spoiler

I draw the cutiemark seperate from the OC, so you can make it the right size later.

• Brohoof 1

46 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Sure. I already thought of it already.

He and Orchestral Bells (his brother) went to Celestia's school. When orchestral broke his horn with a powerfull spell, he went studying, but Orchestral was much more talented. He is jelous and stressed, because they now suspect from him he can what his brother always did. 

I want him to have shorter hair at least, if that is possible again. :)

Orchestral bells:

This hair colors are better for him:

OC_Change.png.6897a9e9b08a49094bc6f0a7fa6bcf0d.png

You want blackish gray and purple on his brother's mane too? And what about the cutie mark can I come up with it or you want something specific?

• Brohoof 1

@Jedishy, this is him drawed. He's ready for a race. ^_^ If you want something changed, you say it. 

Spoiler

1503137511537-1693929507.jpg

35 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

You want blackish gray and purple on his brother's mane too? And what about the cutie mark can I come up with it or you want something specific?

Yes, the black and gray is for him, since Orchestral bells has red and blue. His cutiemark needs to have something to do with magic, but you may decide what kind of cutiemark. 

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 2

@Hierok Looks amazing. One thing I could use your advice on though. In my character sheet, I have the cutie mark bolt made of snowflakes. Do you think that would look good or do you think a few flakes around the bolt would be better? 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jedishy said:

@Hierok Looks amazing. One thing I could use your advice on though. In my character sheet, I have the cutie mark bolt made of snowflakes. Do you think that would look good or do you think a few flakes around the bolt would be better? 

Well, it is difficult to draw snowflakes, but I could give it a try. I already wondered about this, because I didn't know if the bolt was made of snowflakes, or that the snowflakes surrounded the bolt. 

Just now, Hierok said:

Well, it is difficult to draw snowflakes, but I could give it a try. I already wondered about this, because I didn't know if the bolt was made of snowflakes, or that the snowflakes surrounded the bolt. 

Well I did not picture like flakes as in the crystal structure but like white dots that you sometimes see representing them in cartoons. 

• Brohoof 1

24 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

Well I did not picture like flakes as in the crystal structure but like white dots that you sometimes see representing them in cartoons. 

Oh okey, that is possible. I was already busy, but it won't turn out like that. :D

Spoiler

1503138172719-1766926342.jpg

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Hierok said:

The problem with it is that I must draw real small. But it is possible I think. :dash:

LOL well, whatever you decide is fine by me. I am just enjoying seeing how others envision the same concepts I did in differing ways. 

• Brohoof 1

Hey, this might be an odd request, but do you think you could recreate this character into a pony version of 3d pony creator?

warhammer_40k___farseer_by_tauring.jpg

http://ponylumen.net/games/3d-pony-creator/

I am not sure if you want to work with the 3d pony creator, but just wondering :)

(also if you want to do it, it does not necessarily need all the armour parts and weapon, I am mostly referring to the actual hairstyle, face ears etc of the character.)

Also, i apologize if my request is a bit misunderstood (I have classic autism, wich makes me a bit hard to understood certain things.)

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

LOL well, whatever you decide is fine by me. I am just enjoying seeing how others envision the same concepts I did in differing ways. 

How's this? I personnaly don't like how it turned out, because the snowflakes are to large, but if I do it smaller, it will durn out as a point. :grin:

Spoiler

15031387156631182125937.jpg

Edited by Hierok

@Hierok I think I see now what the issues are artistically with my original concept of the cutie mark. Maybe a few flakes around the bolt would not only be easier but look better. What do you think? Hope im not being a pain. This is very educational for me. 

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

@Hierok I think I see now what the issues are artistically with my original concept of the cutie mark. Maybe a few flakes around the bolt would not only be easier but look better. What do you think? Hope im not being a pain. This is very educational for me. 

No not at all. I try to improve my drawing skills, so I explore new problems, and need to make solutions for those problems to make it work. :grin:

I think I give that a try, because this doesn't look like a bolt anymore.

@Jedishy How about this?

Spoiler

15031394642331506563539.jpg

Edited by Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Mickey Adaptus said:

Hey, this might be an odd request, but do you think you could recreate this character into a pony version of 3d pony creator?

warhammer_40k___farseer_by_tauring.jpg

http://ponylumen.net/games/3d-pony-creator/

I am not sure if you want to work with the 3d pony creator, but just wondering :)

(also if you want to do it, it does not necessarily need all the armour parts and weapon, I am mostly referring to the actual hairstyle, face ears etc of the character.)

Also, i apologize if my request is a bit misunderstood (I have classic autism, wich makes me a bit hard to understood certain things.)

I can try that but clothing won't be provided if you want to clothe I  can try with Pony.Town creator.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Ginger Ale said:

Hierok what do you mean? :S

Well, this kind of your threat and I posted maybe more thren I should have. I met someone who was really pissed about that. :grin:

15 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

@Ginger Ale LOL hope we didn't highjack the thread too badly. 

No worries take it to private message tho it would be faster.

7 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Well, this kind of your threat and I posted maybe more thren I should have. I met someone who was really pissed about that. :grin:

I am not mad at all. It would be faster for you guys though to communicate with sending private messages to each other.

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

I can try that but clothing won't be provided if you want to clothe I  can try with Pony.Town creator.

Don't worry, i don't mind if the clothing is not included, i mostly cared for the actual appearance, trying to replicate the actual clothing from this character would very hard in the first place xD

26 minutes ago, Mickey Adaptus said:

Don't worry, i don't mind if the clothing is not included, i mostly cared for the actual appearance, trying to replicate the actual clothing from this character would very hard in the first place xD

pony.thumb.png.4dda723de4a63ce0918367ef59d97d53.png

I tried my best. Hope you like it. <3

• Brohoof 1