Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How would you react to the Mane Six getting colt friends?

Azureth

I think it could be great. Just has to be done right. Might even make an interesting "holiday special" for hearts and hooves day or something. 

BTW am I the only one that misses holiday specials being a normal thing for cartoons? 

7 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Trying to get a colt friend feels cliched as heck. Having a coltfriend is an idea I wouldn't object to, but I'm not sure they could pull it off.

Agreed, I mean the idea could be fun and could be workable. But man they would have to be careful with how they write it out. 

I'd be pretty ok with that, as long as we get to see how the relationships develop!

Because seeing some random dudes popping up out of nowhere and automatically becoming Mane 6's coltfriends would SUCK SO MUCH.

Edited by Merion
  • Brohoof 3

Well if Bic mac get his s.p, then it's about time for the rest.

But hopefully not all at once. They should  just start with Twilight and this orange pegasus who everyone hate. :lol:

(sry. never watched eq.girls)

Edited by Crystal Peppermint
  • Brohoof 1

It could be a fun story once or twice, especially with Rarity or Rainbow Dash. But there's something subversive about the main characters remaining single which I like a lot, so I wouldn't want all of them to be in relationships. 

7 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

I don't really want to see Twilight with a boyfriend.

I kinda want to see her with a girlfriend instead.

Image result for sunlight mlp

Also this. Definitely this. 

I hate the concept of any of the mane six getting a very special somepony, even Rarity. Anypony else is fine.  Eq.girls is already pushing it with Twilight though.  The show is about Friendship love, not the other kind.

7 hours ago, Ragland Tiger said:

Let's be honest.  Do they really need them?  I think not...:orly:

Nopony needs to meet that special somepony. Relationships based on need are unhealthy any how. 

• Brohoof 1

I would be surprised, apart from Rarity we haven't seen anyone interested in a romantic relationship. Other than surprised, I could either be glad or upset about it depending how they handle the whole thing.

I think Rainbow Dash would be the best one on that situation, if only to watch all the reactions among the fandom. :D

I feel it could get in the way, since the mane six are central characters these coltfriends would have to be pretty major for it to be realistic. I think it's better if they just stick to having the odd side plot about relationships like with Cadance/Shining Armor, Big Mac/Sugar Belle and Pear Butter/Bright Mac.

13 minutes ago, DonMaguz said:

I would be surprised, apart from Rarity we haven't seen anyone interested in a romantic relationship. Other than surprised, I could either be glad or upset about it depending how they handle the whole thing.

I think Rainbow Dash would be the best one on that situation, if only to watch all the reactions among the fandom. :D

I think Dashie would have a painfully awkward start because she likes to deny anything even sorta girly forget anything mushy like love. That would create some hilarity 

7 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I feel it could get in the way, since the mane six are central characters these coltfriends would have to be pretty major for it to be realistic. I think it's better if they just stick to having the odd side plot about relationships like with Cadance/Shining Armor, Big Mac/Sugar Belle and Pear Butter/Bright Mac.

You make a good point with this..... hmm I doubt it could be pulled off without regulating the guys to "house husband" status. 

Why would the mane 6 need baby horses for friends? Couldn't they find males their own age?

Either way, no thanks. No need to steer it in the direction half the people who know nothing about already claim it is in.

Eh. I mean, as long as it's done right then I could get behind it. Thought to be honest I can't see any of them except Twilight, Rarity, and maayyyybe Pinkie getting into anything super serious/long term.

I see what you all are saying which is why I said perhaps just one episode exploring it. I think a Rarity episode centered around her playing match-maker trying to get the MS colt friends all while having shenanigans ensue could be fun. At the end you could have it where the MS all agree it's best to stay single.

• Brohoof 1