Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S07:E15 - Triple Threat

PinkiePie97

Did you like it?  

94 users have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy the episode?

• Nope. Not enough yak. YAK SMASH PUNY EPISODE!!!!!
    • Nope; needed more deer. >: (
    • It was meh; zebra is fine with that.
    • I liked it! The buffalo would've enjoyed it!
    • THIS EPISODE IS SO GOOD IT STARTED WARS!!!

Title: Triple Threat

Synopsis: Spike accidentally invites Ember and Thorax to Ponyville on the same day! Confident that the two new leaders will not get along, he does all he can to keep them apart and cover the fact that the other is there.

Airs: Today at 11:30 A.M. on Discovery Family

Okay, how is it that Thorax keeps getting cuter every time we see him? Pretty soon, his adorkableness is gonna end up being lethal. (then again, we've survived Twilight for this long)

Edited by ggg-2
  • Brohoof 5

Spike is Friendship Ambassador? YES! I, and so many other fans have always wished he would be! I'm so proud of the little guy!:proud:

And Thorax enters the episode before the theme song even plays, and he's getting more lovable in my eyes with every appearance!:wub:

• Brohoof 8

I called that a long ass time ago - the similarities between star ponies. Not that it takes a rocket scientist or anything. I predict they'll be revealed to be sister or cousins in the future. 

• Brohoof 4

So far, I've seen both Thorax and Spike do the cartoon gag of what I call, "Spinning Legs Zip". Their legs spin around in a motion like the fast spinning tires and then the character zips out of the scene!

Ember eating the gem bucket.

Why does that cute and hilarious simultaneously? XD

Spike: Dragons love gems.

Starlight: Fine. But you're telling Twilight what happened to her wall.

*scene zips to Ember eating the gem wall*

LOL!

• Brohoof 7

I thought that this episode was pretty good.

I can't believe that the cutie map actually called Spike.  First Starlight, and now Spike, I wonder who else outside of the mane 6 will get called by it.

It had some pretty funny moments in it, especially with Ember commenting on Twilight and Starlight's similarities.

Another interesting thing to not was Thorax mentioning his problems with his brother, setting up the conflict for To Change a Changeling.

• Brohoof 8

Time for everyone to overreact again, about how incompetent spike is, hooray

Seriously though, this is one of those episodes where i think that it's not really good for the plot, but at the same time is very fun to watch for the little things.

Spike feels kinda incompetent and has caused a problem that could've been solved in 1 or 2 minutes, especially considering so many say that he is the most down to earth character.

But at the same time, Thorax was absolutely adorable in this episode. I know many people like Ember more, but Thorax steals her spotlight, from the dragon fire part, to the comfy seats and to his awkward behavior. Thorax is a character i like more and more as time goes on. :)

Can't say more about it really. Can't say it's a good episode, but an episode i would consider a guilty pleasure of mine. :P

I better go underground to defend myself from the shitstorm.

• Brohoof 7

I liked this episode. I had fun seeing what Spike did to avoid Ember and Thorax from meeting each other while he tried to figure out what his friendship problem is (which actually had me surprised because I thought it just went by cutie marks), and I liked that Ember and Thorax sorted things out.

• Brohoof 3

Gotta say, it was kind of surreal seeing Twilight being the voice of reason for a panicing Spike, when it's usually the other way around. Although... this episode was a step backwards for the great characterization Spike's gotten for the last while, since there's really is no good reason why he thinks Thorax and Ember wouldn't get along besides because the plot says so. Because of this, most of Spike's scenes were pretty cringeworthy.

On the other hand, I enjoyed seeing Ember and Thorax's interactions, especially the adorkable moose-bug Thorax. It was also funny that Ember kept mixing up Starlight and Twilight, going as far to say they're virtually identical despite the fact that one has, you know, wings.

Maybe i was just hoping for too much, but this was just an okay episode.  

• Brohoof 7

So this episode went pretty much like those who feared it would be bad would go, though the pacing was a lot quicker than they probably expected.

But it turned out to be a great episode anyway because almost every line of dialogue was hilarious and the revelation of Spike getting called by the map was totally unexpected.

Also, Starlight is apparently the new voice of reason. She's replacing both Twilight and Spike! :orly::lol:

• Brohoof 4

It wasn't a terrible episode, but it was quite predictable - and painted Spike in quite a negative light.

That said, Both Thorax and Ember were awesome in this episode, its a shame Spike had to be made a buffoon to set up that situation.

• Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, Truffles said:

Also, Starlight is apparently the new voice of reason. She's replacing both Twilight and Spike! :orly::lol:

Eh, I wouldn't go that far. I'm just glad we finally have a secondary character appearance where she can't be easily switched out for another.

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 2