Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S07:E15 - Triple Threat

PinkiePie97

Did you like it?  

94 users have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy the episode?

• Nope. Not enough yak. YAK SMASH PUNY EPISODE!!!!!
    • Nope; needed more deer. >: (
    • It was meh; zebra is fine with that.
    • I liked it! The buffalo would've enjoyed it!
    • THIS EPISODE IS SO GOOD IT STARTED WARS!!!

8 hours ago, Nye said:

I don’t understand how the Cutie Map works anymore. I don’t get why Spike thought Thorax and Ember wouldn’t get along. They had never met, all he needed to do was introduce them and the problem would’ve been solved.

I don't think anyone really understands how the cutie map worked, even BEFORE GlimGlam messed with it. Twice :)

But yeah, Spike is usually the voice of reason, but seems to have been hit with the dumb stick this episode as a plot device. That sucks really...

• 4 months later...

Awww Spike's growing up to be just like his mother making lists and going into a panic meltdown when something throws those lists off. Lots of cute/sweet moments all around like Ember thinking the castle decorations were food and then mistakenly trying to apply that lesson to make friends with derpy by smooshing her cupcake against the wall. Poor filly need's a new cake stat.

I think my favorite moment though was the one with Ember trying to convince Twilight and Starlight they look similar and them having nearly identical expressions. If I'd been a pony near that situation in I don't think I'd have been able to keep from saying to them afterwards "You know I ddin't notice it before but she's right you two are nearly idnetical you could be sisters you're even glaring at me the same way."

• 1 month later...

I really like this episode. Sure, the situation is a bit contrived, but it's also really funny and both Thorax and Ember are entertaining to watch. I like how they both end up having to learn from each other and their conversation on the beach is really well done.

Score: 8/10

• 2 months later...

I enjoyed this episode, it was nice to see the interaction between Thorax and Ember and poor Spike who was so worried about them meeting. The moral of this episode was well explained and I loved Ember confusing Twilight and Starlight, that bit made me laugh so hard :laugh: 10/10

15 hours ago, MLPFanatic34 said:

I enjoyed this episode, it was nice to see the interaction between Thorax and Ember and poor Spike who was so worried about them meeting. The moral of this episode was well explained

I disagree; there was no reason for Spike to assume a meeting between Ember and Thorax would go badly, and I feel a bunch of Spike's character development and maturity was nerfed to make a plot point happen.

15 hours ago, MLPFanatic34 said:

and I loved Ember confusing Twilight and Starlight, that bit made me laugh so hard :laugh: 10/10

Hold on, they are different ponies? how can you tell? :D

• 1 month later...

I didn't like this episode at all. The story just doesn't feel natural at all, and I felt uncomfortable watching it. Also, I didn't find the jokes to be funny. :yuck:

If you liked it, that's fine. This episode just wasn't my cup of tea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Still a great episode. Thorax is adorable and Ember gets a lot of good jokes from not understanding Pony culture. Spike being called by the Map creates a lot more joke opportunities and makes an underlying tension that keeps things interesting. The jokes in general are really good and very consistent. 

The only issue is that Spike doesn't do anything aside from causing the problem. This is even lamp-shaded at the end. It's Thorax and Ember who end up solving the problem while Spike spends the entire time worrying. But that doesn't hamper things too much.

Just now, bigbertha said:

Still a great episode. Thorax is adorable and Ember gets a lot of good jokes from not understanding Pony culture. Spike being called by the Map creates a lot more joke opportunities and makes an underlying tension that keeps things interesting. The jokes in general are really good and very consistent. 

The only issue is that Spike doesn't do anything aside from causing the problem. This is even lamp-shaded at the end. It's Thorax and Ember who end up solving the problem while Spike spends the entire time worrying. But that doesn't hamper things too much.

Yup. They could have rescued that by there being some reason WHY spike would fear the two of them would fight; it would only have taken Twilight mentioning a historic feud between the two groups, and then Spike having a friendship mission would make more sense too. But no, they went with nerfing Spike for an easy plot hook.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Good episode I like it. I always like to see more details of this world and getting more about dragons and changelings is definitely something I value.  This is of course also I really Spike focused one which is good in my book. It was also interesting to see the map calling him. The morale here is nothing to big but I've actual met people who did this, so this definitely not a waster of time.

And I definitely liked the funny moments in the episode. But dear Ember don't waste Derpy's Muffins ever again :derp: