Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Spike is Friendship Ambassador

Will Guide

25 minutes ago, Hierok said:

I don't know. @MegaSean45 indeed predicted it, but I don't why he has to be and what he is doing.

It's not a matter of "he has to be" but more like he wants to be. The fact that he's been emulating Twilight for most of the entire series kind of speaks to him wanting to be like the pony who hatched him. It makes sense to me.

• Brohoof 3

I think its a great role for Spike to be Ambassador Of Friendship! It reminds me of when Lilo from Lilo & Stitch became "Earth Ambassador" in the sequel "Leroy & Stitch". It suits him well and as other bronies pointed out being a dragon may help other non pony species in the universe relate to him.  

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

So is he ambassador to both dragons and changelings? I heard the dragons part, but I didn't hear the changelings part. To Change a Changeling may or may not confirm that.

Funny, because in my head fanon, my OC, Changeling Will Guide, was offered the role of Changeling Ambassador by his old friend Thorax, due to C. Will sharing the body of his Unicorn host. 

Oh well, whoever becomes Changeling Ambassador in the canon show, I wish them the best of luck.

What do you think, @MegaSean45?

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

Funny, because in my head fanon, my OC, Changeling Will Guide, was offered the role of Changeling Ambassador by his old friend Thorax, due to C. Will sharing the body of his Unicorn host. 

Oh well, whoever becomes Changeling Ambassador in the canon show, I wish them the best of luck.

What do you think, @MegaSean45?

Iunno, we'll see!

Just now, MegaSean45 said:

Iunno, we'll see!

What do you mean by "Iunno"? Is that an Uppercase I as in "I ran for miles" or a lowercase l as is " Leo loves lions"?

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

What do you mean by "Iunno"? Is that an Uppercase I as in "I ran for miles" or a lowercase l as is " Leo loves lions"?

Iunno = I dunno

I'm just saying "we'll see"! ;)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Truffles said:

It's not a matter of "he has to be" but more like he wants to be. The fact that he's been emulating Twilight for most of the entire series kind of speaks to him wanting to be like the pony who hatched him. It makes sense to me.

I believe he wants to be, but what has an ambassador to do? :confused:

On one hand, this feels like the natural conclusion of his season 4-7 character arc. In 4, he worried about not measuring up to his friends, whereas in 6, he proved he could do great things just as they had, and now season 7 has him given responsibilities on par with his friends. It fits. 

But isn't he a bit young to have a government position? I know he's grown a lot since the show started, but in the pilot, he was described as a "baby dragon." He's very mature and does impressive things for his age, but still, it's a little odd. 

8 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

So is he ambassador to both dragons and changelings? I heard the dragons part, but I didn't hear the changelings part. To Change a Changeling may or may not confirm that.

It wasn't explicitly stated, but it makes sense. Spike is Thorax's close friend (presumably his closest within Equestria), and he came to Spike for advice. It was also Spike's befriending Thorax that got the ball rolling for the great Changeling Reformation.

3 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

But isn't he a bit young to have a government position? I know he's grown a lot since the show started, but in the pilot, he was described as a "baby dragon." He's very mature and does impressive things for his age, but still, it's a little odd. 

This is one of the more "interesting" aspects of the show. Spike is technically a child, but behaves more like an adult. His friends are all adults, and he mostly treated as a adult. He has proven that he's got what it takes. So why not?

It's also been in my head canon that Celestia had intended for Spike to help improve relations between dragons and ponies, and he accomplished this 30 years ahead of schedule! :D

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Hierok said:

I believe he wants to be, but what has an ambassador to do? :confused:

Spread Twilight's message of friendship is magic across the entire planet, and to all of its multitude of species.

Maybe he's a little small right now to do it full-time, but being a dragon in this role does offer him some protection from any adversaries he might encounter on his journeys compared to a pony. Heck, he was able to safely cross half of Equestria on his own and on foot without Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash intervening before he made it to the badlands where the dragons were migrating.

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Truffles said:

Spread Twilight's message of friendship is magic across the entire planet, and to all of its multitude of species.

Maybe he's a little small right now to do it full-time, but being a dragon in this role does offer him some protection from any adversaries he might encounter on his journeys compared to a pony. Heck, he was able to safely cross half of Equestria on his own and on foot without Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash intervening before he made it to the badlands where the dragons were migrating.

I see, but then I still wonder. We now have an ambasador of the dragons, but shouldn't we also have one for griffons or changelings, for example? This could really become a thing. :grin:

5 hours ago, Hierok said:

I see, but then I still wonder. We now have an ambasador of the dragons, but shouldn't we also have one for griffons or changelings, for example? This could really become a thing. :grin:

From the dialogue later in the episode, I took it as an explanation by the show runners that he is the ambassador of friendship to all species.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely saw this coming the moment he befriended Ember and Thorax. It is probably the best possible role he could have now, as it feels like a surprisingly natural progression of his overall role as Twilight's pupil. Now instead of just sending letters to ponies and helping her with her friendship issues, he helps with friendship ties between different species altogether. That is badass. The episode also showed that just because he is friendship ambassador, that doesn't mean he is now the perfect god of friendship either, as he still has his own lessons to learn. All of this really makes me appreciate Spike more as a character. Well done writers.

• Brohoof 3

On 20/08/2017 at 7:10 PM, Hierok said:

This could really become a thing. :grin:

All the other characters have had their story arcs completed, and what they are doing now is largely episodal in nature. However Spike's arc has just begun. It thus has the potential to become a major part of the show.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, zaighster said:

All the other characters have had their story arcs completed, and what they are doing now is largely episodal in nature. However Spike's arc has just begun. It thus has the potential to become a major part of the show.

Other characters too. I can see Trixie, Thorax and Spike really develop further down the series.