Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

About that gem cave where Rarity and Spike go often

FirePuppy

After seeing Rock Solid Friendship, something tells me that immediately following the scene where Pinkie and Maud Pie visit Rarity and Spike in the gem cave, right after the part where Pinkie leads Maud away, from there, begins the story of Gauntlet of Fire.

For one thing I know, Starlight didn't appear in Gauntlet of Fire, and Twilight didn't appear in Rock Solid Friendship. Don't also forget that episodes can go out of chronological order. So I'm sure there's a possibility Gauntlet of Fire could take place during Rock Solid Friendship.

Edited by FirePuppy

But Rock Solid Friendship's scene ends with Rarity about to cry and putting back the gems she's been collecting, while in Gauntlet of Fire she's just collecting gems, no sign that she's worried about their rarity, while being a lot more cautious since now the cave has bats in it even though there weren't any in Rock Solid Friendship.

This seems like a forced connection between the two, just because both feature Spike and Rarity collecting gems in the same cave.

1 hour ago, MegaSean45 said:

To Rarity, it's hunting for unique items for dresses! To Spike it's grocery shopping! That's why they do it together!

And it gives Spike an excuse to follow Rarity around. ;)

• Brohoof 2