• That was like a pack of flyders. Horrifying. -_-
    • That wasn't bad...just boring.
    • Meh; average.
    • I enjoyed it; not perfect, but fun.
    • THAT WAS LEGENDARY!!!!

Title: Campfire Tales
Air Date: August 26, 2017
Written By: Barry Safchik and Michael Platt
Synopsis: When their sister camping trip is ruined by Fly-ders, Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash tell Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo the stories of their favorite legends; inspired by the tales, the girls make the most out of their new situation. 

Episode Promo

Sooooo, long ago I used to do these episode threads. I had a fondness for doing these occasional 'Dad Jokey' type images, usually poking fun at speculation, the characters, pop culture or the MLPF community. So I figured, why not? 

1uessi.jpg

1uetd8.jpg

1ufcr2.jpg

1ufd2w.jpg

1ufdli.jpg

1ufdda.jpg

1uetnq.jpg

• Brohoof 11

Hype and Speculation from the Community!

img-2530452-1-tumblr_mw9qxhobDd1sr9xeao1

On 8/20/2017 at 4:01 AM, Ginger Ale said:

Another "Sleepless In Ponyville" episode yay! I hope they bring Luna again. In Scootaloo or others nightmares. Although it seems like more than a regular camping, they seem to fight with bugs. 

On 8/20/2017 at 5:49 AM, Jaspers said:

Now this looks like a promising episode - I liked Sleepless In Ponyville so I'll probably enjoy this one as well.

On 8/20/2017 at 9:52 AM, cmarston1 said:

This is an episode that I am really looking forward to, and I can't wait until next week.

On 8/20/2017 at 0:25 PM, Steve Piranha said:

I'm pretty sure we'll see the first glimpses of the Legends of Magic heroes in the show instead

23 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Wow, Discovery really learned their lesson with the promos, this gives you no idea what is REALLY happening in the episode, nor does it show any of the exciting stuff, much better than the preview where they, you know

Showed fucking Daybreaker, my friend saw that promo and was mad... really really mad.\

Anyway, I am very hype for this episode.

• Brohoof 3

• This topic was featured and pinned

I think that the legends of this one are gonna be the one matched with RD, AJ and Rarity: Flash Magnus, Rockhoof and Mistmane. I don't know in which episodes the other three will appea (my guesses are Meadowbork will appear in A Health of Information, Somnanbula in Daring Done and Starswirl in the finale). In any case from this point on the season is gonna be BIG.

• Brohoof 2

Thanks to @Jeric for starting this one up. Call this an experiment, but it's time to build up some excitement for upcoming episodes. :)

• Brohoof 2

49 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

*Episode 16! :P Not 15!

Fixed. I started writing these up when Triple Threat was stuck in limbo. 

Things to look out for in this episode:

References to Sleepless in Ponyville. 

References to the comics due to the tie in. 

References to future episodes. This is an interesting one, because several episodes this season have seeded an episode later down the line with an organic reference. This certainly isn't the first time they have done that, but now that it's happening we can make this an audio version of Where's Waldo! I'm betting they mention Zecora at one point. 

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Fixed. I started writing these up when Triple Threat was stuck in limbo. 

Things to look out for in this episode:

References to Sleepless in Ponyville. 

References to the comics due to the tie in. 

References to future episodes. This is an interesting one, because several episodes this season have seeded an episode later down the line with an organic reference. This certainly isn't the first time they have done that, but now that it's happening we can make this an audio version of Where's Waldo! I'm betting they mention Zecora at one point. 

As long as the episode can stand on its own WITHOUT knowing the comics, I'll consider the tie-in okay. Because reading the comics should NOT be a requirement to enjoy the T.V. show. It can enhance, but not be a requirement to enjoy the episode, okay? 'Cause I've only read 2 issues relating to the Legends of Magic and won't be able to read the others for I don't know how long.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

As long as the episode can stand on its own WITHOUT knowing the comics, I'll consider the tie-in okay. Because reading the comics should NOT be a requirement to enjoy the T.V. show. It can enhance, but not be a requirement to enjoy the episode, okay? 'Cause I've only read 2 issues relating to the Legends of Magic and won't be able to read the others for I don't know how long.

Im certain that they will be explained to viewers as if the comics didn't exist. There are far fewer comic readers than there are viewers of the show. 

• Brohoof 4

On 8/20/2017 at 10:21 AM, Jeric said:

A BUNCH OF DELICIOUS SANDLOT REFERENCES LATER...

limes-guy-why-cant-i-hold-all-these-references.jpg

On a serious note, I had not realized how much I missed you starting these episode threads, my man.  Glad to have ya back on some of these, no matter how long you stick to it. :D

• Brohoof 5

1 hour ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

I'll be one of those going in blind to the comics so I'll be able to see if the episode keeps the focus high without leaving those out of the loop. (The most I know is their names from other people referencing them on these forum, pretty much nothing else).

I watched "Fame and Misfortune" again and if you shut off your brain to the fandom parallels, the episode still keeps it's message clear. So if these writers can do it for something like that, I have no doubt the same mindset can follow this episode.

• Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

I'll be one of those going in blind to the comics so I'll be able to see if the episode keeps the focus high without leaving those out of the loop. (The most I know is their names from other people referencing them on these forum, pretty much nothing else).

I watched "Fame and Misfortune" again and if you shut off your brain to the fandom parallels, the episode still keeps it's message clear. So if these writers can do it for something like that, I have no doubt the same mindset can follow this episode.

Good, I look forward to your comic book-free thoughts on the episode once it's aired.

• Brohoof 1

I really hope this will be the last time the Crusaders will have an adventure with their big sisters, so we all might as well have fun with that adventure while it lasts.

By the way, the Equestria Girls' Crusaders have recently gotten an animated short with Pinkie Pie (The Canterlot Movie Club).

10 hours ago, FirePuppy said:

I really hope this will be the last time the Crusaders will have an adventure with their big sisters, so we all might as well have fun with that adventure while it lasts.

All of them together, or one off episodes that pairs a specific CMC with their respective big sister? I just want to know what I am going to specifically disagree with before I do, because each of those options has a completely different rebuttal. 

• Brohoof 4

12 hours ago, Jeric said:

All of them together, or one off episodes that pairs a specific CMC with their respective big sister? I just want to know what I am going to specifically disagree with before I do, because each of those options has a completely different rebuttal. 

Both -- at least except for Scootaloo learning to fly, but that's it.

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

Both -- at least except for Scootaloo learning to fly, but that's it.

And miss out on one of the series most profound and emotionally authentic elements that simultaneously showcases a comparative familial dynamic? I knew that you eschewed good story in favor of some sort of cosmic character parity, but I didn't realize how deep you avoided thematic sublimity.

Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. 

• Brohoof 4

@Jeric

Moving, cuz you know why. ;)

All right in a few hours it will be time for another premiere! Get your pony hype going! :D

• Brohoof 2

Fifteen minutes y'all! Ready the stored while we watch Spike panic! :D

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Fifteen minutes y'all! Ready the stored while we watch Spike panic! :D

Hey. Here is an idea to calm down the young dragon. Just drop Spike off at Sweet Apple Acres to help Big Mac and Granny out on the farm for the day ... what could possibly go wrong?

1urqhs.jpg

• Brohoof 3

Flyders...a nightmare in physical...animated form. ._.

• Brohoof 5

Holy cheese... this episode is already off to an amazing start!  Great continuity?  Check.  Awesome sister dynamics which make the individual characters themselves all the more endearing for it?  Check.  Creepy-as-hell new creature we've never seen before that's going to buck up the whole trip?  Check... wait, what? :blink:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

Flyders...a nightmare in physical...animated form. ._.

Flyders vs Paraspites death battle must now be a thing!

• Brohoof 5

On 8/20/2017 at 2:04 PM, KH7672 said:

This is probably the least spoilery sneek peek I've ever seen. I bet all this happens before the theme song. I can see it now:

The episode opens with them in the middle of camping (no need to establish why thanks to Sleepless in Ponyville) They talk a little, maybe give some exposition. When suddenly the bugs (I think I heard somewhere they were flyders) attack. They get bitten and swarmed trying to escape when Dash draws their attention to the cave. Scootaloo says her line but looks back and we get a close up of the bugs. This scares her more as she runs in and the bugs swarm the screen as a transition to the theme.

Then after the theme we open with them huddled in the cave and the real episode begins!

They really want to keep the stories a surprise and I can't wait.

So not everything in the promo was in the opening but I was close with my prediction.

Called that theme transition though!:D

Edited by KH7672