Did you like the episode?  

129 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• That was like a pack of flyders. Horrifying. -_-
    • That wasn't bad...just boring.
    • Meh; average.
    • I enjoyed it; not perfect, but fun.
    • THAT WAS LEGENDARY!!!!

Pretty nice episode, from what I was able to see. Wasn't able to catch the beginning or the end because for some reason my internet was instead being outernet. It was a nice mixture of a relaxed overall tone (minus the bugs) and epic storytelling that is filled with mystery, I always like those types of episodes when they are done well and I think this one pulled that off.

Gonna watch it in full later but I think I would give this one a solid A. Lot's of great expressions and interactions, nice stories and a chilled out atmosphere bring this one together for me. Well, chilled out except for Scootaloo, who was doing a new level of freak out for her. XD

• Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Sorry Jeric, force of habit. I can remove the poll I added. ^^;;

Nope, you saved me some time :D

• Brohoof 2

To everyone who had voted on the poll; I apologize. Miscommunication on my part. Please vote again. ^^;;

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, VG_Addict said:

Think Torch ever tells Ember about his glory days?

I wouldn't doubt it with how much the dragons love to flaunt their amazingness. Could be one of the many reasons why she was never fond of ponies, seems dragons and ponies have a very rough past.

• Brohoof 3

22 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Think Torch ever tells Ember about his glory days?

You sure it was actually Torch?

This show does have a history of rehashing designs, you know.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

I seriously felt nothing during that episode. All we had where 3 short stories with characters i couldn't care less for and that apparently only comics fans know, which i am not. I don't have any emotional connection to these characters. If they somehow are connected with the mane 6 or some of the other important characters, it would be okay. But this is just the writers doing one of their experimental episodes and this time it just didn't click.

Fair enough, but I want you to do me a favor. Rewatch this episode when the season is over and see if your opinion has changed. This is a 'seed' episode. We got four compartmentalized stories ... and three of them may be leading up to something later :)

• Brohoof 3

Just now, Jeric said:

Fair enough, but I want you to do me a favor. Rewatch this episode when the season is over and see if your opinion has changed. This is a 'seed' episode. We got four compartmentalized stories ... and three of them may be leading up to something later :)

okay, tell you what. If it actually DOES lead up to something good, then i will change my opinion. :P

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, Photon Jet said:

Once again, a great episode! I did feel the adrenaline in one of the Legends stories. Which one was your favorite by the way?

Rarity's. A story about sacrifice and compassion is oftentimes more inspiring to me than a story about bravery.

• Brohoof 4

I dunno about you, but I F*CKING LOVED THIS EPISODE!!! :love:

The stories of Rockhoof, Mist Mane and Flash Magnus...were AMAZING!!! :wub:
This would have to be my new favourite episode of the season if not the entire show ^D^

This is LITERALLY my face right now:

Id0sEsu.png

I know the episode just broadcasted, but can I watch it again? :D X'D :catface:

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 3

Just now, ChB said:

Rarity's. A story about sacrifice and compassion is oftentimes more inspiring to me than a story about bravery.

Agreed. They were all fun, but the symbolism and message in Mist Mane's story was poignant. I am also admittedly biased due to the fact it was a rare moment when Rarity's philosophy on aesthetics was explicitly stated. 

• Brohoof 6

4 minutes ago, ChB said:

I agree. It's a great story with a great moral behind it. My favorite one was Rainbow Dash's because her story featuring Flash Magnus was epic which is something I'm into.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 4

tell you what, if this legends arc will have any lamiaponies, i will give this arc an immidiate 10/10 :P

• Brohoof 2

-Rainbow Dash trying to eat yew tree berries, the bane of every kindergartner. Watch yourselves kids. Only experienced outdoorsmen and birds can eat those.

-You know you've been playing too much DD when you expect "mark target" sound after Sweetie gets hit by the flyder net. And they didn't bring any plague doctors or antidote to the weald. Nabs! Now watch their lives slowly burn away by blight!

-Luna Bay and the appearance of flyders ... Reference or Red Herring?

-Rockhoof and magic of ... earth ponies? He, like, aged? What is this, Shazam or Nanoha universe? Bring out the legal lolis!

-Mistmane is Rarity counterpart. Welp, guess I can check that of the "I was right" list. You did a bad writing job Silly Jeremy Whitley! That aside, this was the first episode where I actually liked Rarity.

-Flash Magnus is practically Rainbow Dash and she admits it. That's so Rainbow Dash.

-Dragons! Flanking and guard break! Learn them! You monsters need to be more proactive since you've all been nerfed into the ground. And when they escape into a storm cloud, evaporate it with flame breath. It works like a steamer: you neutralize your opponent and get a good-tasting meal with minimum effort. Nabs!

-Torch is pretty old. He was a big and grumpy geezer even before the founding of Equestria. Are dragons like elves? Do they age super slowly? Is Ember actually really old by pony standards? Who stole the capers? So many questions!

• Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, A.V. said:

How can we be sure that was even Torch?

We've seen other Dragons with similar designs (e.g., Dragonshy and Owl's Well That Ends Well), after all.

I think it's safe to assume it was him since Dragons are extremely long lived. 

• Brohoof 5

4 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Is it just me, or was Rainbow annoying in this episode?

A bit. The act of her flaunting her ego is intended to be comical, but it's getting pretty old, at this point. 

It was foolish of her to block the entrance, but I agree with King Clark that it was in-character.

Edited by ChB
  • Brohoof 2

So I said I never read the comics with these legends so how did the episode fair to keep just a show watcher engaged?

I loved it!

Well, I wouldn't say it's my favorite but as just a regular show watcher there was some great writing going on here. One of the biggest problems you can run into is the framing device for these kind of stories. Like the worst thing they could have done is "Hey girls let's tell stories. I'm gonna tell this random one because we need to give winks to the comic readers and no other reason." I loved how the legend each one told related to the storyteller in a believable way and with things like Mistmane was brought on topic by their conversations (although seriously Sweetie can you not act like a mini-Rarity right now?:unamused:) Also, at first I was kind of annoyed at them interjecting into the stories at points but then I thought more about it actually makes the framing device even more believable because now we see the interest in the characters stories because all too often these kind of premises fall into the trap of only telling the story to the audience and the framing device can just be disregarded, but not here!

The Legends themselves were good...just a little concise at time. In order from most to least favorite it would be Mistmane, Flash, Magnus then Rockhoof. Mistmane was the best because it had so much going on, from action, to quite moments to emotions, it felt full even with a moral to boot. Flash Magnus was also fun with the action and character moments just more of a snippet of his life than a full story like Mistmane's. (Also sorry Turnabout Storm, looks like pegasi can survive lightning strikes:dry:) Least was Rockhoof probably because there was no immersion into the story where the characters talked, just AJ narrating, and the legend was just too fantstical with the sudden transformation (probably in the comics). Still Apple Blooms enthusiasm did help make it feel full enough.

I can't say it's really gotten me to want to read the comics but like I said even if I didn't know about the ties to the comics the legends never felt out of place in the episode. And again that isn't an insult to the comics or episode either, in fact I don't feel a need to read the comics because I feel the episode gave me just enough to feel to the characters (thanks to the parallels between AJ, Rainbow, and Rarity) and understand their stories so that if they show up again, I'll be sufficiently informed.

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 2

57 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

Holy cheese... this episode is already off to an amazing start!  Great continuity?  Check.

While I liked the continuity, they did mess up the timeline by implying the time they did this last year was the time Scootaloo was having all the bad dream issues, which actually took place a number of years ago. If the Crusaders didn't have their marks, one could say this episode took place in the past, but the foreshadowing doesn't really allow for that, either.

Just now, Jeric said:

I think it's safe to assume it was him since Dragons are extremely long lived. 

Plus, it's just more fun to connect the characters in these stories to the existing continuity of show. It's a win-win situation! :D

• Brohoof 3

8 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Is it just me, or was Rainbow annoying in this episode?

Not if you like the character. Everything she displayed is inherently part of who she is. She has always had, and always will have, a high opinion of herself. They should do an episode about that not being a bad thing. Maybe even make a song about it. Heck get the whole Mane Six involved in the song. 

:orly:

• Brohoof 9