Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is the best fighting game franchise? (poll)

Mesme Rize

best fighting game franchise  

16 users have voted

1. 1. Best fighting game

• Arcana Heart Series
    • Blazblue Series
    • Darkstalkers Series
    • Fatal Fury Series
    • The King of Fighters Series
    • Capcom versus Series
    • Mortal Kombat Series
    • Street Fighter Series
    • Killer Instinct Series
    • Super Smash Bros Series
    • Soul Series
    • Tekken Series
    • Samurai Shodown/Spirits series
    • Dead or Alive Series
    • Virtua Fighter Series
    • Guilty Gear Series

As some of you might know, i am into fighting games. Some people say that shooters are the most competitive multiplayer games you can find, but for me Fighters just stump them all.

So i was wondering, what are your favorite fighting franchises? I took the ones that are the most relevant and some underrated franchises that i consider very good. Don't hang me if i left out a franchise that you might like. I am only human. D:

You can also choose more then one franchise you like. ;)

• Brohoof 2

Capcom Vs and Smash is at the top for me, but if I had to choose between the two, I think Smash just barely edges it out

i'm not really that into fighting games but when "Virtua Fighter 5" came out my brother got it and I got really good at it ¦) I always used "Lei Fei" and I managed to get a 188 kill streak online ¦D (highest kill streak I think I have ever got on anything) I even managed to beat the silver women three times in a row with a perfect ¦D

• Brohoof 1

Blazblue is probably my favorite fighting game franchise of all time. My favorite fighting game, however, is Skullgirls. :catface:

As far as the competitive scene goes, I tend to take the most enjoyment out of watching the most fast-paced, crazy-looking games like the Marvel vs Capcom series, some of the Aksys games like Blazblue and Guilty Gear, and Skullgirls too. In my opinion, I find the classic games like Street Fighter somewhat boring to watch. That whole "footsies" meta - of patiently awaiting the perfect opportunity to slowly poke your enemy to death - isn't very appealing to me...

Now in a game like MvC, for instance, if you zone out for a second, you'll think you're watching a wacky new episode of Dragon Ball Z. The players just won't stop moving and jumping and throwing projectiles and everything and it's just SO FUN TO WATCH!!

...Then again, I don't know much about the competitive fighting game community; I just like watching tournaments every now and then. But yeah, I really like Blazblue, though.

Edited by Driz

14 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

As a filthy casual, I would have to say that Smash Bros is my favorite.

I think there is a more classier way to say this.

599b61bf56e6d_Lol40timeswhatdoeshehaveagirlfriendor_6915c06856fbb98038df3bfc036636e8.jpg.228978665ba2d39a41793fd3423657bf.jpg

:P

• Brohoof 1

Just now, WiiGuy2014 said:

What? you don't like Super Smash Bros.? :huh:

i was joking...

• Brohoof 1

Virtua Fighter 5 is one of the most satisfying fighting games of all time and the attention to detail in the fighting styles and the on point hitboxes makes it the overall winner for me. Smash Bros gets 2nd place for as it is pure fun and a Nintendosplosion of craziness. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm a bit biased about Tekken, since it's the game I used to play as a kid:^)