Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Seeking help for a RP

Krashface

Hey there to all.

I was thinking for the future to make a RP, but I need help for some tips about actually not for creating the "backstory" of the RP, but most for understand to guide a RP, since I'm new to this kind of... stuff ? Game ? Multi-hand story ?

Anyway, I have in mind the story of this RP, the villain and what should happen, but I really get into anxiety thinking of actually start it, since I don't know what a DM should do.

I'm actually reading other's open RPs to understand how RPing goes, but, long question shorts: how the DM and the Player(s) decide what to do? does they send MPs to each others or find themselves on the internet (or just in the OOC section) ? They post the ACTUAL action in the RP section and discuss in the OOC section what will happen to their characters ?

Yeah, I'm just that confuse about RPing.

any kind of help is welcomed.

Well, it depends.

In 1x1 there's a possibility of having a PM conversation about the RP, but it could be as well taken to the OOC thread. Group roleplays rely on the OOC more.

Basically, the players are free to act however they see fit on the micro scale, but the macro scale is pre-decided whether there is a DM or they just hash things out as needed in the OOC. If a DM us present,  they will tell the players about the locations, play NPC'S and keep his cards close go his medals about the larger scheme he planned. If the DM is not present,  the players themselves flesh out the locations, and choose who does any given NPC. They may also plan the whole story in the OOC, thus the element if mystery is gone but at least they make major decisions as a group.

Check out the ill fated USS Luna as an example of a DM led group RP. Canterlot Noire can be an example of a DM-less group RP. As for 1x1... try Order of the Flower. All of the above have live OOC threads where you can see how the RP is made.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Raven Rawne said:

Well, it depends.

In 1x1 there's a possibility of having a PM conversation about the RP, but it could be as well taken to the OOC thread. Group roleplays rely on the OOC more.

Basically, the players are free to act however they see fit on the micro scale, but the macro scale is pre-decided whether there is a DM or they just hash things out as needed in the OOC. If a DM us present,  they will tell the players about the locations, play NPC'S and keep his cards close go his medals about the larger scheme he planned. If the DM is not present,  the players themselves flesh out the locations, and choose who does any given NPC. They may also plan the whole story in the OOC, thus the element if mystery is gone but at least they make major decisions as a group.

Check out the ill fated USS Luna as an example of a DM led group RP. Canterlot Noire can be an example of a DM-less group RP. As for 1x1... try Order of the Flower. All of the above have live OOC threads where you can see how the RP is made.

Thanks, mate.