Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Display Name History

SparklingSwirls

One thing that I found helpful before the whole forum update was the "Display Name History" option that could be found on members' profiles. As far as I know, this option isn't available on the new forums (but if it is, please let me know where I can find it!) 

I found this feature to be very useful because some members like to change their names a lot, and it can be confusing when you're trying to figure out who's who. Any chance that something like this would be added back in the future?

Thanks!

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I believe that was a custom plug-in on the old forum that doesn't have an updated version for the new forum. 

And in looking it up, now I know why there isn't an updated version. They added that feature to the native codebase, but had it off as a default. I'm re-enabling it now. Give it a bit of time to show up as I have to crunch through all the user group permissions to add it to the relevant ones.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Fhaolan said:

Yeah, I believe that was a custom plug-in on the old forum that doesn't have an updated version for the new forum. 

And in looking it up, now I know why there isn't an updated version. They added that feature to the native codebase, but had it off as a default. I'm re-enabling it now. Give it a bit of time to show up as I have to crunch through all the user group permissions to add it to the relevant ones.

Awesome. Thanks so much for looking into it!

• Brohoof 2