Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Programs

Hierok

I currently using musescore for making music, but the sound is too elektronic and I can't use rallentando's and accelarando's and such. Does anybody here have a better program that is like musescore? :twi:

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

I have heard FL Studio (FruityLoops Studio). I cant remember if it was only for remixes or music making though. :please: Hope it helps. 

I will check it out.

6 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

I have heard FL Studio (FruityLoops Studio). I cant remember if it was only for remixes or music making though. :please: Hope it helps. 

I looked at it, but I need to use a keyboard or something to make it. 

I'm more searching for a program where you can change and write the music, and mostly for orchestra. But I will remember this one. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Musescore; similar to noteflight it soley about compsing pieces of music or notation pieces into tradidtional music notation. It's not to create the actual sound itself the instrument sounds on those programs are more for reference than for a finished piece. If you're looking to create a high quality sounding orchestral piece of music then you unfortunalety will be looking to fork out a little bit of money as the required software is quite pricey for starters you'll need a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) Like the before metioned FL Studio in which to compose in and on top of that will have to purchase what we call "Plugins" desigened for orchestral sounds such as EWQL Symphonic Orchestra

Spoiler

Here's a good idea of what EWQL Sounds like :P

Another good example of a good plugin for this is Kontact which requires the further purchase of Kontact libraries which can get quite pricy but will give you the simply most realistic sound you can get electronically.

Don't let all this talk of BIG PRICES and SPEND SPEND SPEND scare you away from trying to do what you're trying to do though if you look around enough there is definately some cheaper options, some of the big orchestral plugins even have demo options if you're wanting to try it out and see if its for you. There are probably people here such as @C. Thunder Dash who can give you a much better opinion down this sort of branch than I can so definatley seek a second opinion :P

If you ware however just looking to compose sheet music for later performance then my old music teacher always reccomended noteflight :P

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Vinyl Scratch. said:

Musescore; similar to noteflight it soley about compsing pieces of music or notation pieces into tradidtional music notation. It's not to create the actual sound itself the instrument sounds on those programs are more for reference than for a finished piece. If you're looking to create a high quality sounding orchestral piece of music then you unfortunalety will be looking to fork out a little bit of money as the required software is quite pricey for starters you'll need a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) Like the before metioned FL Studio in which to compose in and on top of that will have to purchase what we call "Plugins" desigened for orchestral sounds such as EWQL Symphonic Orchestra

Hide contents

Here's a good idea of what EWQL Sounds like :P

Another good example of a good plugin for this is Kontact which requires the further purchase of Kontact libraries which can get quite pricy but will give you the simply most realistic sound you can get electronically.

Don't let all this talk of BIG PRICES and SPEND SPEND SPEND scare you away from trying to do what you're trying to do though if you look around enough there is definately some cheaper options, some of the big orchestral plugins even have demo options if you're wanting to try it out and see if its for you. There are probably people here such as @C. Thunder Dash who can give you a much better opinion down this sort of branch than I can so definatley seek a second opinion :P

If you ware however just looking to compose sheet music for later performance then my old music teacher always reccomended noteflight :P

Thank you for sharing. I have already been searching for those programs, but I didn't find anything. And now I know why. :twi:

10 hours ago, Hierok said:

Thank you for sharing. I have already been searching for those programs, but I didn't find anything. And now I know why. :twi:

Yep, saving up for a workstation can really do you good. This way, you can have all your sounds already in your workstation you need. With a workstation, you can also create your very own programs, combinations and even setlists! I happen to have the Korg Kronos which is capable of doing all of the above. 

• Brohoof 2

I'd like to add that once you have a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) that is compatible with Virtual Studio Tools (VST) plug-ins, you can pretty much infinitely expand it.  Like for instance, Acid Music Studio (which I use) is one of the lowest-cost  DAWs out there, but while it has a very easy &  intuitive UI, it's somewhat lacking in the pre-installed effects & midi libraries (it comes with a ton of beat-mapped loops & samples though).  It is, however, fully compatible with VST plug-ins that allow you to add additional (and better) equalizers, special effects suites (speaking from a strictly technical standpoint, AutoTune is a BIG VST plug-in that you can use with most compatible DAWs like Acid, Pro Tools, FL Studio, etc) and even virtual instruments, such as emulators for various synthesizers (including an awesome FREE Roland Juno 60 emulator that I use a lot) or virtual horns/strings that range from reasonably decent (for lower cost/free ones) to virtually indistinguishable from the actual instruments (those tend to be a bit salty, price-wise)

One of my friends who does audio production gave me this link to a bunch of free and legal VST plug-ins, which is where I got my TAL U-No 62 (the aforementioned Roland Juno 60 synth emulator) and the Mono Fury synth that I've been using a lot lately (Some of the links are dead and/or the downloads are no longer available, but what's still there is generally worth it):  http://bedroomproducersblog.com/free-vst-plugins/

Here is a short, but to the point tutorial on how to install VST plug-ins into the Windows Global VST library:  YouTube Tutorial on Installing VST plug-ins

The best part is, once you install into that global folder, you can access it with any DAW that uses VST plug-ins, even if you decide to upgrade your DAW or even switch to a completely different program....  You can also find some decent free plug-ins by either searching Google or YouTube for "Free VST _____ Plugin" (where blank can be Instrument, Horns, Parametric Equalizer, etc).  I generally search YouTube because they usually have a demo video showing how it actually works/sounds so you can determine if it suits your needs before downloading & installing it.  Some of the commercial plug-ins that aren't too horribly expensive can be totally worth the money though, like this one Moog Synthesizer plug-in I'm planning on getting that costs almost 3x as much as I paid for Acid Studio 10, but it is licensed by the original Moog Synth manufacturer, so it sounds just like the real thing.... 

I hope this helped out a bit, and I can post some screenshots of some of my projects if you'd like.

• Brohoof 1