Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

news Hurricane Harvey Discussion Thread

Denim&Venöm

So hurricane Harvey is hitting the Texas coat, looking to make landfall at Corpus Christi as a Category 4. I'm amazed at just how rapidly this thing grew in intensity. In just 24 hours, it nearly doubled in strength. 

harvey-modis-aug25-850px.png

Edited by Denim&Venom

I wish anypony in Texas safety and a return to normality swiftly. As far as any other discussion what shall we talk about? Hurrican safety? Storm prepping? Just curious as to where we can take this. 

• Brohoof 1

It's probably just going to be a lot of rain like it always has been, I am not afraid :proud: .  Also I'm not on the coast tho:wacko: 

It did pour a little bit a while ago :wacko: .

Edited by Wacko Wolf

I've got a bunch of storm chasing buddies down in Galveston and Corpus right now, and some of the videos/streams I've been seeing on my facebook feed are insane. As a storm chaser myself, I love seeing powerful storms, the beautiful cloud structures, and the amazing lightning shows that often accompany the worst of them (and tornadoes if I'm lucky). But I never wish to see a powerful storm go through a town or a city, and to chase a hurricane willingly takes the kind of nerves that I simply don't have. I hope everyone makes it through this storm, because it's currently looking to be one for the record books.

My grandma had to evacuate her house a couple of days ago(she may not have a home to come back to when it's finished. She lives fairly close to where the eye is now, and where she lives is supposed to get hit with 4 feet of rain). It really sucks to be honest.

Really hope that it doesn't get too much worse... Here where I am it's supposed to rain a couple of feet already through Tuesday.

Kinda popping in here to let you know that Troblems (or Fresh Nonsense) is ok at the moment. 

Been through my share of these fuckers, so I'm with you all in spirit. 

• Brohoof 2

That's awful man. I'm so sorry to see this happen to people.

Hopefully we can all keep politics out of this and focus on supporting and helping one another.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I was supposed to fly into Houston on September 1st, but if Hobby Airport stays closed, looks like I'm not flying in.

Stay strong, citizens of Houston. You'll get through this.