Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler So that Staff of Storm kings... (Spoiler)

Unlikeable Pony

Of course it is, and maybe that is why he send Tempest instead of himself. As the tree is connected to the elements, and his staff is part of the tree, then he maybe can't hurt the mane 6. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Now this is a really interesting idea. It makes me wonder, can it be used against the elements of Harmony IE the mane 6? I suppose with enough corruption it can be. What are the extent of its powers? It definitely raises some questions but it is a cool idea. I also like that the design was changed to reflect its origin. This is actually one of the more interesting concepts I have seen from the movie thus far.

11 hours ago, Hierok said:

Of course it is, and maybe that is why he send Tempest instead of himself. As the tree is connected to the elements, and his staff is part of the tree, then he maybe can't hurt the mane 6. :twi:

Makes sense to me. Have Tempest go in and petrify the Princesses that are no longer or never were bound to the Elements of Harmony, but leave Twilight alone, knowing that the staff is tied to the Tree of Harmony, thus would never hurt her, or allow her to be harmed due to her status as the Element of Magic.

Storm King might possibly need her to actually control the staff after the transfer of the Princesses' magic to it, and thus leave the other Princesses either petrified, or have Tempest return them to normal to witness Equestria's downfall like he did with past conquests like Capper's homeland.

• Brohoof 2

Me: "What can you do that Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis, King Sombra, Lord Tirek, etc., couldn't?"

The Storm King: "I have what's practically a canon Element Of Disharmony."

Me: "...Yep, that ought to do it."

Edited by A.V.

18 hours ago, Kyoshi said:

Now this is a really interesting idea. It makes me wonder, can it be used against the elements of Harmony IE the mane 6?

Equestria girls has the EOH used against the mane six constantly (It almost comes off as a massive liability more than anything there); Sunset shimmer corrupted it, Gloriosa used it, Midnight sparkle corrupted it, Juniper Montage corrupted and used it...

2 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

I heard that originally, it was Scorpan's staff before the Storm King stole it! But for some reason, they changed it!

Apparently they wanted to cut alot of the pony continuity stuff out for the intro to the movie to make it as non-confusing as possible to newbies.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, TheZorotlThing said:

The thing is though how would Tempest and the Storm King know where the Tree of Harmony Is? Also the movie confirms that he had his staff before he got the Princesses magic.

Not sure that them having the Staff = them automatically knowing where the Tree is.

For all we know, it could've been taken from the Tree a long time ago, and Team Storm King could've simply found it wherever it ended up.

Edited by A.V.