Unlikeable Pony

Spoiler: Dragon lore and their biology

Recommended Posts

So, Its kind of interesting that dragons have crystal hearts that you can mine from them; think this might have be how the crystal heart came about?

Untitled1.png

  • Brohoof 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

That sounds really metal

the image was pretty metal looking; Kind of sad the Designs are more goofy fish people than the Elder scrolls looking creatures in the artbook.

Untitled22.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In what episode would this take place, and what is klugetown? 

That would be an awesome backstory tho. :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

the image was pretty metal looking; Kind of sad the Designs are more goofy fish people than the Elder scrolls looking creatures in the artbook.

Untitled22.png

What kind of draconic beast is that !?

And... why this version of the city couldn't be canon ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That sounds really cool.

I would be totally down with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

So, Its kind of interesting that dragons have crystal hearts that you can mine from them; think this might have be how the crystal heart came about?

Untitled1.png

Maybe that's why a dragon was guarding the crystal heart in the Journal of the Two Sisters :huh: . Never the less, too metal for poneh :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My lore dudes, it is not the concept itself that is intriguing but the possibility of its origin. Do you believe that this came out of thin air? I for one do not agree with this assessment. I believe that the dragon origin of the Crystal Heart is part of the covert MLP mythos hidden within the show bible. This could one day become an interesting problem for the Crystal Empire.

 

... But since this is FIM we'll likely get more "Pony X is related to Pony Y" and Random Ponified City/Country crap as part of that super duper worldbuilding effort H-Bro is telling us about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

18 hours ago, Krashface said:

What kind of draconic beast is that !?

And... why this version of the city couldn't be canon ?

I hope that they take some of the ideas they left on the cutting room floor and reuse them in the future; the simple concept of draconic hearts being valuable comodities opens up alot of lore potential, especially if they're possibly magic (crystal heart connection?)

To say nothing of a pony villain who's grafted a ton of magical beast parts to themselves to replace lost limbs

 

19 hours ago, Hierok said:

 what is klugetown?

Kludgetown is that Fish/furry people city from the movie.

 

Edited by Unlikeable Pony
  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 8/25/2017 at 11:34 PM, Unlikeable Pony said:

think this might have be how the crystal heart came about?

From the image of the concept art, it looks red while the Crystal Empire's heart is blue. It's big while the Empire's is small. Plus all the ways the crystal heart works, it would seem really weird that it has those powers despite coming from a dragon's heart. Like protection of its citizens through their hope when dragons only have fire breath as some kind of magic attack, and how it can only be repaired through a crystalling ceremony which would've been a weird evolutionary trait.

Plus in the journal, it seemed like the heart was found already that small instead of mining it down, and the dragon didn't see it as anything that important, just considered a trinket, and only didn't want to give it back because dragons don't share as opposed to it being an organ from one of his fellow dragons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

I hope that they take some of the ideas they left on the cutting room floor and reuse them in the future; the simple concept of draconic hearts being valuable comodities opens up alot of lore potential, especially if they're possibly magic (crystal heart connection?)

  Reveal hidden contents

To say nothing of a pony villain who's grafted a ton of magical beast parts to themselves to replace lost limbs

 

Kludgetown is that Fish/furry people city from the movie.

Alright. I was afraid I didn't know anything of the show. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Marimo said:

From the image of the concept art, it looks red while the Crystal Empire's heart is blue. It's big while the Empire's is small. Plus all the ways the crystal heart works, it would seem really weird that it has those powers despite coming from a dragon's heart. Like protection of its citizens through their hope when dragons only have fire breath as some kind of magic attack, and how it can only be repaired through a crystalling ceremony which would've been a weird evolutionary trait.

Plus in the journal, it seemed like the heart was found already that small instead of mining it down, and the dragon didn't see it as anything that important, just considered a trinket, and only didn't want to give it back because dragons don't share as opposed to it being an organ from one of his fellow dragons.

Hearts could have more than one color depending on a dragon. Dragons also come in different sizes. We don't know a lot about dragons and neither do ponies. The ceremony is the only way to repair the Heart known to ponies. And to say it's a weird evolutionary trait is like saying an ammonite fossil is a weird evolutionary trait. Perhaps the heart forms upon death. You only need heat, pressure, and a little bit of magic to compress a dying dragon's insides into a crystal core, and since they eat gems you already have all the inorganic components. Such trinkets could only hold sentimental value to those closest to the deceased and since dragons like gems it's not so farfetched for some to have shiny dragon remains lying around their lairs for the heck of it. Perhaps some dragons even actively make crystal hearts, if you know what I mean. Turf wars are always a problem for such greedy creatures.

 

Not saying this is true, but it is an example of a simple and decent explanation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

15 hours ago, Marimo said:

From the image of the concept art, it looks red while the Crystal Empire's heart is blue. It's big while the Empire's is small. Plus all the ways the crystal heart works, it would seem really weird that it has those powers despite coming from a dragon's heart. Like protection of its citizens through their hope when dragons only have fire breath as some kind of magic attack, and how it can only be repaired through a crystalling ceremony which would've been a weird evolutionary trait.

Plus in the journal, it seemed like the heart was found already that small instead of mining it down, and the dragon didn't see it as anything that important, just considered a trinket, and only didn't want to give it back because dragons don't share as opposed to it being an organ from one of his fellow dragons.


Could be the temperment/morality of a dragon dictates its colors-- Morally good dragons or dragons filled with positive emotions heart's glow blue while dragons filled with negative emotions have their hearts turn red.

the dragon's actions/morality/soul could also be what dictates the magical abilities of their hearts after death, such as a dragon that actually cared for others or protected others having their heart function with positive emotions while one that was greedy and selfish would react to negative emotions (Ala the Alicorn amulet)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.