Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Your favorite of the 3 legends  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Which story is your favorite?

• The Legend of Rockhoof
    • The Legend of Mistmane
    • The Legend of Flash Magnus

(Spoilers for Campfire Tales ahead)

The main focus of Campfire Tales was, well, the tales! The stories told by the 3 big sisters of the group. These were in this order: The Legend of Rockhoof, a story of willpower and determination, told by Applejack. Then there was the Legend of Mistmane, a story of sacrifice and generosity, told by Rarity. Lastly there was the Legend of Flash Magnus, a story of bravery, told by none other than Rainbow Dash.

What is your favorite legend out of these 3? Any particular reason why?

I think mine are both Mistmane and Magnus. I loved Mistmane's because of the setting and the overall theme of it, I just wish there could have been more to see of it. The story of Magnus was neat because we apparently got to see Dragon Lord Torch back in his younger days, though he still was a beast it seems. This is another one I liked the setting for as well but we saw the least of it.

The only problem I have with the story of Rockhoof was the ending. It was just kinda out of nowhere but it too had a setting that was neat to see.

• Brohoof 3

Just now, jackfettgames said:

I liked the Legend of Mistmane because it had the most detailed visuals and the most well-executed plot, at least in my opinion.

That makes sense though, given it's Rarity's story... how could it NOT look fabulous? :)

• Brohoof 1

Mine was Rainbow Dash's as Flash Magnus is my kind of character when he headed face-to-face with the dragons. These are the stories I'm mostly into.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 3

The legend of Mistmane was my favorite since it was the most interesting to me. The things about jealousy and sacrifice were pretty deep.

I'll go with Legend of Mistmane.   I loved the eastern like flavor it had from the design of the unicorns and ponies to the houses and just everything in the background to the front for the watcher.   Also, the battle with the magic dragons was just more icing on the cake.  The lessons told where deep in finding beauty and wisdom but also self-sacrifice and finding things deeper if take time to look.  Still,  all three tales gave us a peek into different area's into pony culture and history I would love to see more in the show! 

• Brohoof 2

12 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

@Kyoshi would you mind opening a voting poll about it? I loved Rockhoof the most his design is amazing when he grew up also.

That is a good point. i actually completely forgot about the poll options. XD 

I added a poll to the thread. :) I was tempted to add the Legend of Zelda but that wasn't in the episode. :P 

• Brohoof 2

Mistmane's one without doubt, and then Flash Magnus' one comes close second both were cool in animation, very action packed and with great lessons. Didn't care at all for the Rockhoof one which was... the exact opposite of the other two, and heavely damaged the episode to me. 

Hard to tell, i know that i like Rock Hoof the least

While mistmane was a very lovely story, i feel like Flash Mangus is my favorite as it seems closest to "reality" because i feel like what mistmane did was too extreme

I still love how she sacrificed herself for her village and defeated the unneccessary jealousy but i still thinks it's a little extreme.

Imma go with Flash Mangus

The Legend of Mistmane. Not only was it the best executed. When you think about it, it's kind of sad. Sable Spirit felt so jealous, shunned, and bitter that she has to rely on hoarding beauty in order to beat that self-inflicted pain away.

• Brohoof 4

Just now, Dark Qiviut said:

The Legend of Mistmane. Not only was it the best executed. When you think about it, it's kind of sad. Sable Spirit felt so jealous, shunned, and bitter that she has to rely on hoarding beauty in order to beat that self-inflicted pain away.

Huh, now that I actually see her name written out it's even more intriguing this is another "name implies destiny." Sable (if my memories of The Scarlet Letter are correct) is used to describe black clothes similar to the veil and gown she wore. So was she doomed to have a "Black Spirited" outlook all her life? Tragic indeed, but yeah Mistmane's legend was definitely my favorite too.

• Brohoof 3

Flash Magnus, because it had a little bit of tension to make it feel more exciting. I guess the Mistmane one has clearer themes, but I didn't feel those themes were super unique or cleverly implemented. I felt that of the other two as well, but as I said, the Flash Magnus one is a little more exciting. 

Mistmane had incredible artwork, good voice acting, wonderful designs and a unique action sequence, I loved it, absolutely loved it.

But, I voted for Flash Magnus. Mostly because his "battle" with the Dragons is the most well animated fight scene since Twilight vs Tirek, it flows amazingly well with him dodging fire, it switches from far 2d shots up close movements of Flash, it is really impressive. Oh and I like Torch.

Mistmane since I am more drawn to altruistic sacrifices in mythology and legends in general. The animation and backgrounds were also visually appealing. 

• Brohoof 2