Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Atheist Bronies: Meet, greet and mingle!

Yakamaru

2 hours ago, Hachiroku said:

Really? Last time I checked Jews tend to be atheists.

A Jew is not an ethnicity. He/she is a religious follower of Judaism.

It's like saying you're a Christian Atheist. It doesn't make any sense.

• Brohoof 1

On 9/14/2017 at 4:13 AM, Hachiroku said:

Is it me or is being an atheist super common these days? Like at first I thought it was odd but now I feel like everyone around me is one.

Well, it depends on where you live. I think the amount of people who believe in religions is drastically dropping in Western European nations like England, but I can't remember the statistics exactly.

In the US, the majority are definitely Christian, or some form of theist.

I mean, I've known quite a few atheists where I live, which has been quite a shock. But I have to look at it the very same way I have to look at political affiliations. I would 100% believe that my area was very liberal if I based it off of the people I know and have interacted with... But a look at my state during the last election showed that every single flipping county voted for Trump, and by a wide margin. And if enough people are voting for that nutjob, it says a lot. (every county also voted for Romney in 2012).

We tend to congregate with like-minded people without really even knowing it, I suppose... Because statistics would show that we're still vastly a minority.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Envy said:

Well, it depends on where you live. I think the amount of people who believe in religions is drastically dropping in Western European nations like England, but I can't remember the statistics exactly.

I mean, I've known quite a few atheists where I live, which has been quite a shock. But I have to look at it the very same way I have to look at political affiliations. I would 100% believe that my area was very liberal if I based it off of the people I know and have interacted with... But a look at my state during the last election showed that every single flipping county voted for Trump, and by a wide margin. And if enough people are voting for that nutjob, it says a lot. (every county also voted for Romney in 2012).

We tend to congregate with like-minded people without really even knowing it, I suppose... Because statistics would show that we're still vastly a minority.

The numbers of Atheists being created all over are increasing exponentially. In terms of percentages however, it's a slower decline due to birthrates.

The same way you often congregate with like-minded people, you congregate with similar if not identical race. In the vast majority of cases, anyway. I think the same-race pairings were sitting at some 75-85%, where you only get together with members of your own race. And that shit's in our DNA. We are naturally drawn towards members of our own race, though personal choices can and will override that natural urge.

If anyone's interested in adding me, feel free to send me a PM and I will send you my Discord info. I do not have that shit out in public. Note that I am straight, but I literally have no problems with getting close gay friends as well.

14 minutes ago, Envy said:

I live in the US, but I'm not a liberal. Liberals destroyed my state, it's a mere shadow of its former glory.

Countries in Europe aren't really that atheistic, in Germany the easternhalf is atheistic bc of the iron curtain but the rest of the country is either Catholic or Lutheran. Italy is pretty Catholic and so are Portugal, Spain, and Ireland. 

• Brohoof 1

Greetings party ponies in the place to be!  I am called Justin Case!  Ladies, form a line to my left for make-outs!  Dudes, for a line to my right for high fives!  I'm just screwing around.  That was all from Homestar Runner if anyone remembers that.  But count me in.  This is my kind of place.  I might post more later, but I can't think of anything else to say right now.

• Brohoof 1