117 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Pass me the Raid - Hated it!
    • < Spike's face of disapproval > - Disliked it
    • My feels have all been drained - Meh
    • Feelings Forum fixed my soup! - Liked it
    • OMG there are two Deer Bug Pones? SQUEEE - Loved it

"It might take slightly longer with Starlight..."

I swear, if Trixie ever becomes a princess, she shall be the Princess of Ego Trips! ^_^

Also, very nice to see that Pharynx still WANTS to be part of the Hive, and even recognizes Thorax (to a certain extent) as ruler, he just doesn't know how to cope with the changes.  He had authority with Chrysalis, purpose, everything made sense, and now it simply doesn't.  This is a far subtler approach to Pharynx's problem than I was initially expecting, I like it! :D

• Brohoof 1

Okay I got through halfway of Act 2 on a YouTube video, before it was cut off. So far, I'm enjoying it. 

But I can't really post my thoughts until I see it in its entirety. Expect my postings to come later this evening after my weekend job. Ok, guys?

• Brohoof 1

This episode is handling the issue at hand PERFECTLY!!!  The changelings have KINDA gone a little too... shall we say, tree-huggy, for lack of a better way of putting it.  OK, they're being a bunch of pussies, alright?  Well, Pharynx is the only one with any gonads left, and he clearly still cares about the Hive.  They just need to find a place for him in the Hive, which will also help them see what contributions he could give to their own lives as well!  Very complex and well done indeed!

• Brohoof 7

As someone who didn't mind the changeling reformation, I was actually looking forward to this episode.

I thought that To Change a Changeling was an entertaining episode.

For starters I really like the friendship between Starlight and Trixie, and this episode was no exception, and as a result they allowed for some amusing comedic moments.

I always like seeing locations outside of the same few we see all the time, so seeing the new Changeling Hive was something I was happy to see.

So yeah, I thought this was a good episode.

• Brohoof 5

Not what I expected, but really good nonetheless. I wasn't expecting a more slice of life style but that worked in its favor. Pharynx didn't ever come across as some evil changeling, just one with different views and I like that a lot. It was a lot different from what the promo made him seem like. I loooooved seeing the reformed changeling society. Pharynx's voice was also funny to me, he made some pretty hilarious sounds at parts. XD

A really good episode I think, nothing mindblowingly incredible but very, very enjoyable.

• Brohoof 2

So it seems transforming is more of an evolutionary thing. Pharnyx clearly didn't feel pressured to transform it just happened when he had love and felt love in return. That could have definitely been communicated better in the finale, but what a fantastic realization. I wonder if Chrysalis knew this and actively tried to suppress it?

Hmm.. actually now that I've heard a bit of Thorax's relationship with his brother, I might have to give my Changeling OC a slight rewrite to be more consistent with the show. Not perfect, just more consistent.

I actually loved what I've seen so far with his brother even with parts of the video I'm viewing being covered up!

• Brohoof 1

ah, how refreshing!

there seem to be so many episodes where the ponies do something really boneheaded and reckless, but things work out anyways, and then they ignore the leadup to the resolution...

but in this episode, they didn't let it go! thorax confronted them afterwards!  love it!

Edited by weesh
  • Brohoof 2

I really liked this episode. Great to see that Thorax is taking Ember's lesson to heart in being more commanding, like the moment he called out Trixie and Starlight. Plus, it's always nice to see the changelings again and to see the strides they've made in changing their outlook. The Feeling Forum moderator is one of my new favorite changelings now, next to Thorax and Pharynx. 

Pharynx had a point, though. Wanting to be nicer is one thing, but the changelings have completely forgotten that they used to be warriors and are now terrified of something like the Moleworf. Gotta say, Pharynx's an interesting character in that he's abrasive, but he clearly cares for Thorax like when he protected Thorax from bullies when they were kids. Not to mention is transformed design is possibly the best, still being colorful like the others, but with dark enough colors that he's still intimidating. And, yet again, changelings show that they can change into anything regardless of mass or whether it's organic or not. 

If i had one complaint, it was that Trixie and Starlight were kind of... lacking in this episode. Their interactions were hilarious as always, but they didn't really do anything except make everything worse.

• Brohoof 4

11 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

This episode is handling the issue at hand PERFECTLY!!!  The changelings have KINDA gone a little too... shall we say, tree-huggy, for lack of a better way of putting it.  OK, they're being a bunch of pussies, alright?  

Pretty much.  I think it is more overcompensation - with Chrysalis gone and the new system being to give as much love as possible instead of feeding on outside love, it makes sense; they are their own food supply now, so all the treehugging is actually a sort of farming. The happier each individual bug is, and the more things they are enjoying, the more love there is in the "pantry" for the entire hive.

11 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

Well, Pharynx is the only one with any gonads left, and he clearly still cares about the Hive.  They just need to find a place for him in the Hive, which will also help them see what contributions he could give to their own lives as well!  Very complex and well done indeed!

Yup. The hive may not need to go out and hunt any more, but it still needs to defend the borders and deal with any issues that come up - but hey, Pharynx isn't some massively insightful forward-thinker here, he is just a jerk and one of the "jocks", which used to be a good thing in the old hive, but now... not so much.  Even after he goes Shiny though, he is still the same jerk :D

• Brohoof 1

Once again, another fantastic episode! This season's on full swing to be the best one yet!

It was also very fascinating to see more of the reformed Changelings and what they do now that Thorax is taking charge.

Also, Pharynx's personality somehow reminds me of Raphael from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. 

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 3

This was a really entertaining episodes. Better then the other 2 episodes the last 2 weeks, Every character there served a purpose and wasn't wasted and that is always a good thing.

Many would assumed that Pharnyx was a jerk in this episode, but he actually was a very important key to the episode. While the changelings are now kind and gentle and peaceful, dosen't mean that they should stop being warriors. It's not evil to fight for your protection and for your homes, it just shows that you care and love it.

Eventhough Thorax wasn't as cute as 2 weeks before, he was still great and becomes more and more one of my favorite characters. Starlight also showed how she grew, by handling a problem without the help of Twilight.

Also, i kinda liked the scene with the feelings forum. It's kind of a nice parody to these people that have first world problems and who need their safe space. :P

Anyway, great episode. Thumbs up.

• Brohoof 4

Just now, PoisonClaw said:

If i had one complaint, it was that Trixie and Starlight were kind of... lacking in this episode. Their interactions were hilarious as always, but they didn't really do anything except make everything worse.

Have to ask how that differs from normal?  Trixie has an ego you can detect from orbit, and Starlight, well planning isn't her strongest suit.

Just now, Mesme Rize said:

Many would assumed that Pharnyx was a jerk in this episode, but he actually was a very important key to the episode. While the changelings are now kind and gentle and peaceful, dosen't mean that they should stop being warriors. It's not evil to fight for your protection and for your homes, it just shows that you care and love it.

Pharnyx IS a jerk in this episode (also in the past, and going forward). They have found a useful role for a jerk, but that doesn't make him any less of one :D

If Pharynx is apparently older, shouldn't HE be in charge, not Thorax? Or is seniority not how it works in Equestia? (Even though it seems that way with Celestia and Luna?)

• Brohoof 1

I thought of this as a great episode in my opinion although I maybe a bit biased but that doesn't matter. We got to see Starlight as a lead character rather than just a minor character and to me it worked out well, I don't know why they haven't given her more screen time. Enough with the minor character nonsense, the show needs to stop living in the past or they will waste a character in the show all because of marketing.

Also, Starlight said something about what I think of Twilight. I think it's time for her to step down, she has nothing to gain now.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Mesme Rize said:

This was a really entertaining episodes. Better then the other 2 episodes the last 2 weeks, Every character there served a purpose and wasn't wasted and that is always a good thing.

Eventhough Thorax wasn't as cute as 2 weeks before, he was still great and becomes more and more one of my favorite characters. Starlight also showed how she grew, by handling a problem without the help of Twilight.

Also, i kinda liked the scene with the feelings forum. It's kind of a nice parody to these people that have first world problems and who need their safe space. :P

Anyway, great episode. Thumbs up.

Pharnyx has a cool design. I would love if more changelings would look like and act as the leaders under Thorax. :grin:

Just now, ggg-2 said:

If Pharynx is apparently older, shouldn't HE be in charge, not Thorax? Or is seniority not how it works in Equestia? (Even though it seems that way with Celestia and Luna?)

I think Thorax is the boss because he was the first.

• Brohoof 2