117 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Pass me the Raid - Hated it!
    • < Spike's face of disapproval > - Disliked it
    • My feels have all been drained - Meh
    • Feelings Forum fixed my soup! - Liked it
    • OMG there are two Deer Bug Pones? SQUEEE - Loved it

6 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Pharnyx has a cool design. I would love if more changelings would look like and act as the leaders under Thorax. :grin:

I think Thorax is the boss because he was the first.

And because he IS a leader - he took the initiative, learned how to make friends and gain love without forcibly taking it, and brought that knowledge back to the hive.

They could probably choose another, but why would they?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, CypherHoof said:

And because he IS a leader - he took the initiative, learned how to make friends and gain love without forcibly taking it, and brought that knowledge back to the hive.

They could probably choose another, but why would they?

That's true, but he is a leader because he is the first, so I was right. :P

This was a positively delightful and complex episode, another A+ effort from DHX this season!  I gotta go run a quick errand ya'll, but I should be back quickly and promise to share my extensive thoughts on this episode later.  Later ya'll!!! :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

33 minutes ago, Truffles said:

This episode managed to do what "Slice of Life" could only hope to achieve - tell a story completely without any of the Mane 6 or Spike. :orly:

I mean technically "On Your Marks" and "Hard to Say Anything" did that first (there wasn't even a Mane 6 name drop like here) and I think this episode won't be as persecuted as that latter one.:lie:

So which Starlight was I watching this time? I don't even know anymore. Oh look, they even nerfed her for the occasion. Starlight weaker than a changeling drone confirmed. Too bad she still hogs all the action episodes. I'm somewhat amused but quite annoyed at the same time.

Everything else ... Meh. Being peaceful diminishes your need for an army? Thorax truly is a leftist [male who enjoys his mate being in the company of another]. And Pharynx is how right-wingers feel in fee-fee obsessed madhouse that has become the West. A single commando with a cheirosiphon could bring down an entire hive at this point.

P.S: Tell me again why no Rita Repulsa villain is raising G/R armada of giant monsters? They'd steamroll through Equestria in matter of weeks.

• Brohoof 2

Poll is up. =D

Overall this was a great entry into the series and season, and I almost don't know where to begin. The dialog was snappy, which some great banter between four of the main characters in this outing. The message (there were more than a few) are insanely relevant. There were a few times that I was genuinely surprised at where the episode took this. I am particularly happy to see Thorax actually air his disappointment and anger at the Ponies, and Deer Bro was well crafted as a character. Within a short period of time you actually realized that he had a reason for hesitating, for missing the old ways. The feelings of isolation from community, having your identity and purpose seemingly vanish, and the threat of how easy it can be to judge without understanding ... loved this episode. Imagine people complexly indeed. 

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Goat-kun said:

And Pharynx is how right-wingers feel in fee-fee obsessed madhouse that has become the West.

So what you are saying is that ... deep down ... all right-wingers really just want to become like the left at the end of the day. :P

4 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

I mean technically "On Your Marks" and "Hard to Say Anything" did that first (there wasn't even a Mane 6 name drop like here) and I think this episode won't be as persecuted as that latter one.:lie:

They mentioned Twilight a few times. 

Phalynx had some great lines like "I put you in a bag; I thought it went great" :D

That was one of the best lines in the episode. :D

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

So which Starlight was I watching this time? I don't even know anymore. Oh look, they even nerfed her for the occasion. Starlight weaker than a changeling drone confirmed. Too bad she still hogs all the action episodes. I'm somewhat amused but quite annoyed at the same time.

I think that was preshadowed a bit - despite the fact she can apparently still use magic to a certain extent, she was unable to teleport right into the hive (and in fact only got a bit closer than they did the previous time) so I think something there is still inhibiting her powers.

• Brohoof 2

I think that was preshadowed a bit - despite the fact she can apparently still use magic to a certain extent, she was unable to teleport right into the hive (and in fact only got a bit closer than they did the previous time) so I think something there is still inhibiting her powers.

Likely left over pieces of the throne here and there -- it may make accuracy a little bit of an issue. 

Trixie: Oh, so rocks don't work? try THIS! TEACUP!

<moleworm becomes giant, purple teacup with pair of blinking eyes>

Starlight: Trixie! What did I tell you about doing that?

Trixie: That Twilight said it was totally immoral and evil and that we should never do it?

Starlight: yeah, and?

Trixie: and she isn't here.

• Brohoof 1

So I liked MLP "To Change A Changeling". I liked the dynamic between Pharynx and Thorax. I think this goes without saying but Starlight was way too hasty in calling Pharynx a lost cause when clearly his main concern was safety not being evil.  I'll need to watch the episode again before giving more thoughts.

• Brohoof 1

This looks like the beginning of Starlight's magic being portrayed inconsistently, she's suppose to have magic ability rivaling that of Twilight and yet she can't handle a well trained changeling? :okiedokieloki:

Aside from that though I thought the episode was adorable. The changelings have become the cutest things ever! They openly share their feelings, craft things other than weapons, and they can freely chose whatever color they want to be. They've come so far!

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, bluseymoe said:

Quite a bit of good stuff in this ep, even though it also has  Trixie being an insufferable twit (can't believe people actually like her) and Starlight being an idiot.

I think the charm about Trix is that she knows she's annoying, so she rolls with it. You know, that bestie that always annoys you, but you annoy back... It's fun :orly: 

Just now, RulesofRarity said:

This looks like the beginning of Starlight's magic being portrayed inconsistently, she's suppose to have magic ability rivaling that of Twilight and yet she can't handle a well trained changeling? :okiedokieloki:

Aside from that though I thought the episode was adorable. The changelings have become the cutest things ever! They openly share their feelings, craft things other than weapons, and they can freely chose whatever color they want to be. They've come so far!

Maybe Pony magic still doesn't work normally in Changeling territory. 

2 minutes ago, RulesofRarity said:

Well, other than Phalynx who crafts spears :D

• Brohoof 1